Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Ilford Delta 100 Professional Black-and-White Film 100asa 35mm 24-exposure
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 11, 2013
We develop this ourselves and find it forgiving all things considered. I use B&W photography to introduce my grandkids to chemistry and science. Developing in a small spiral box is pretty easy and the kids can go out and take picts with old equipment then come in and see what they did. Some picts are striking. Adults just don't have the low elevation eye of a 10 year old. I learn so much.
on April 17, 2012
When it comes to black and white film, there are plenty of good brands out there. Ilford Delta is one of the best. This 35mm roll is cheaper than the 36 exposure roll, and honestly it is a lot easier to fill up. With 36 exposures it takes me a while to fill the roll, and so it takes longer to see the results of my photography. I personally like the size of the 24 exposure roll of film, and highly recommend this film. I have used Kodak Tri-X in the past, and it similarly delivers great results. The comparison between the two is hardly noticeable. The only difference I see if that Ilford has slightly better contrast, which is why I use it. I would recommend this film to anybody, along with the Kodak Tri-X. The choice between the two is purely based on personal preference.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 17, 2011
I used to use Kodak for all of my traditional film photography needs but eventually switched to Ilford once I tried it. In my opinion, nothing compares to this film and the manufacturer (Ilford) continues to be the only film company out there who takes its traditional film photography customers seriously. Good luck finding Kodak papers anywhere, let alone in different sizes and sheens. Ilford continues to tailor to us photographers and hasn't strayed yet. Kodak on the other hand, in my opinion, has really sold us out in favor of the digital photography folks and most recently, the injet photo printing markets.

Anyway, this film is amazing, the grain is perfect, and most importantly, the consistency in roll after roll is exactly the same which is a huge relief for us wet darkroom folks where you literally have once chance to get it right in the developer. Highly recommended!
on February 9, 2013
loved this film- i know that nowdays you can edit photos to make them black and white, but i'm old school. i did find out that you have to take or send this to an actual photo shop- not places like walgreens or walmart or kmart- they aren't equipped to develope any film that doesn't say c41. so check your rolls of film for c41 before having them developed. it will ruin the film and you will get NO pictures if the developer doesn't have the capability for that type of film.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 10, 2015
This was a good brand of film but to be completely honest when I had to develop the film it gave me more trouble when I was wrapping it on the reel, a problem I don't have with the Arista EDU film. Don't get me wrong its great film and it does the job ^_^
on February 22, 2013
Love the tones of this film. The low grain makes for large clear pictures with almost zero grain. The negatives are solid and easy to work with too.
on June 1, 2013
I get a lot of Ilford film to shoot and its always performed really well for my needs. They are a great company with top of the line products. I recommend the film to amateurs and pros.
on January 26, 2013
this film always produces lovely, high quality prints. i would reccomend it to anyone, wether theyre an amateur or a professionl, a veteran or a beginner.
on February 10, 2016
Great quality film. Just keep in mind this is real black and white film and very expensive to have developed. Paid $20 for single matte prints.
on June 27, 2012
Ilford is excellent and I love both the film and the paper. That being said it's a bit pricey when ordering through amazon. B&H is much cheaper. $3.99 a roll for 100 and $3.79 for 400 sp/d. The paper tends to be a better deal too but mostly if you order boxes with 100 sheets or more. Great products though.