5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, November 9, 2008
This review is from: Ilford DELTA 3200 Professional, Black and White Print Film, 120 (6 cm), ISO 3200 (1921535) (Office Product)
Shot at 1250, developed in Diafine. Night shoot, high contrast. No blown highlights, great shadow detail, grain like Kodak Tri-X Pro shot at same ISO. Actually, at 1250 with Diafine, it is just like Tri-X...

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Shadow Detail Ever, November 5, 2012
Delta 3200 has the best shadow detail I've ever seen in any film. Film is notorious for easily losing shadow detail while retaining highlights. When I pulled the first roll out of the tank, the negatives looked super-thin, however once on the scanner I was blown away by what was actually there. The dynamic range is unmatchable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great low-light option, June 17, 2014
Impressive film. The Ilford data sheets give recommended developing times for a wide range of ISOs from 400 to 12500. I've been shooting it recently at 1600 and developing in Xtol with a water rinse (no stop) - it performs great. I've also shot at 3200, but the grain is much more prominent. That's a matter of taste, though - I think the development times are accurate for both ratings.

As for usability, it's nice that there is a pull tab to unravel the film during loading so you don't have to dig under the tape with your fingernails. Also, the foil opens on using tear-guides on the ends rather than in the sides as with Kodak 120 film. This can make it easier to keep the foil intact and re-use it to protect the exposed film. Also, the box helps with this, but having them individually packaged in little boxes makes it harder to pack them in small pockets sometimes.

I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing or a problem with the film, but I think the emulsion might scratch more easily than the Tmax that I typically use - as if it's a little softer after washing. I use a cheap-o rubber squeegee, but I haven't had this problem with my other film. I don't see this as a reason to discontinue use of the film at all, though. Besides not having another good option at this film speed, it's easy enough to modify my behavior to address the differences between films.

I will definitely continue using this film and recommend it to anyone for medium to low-light situations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous grain and contrast, October 31, 2013
This is by far my favorite black and white film. I use it in my Mamiya m645. It makes it easy to shoot in low-light, and the high grain is just gorgeous. I get rich, deep blacks and nice whites.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beware this is Not 3200 ISO film, January 31, 2013
Depends on developer you use, its a iso 400 film that CAN BE pushed to 3200. In Caffenol its iso 400, in Diafine its 1250. I would stick with trix 400 and use diafine to push to 1250 with 0% grain to the eye! its amazing and cheaper compared to this roll. I havent tried it in Rodinal propperly or other developers, I shot it at 3200 once and send it to the lab they came blank, thought it was a mistake, so I tried 3200 with rodinal and same deal over grainy results and underexposed, then found out the film is actually much lower iso, inside the box it says, I never ever read the info inside a film, but this film is very tricky and needs to be developed exactly as it says.

5.0 out of 5 stars best high sped film!, October 27, 2014
Best high speed film, and the only one left. I shoot this at 3200-6400, looks great in medium format.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent High ISO B&W Film..., March 12, 2014
Colby Blair (Atlantic Canada) - See all my reviews
What else can i say - it's fantastic low light film that produces great images with the yashica TLR - obviously there is some grain present, however if your goal is lomography and images that have an artistic flair you will love this film - if you are familiar with film this will not come as a surprise anyway

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for low light!, August 24, 2013
I've been using this at wedding receptions and I am still getting the hang of it. If you have enough light you can use it without flash and it creates very classic beautiful black and whites. So far I prefer to use it with bounced flash or rim light. This film is grainy but, I don't mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic fast speed film, February 20, 2013
Ilford has a long tradition of making great film stock and this is no exception. 3200 speed film at 120 size has a very good grain structure and very close to 400 speed 35mm film in look. I love it and use it on a regular basis.

5.0 out of 5 stars 3200? YES!, November 25, 2014
canonkid79 (Baltimore, MD United States) - See all my reviews
Love this film. There isn't anything you're not ready for with this stock.