5.0 out of 5 stars Countless retorts and hilarious vocal burns

3.0 out of 5 stars Come back with more comebacks
Published on August 11, 2008 by M. Grogan

5.0 out of 5 stars Countless retorts and hilarious vocal burns, May 7, 2008
This review is from: I'll Be Sober in the Morning (Paperback)
Upon stumbling in on a nude Winston Churchill as he was a guest in the white house, Churchill said to Franklin Delanor Roosevelt "The Prime Minister of Britain has nothing to hide from the President of the United States." - "I'll Be Sober In the Morning: Great Political Comebacks, Put downs, & Ripostes" shows that some of the most powerful men in the world have also have been some of the most sharp-witted. Filled cover to cover with countless retorts and hilarious vocal burns, and charmingly illustrated by Steve Stegalin, "I'll Be Sober In the Morning: Great Political Comebacks, Put downs, & Ripostes" is highly recommended to humor shelves everywhere with a nod to political studies shelves.

3.0 out of 5 stars Come back with more comebacks, August 11, 2008
This review is from: I'll Be Sober in the Morning (Paperback)
OK, I liked it (to a point). Some great put downs and come backs but I felt many were too familiar and there should have been more. I felt the book was over-priced for something which took less time to read than most magazines. I heard an interview on NPR (National Public Radio) of one of the authors and was left with the impression that the book would deliver more (hence I bought it) and was disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Fun Book, June 11, 2008
This review is from: I'll Be Sober in the Morning (Paperback)
Loved this little book - it reads quickly, and is a great compendium of comebacks and putdowns by the rich and famous. Good stocking stuffer for pursuers of political trivia, opponents of the politically correct, and for those like me who always say "I wish I'd said that!". I only wish it had been longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Ripping Good Read, January 4, 2014
This review is from: I'll Be Sober in the Morning (Paperback)
Having just re-read this after several years, I found myself (once again) laughing out loud, nodding my head and thoroughly enjoying the quick wit and lightning retorts from this mélange of humanity. Oh, to be that clever just once...

5.0 out of 5 stars fun book, January 7, 2009
This review is from: I'll Be Sober in the Morning (Paperback)
I enjoyed this book. I liked it so much, I bought a second copy as a gift.I'll Be Sober in the Morning

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and Common Sense, October 1, 2008
This review is from: I'll Be Sober in the Morning (Paperback)
This little booklet brought many a chuckle and often had me seeking further information on an event, thus adding to my knowledge of historical trivia.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'll Still Be Laughing in the Morning, September 5, 2008
This review is from: I'll Be Sober in the Morning (Paperback)
Political humor is a fertile field for harvesting, and Chris Lamb has combined and baled for us a delightful crop of egotism, argumentation, acerbic wit, and outright insults from political greats from both Europe and the US during the last two to three centuries.

I read it in one sitting and howled. It is now ensconced in my guest bathroom where several other people have also read it in one sitting. In this year rife with snipes and snippets in the American political scene, it's great fun to enjoy the rivalries and repartee of historical politicians of note. When are you going to compile another, contemporary volume, Mr. Lamb? I hope other readers enjoy your book as much as I have.

2.0 out of 5 stars Way too short, August 19, 2008
This review is from: I'll Be Sober in the Morning (Paperback)
Very fun book to have but way, way, way too short. Bad, bad, bad $ value!

I'll Be Sober in the Morning
I'll Be Sober in the Morning by Chris Lamb (Paperback - November 1, 2007)
$15.00 $13.50