5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, November 9, 2008
This review is from: Ilford DELTA 3200 Professional, Black and White Print Film, 120 (6 cm), ISO 3200 (1921535) (Office Product)
Shot at 1250, developed in Diafine. Night shoot, high contrast. No blown highlights, great shadow detail, grain like Kodak Tri-X Pro shot at same ISO. Actually, at 1250 with Diafine, it is just like Tri-X...

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Shadow Detail Ever, November 5, 2012
Delta 3200 has the best shadow detail I've ever seen in any film. Film is notorious for easily losing shadow detail while retaining highlights. When I pulled the first roll out of the tank, the negatives looked super-thin, however once on the scanner I was blown away by what was actually there. The dynamic range is unmatchable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great low-light option, June 17, 2014
Impressive film. The Ilford data sheets give recommended developing times for a wide range of ISOs from 400 to 12500. I've been shooting it recently at 1600 and developing in Xtol with a water rinse (no stop) - it performs great. I've also shot at 3200, but the grain is much more prominent. That's a matter of taste, though - I think the development times are accurate for both ratings.

As for usability, it's nice that there is a pull tab to unravel the film during loading so you don't have to dig under the tape with your fingernails. Also, the foil opens on using tear-guides on the ends rather than in the sides as with Kodak 120 film. This can make it easier to keep the foil intact and re-use it to protect the exposed film. Also, the box helps with this, but having them individually packaged in little boxes makes it harder to pack them in small pockets sometimes.

I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing or a problem with the film, but I think the emulsion might scratch more easily than the Tmax that I typically use - as if it's a little softer after washing. I use a cheap-o rubber squeegee, but I haven't had this problem with my other film. I don't see this as a reason to discontinue use of the film at all, though. Besides not having another good option at this film speed, it's easy enough to modify my behavior to address the differences between films.

I will definitely continue using this film and recommend it to anyone for medium to low-light situations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous grain and contrast, October 31, 2013
This is by far my favorite black and white film. I use it in my Mamiya m645. It makes it easy to shoot in low-light, and the high grain is just gorgeous. I get rich, deep blacks and nice whites.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent High ISO B&W Film..., March 12, 2014
Colby Blair (Atlantic Canada) - See all my reviews
What else can i say - it's fantastic low light film that produces great images with the yashica TLR - obviously there is some grain present, however if your goal is lomography and images that have an artistic flair you will love this film - if you are familiar with film this will not come as a surprise anyway

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for low light!, August 24, 2013
I've been using this at wedding receptions and I am still getting the hang of it. If you have enough light you can use it without flash and it creates very classic beautiful black and whites. So far I prefer to use it with bounced flash or rim light. This film is grainy but, I don't mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic fast speed film, February 20, 2013
Ilford has a long tradition of making great film stock and this is no exception. 3200 speed film at 120 size has a very good grain structure and very close to 400 speed 35mm film in look. I love it and use it on a regular basis.

4.0 out of 5 stars 3200 ASA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, December 25, 2012
Oh my god, this film is faster than Andretti on crack. I'm actually scared of this film. It's not even my style. But if you love grain and fibre and shooting REALLY fast or at night with no light, then dare, dare, dare to try 3200 asa. I did it, and it looked like contrast bleach explosion black and white ultra-grain thick crunchy gravel.
But then again I think 400asa is too fast for my lifestyle. I like 160asa and I'll dare do 400asa for skateboarding, but I avoid 800asa like hard drugs.
Basically 100 asa is aspirin 160 is a cornona 200 is a glass of white wine with your mother 400 is a shot of jack and reuben sandwich, 3200 is full on speedballing while running an I.V. of tequila through your brain stem and eating meth by the handfull.
But if your a hipster kook, i hope you and your holga get hooked on this stuff and your found dead and friendless in an alley.

Rate and Discover Movies