5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful bouncy waves for long hair
I have tried several different sets of hot rollers recently, and I love these ones.

Reason #1: they have a velvety covering on the roll, which helps hold the hair in place while you're rolling it up. Some brands have a slick surface on the roller, and my hair slides right off.

Reason #2: they heat up fast. No waiting around for 10-15 minutes for...
Published on February 1, 2007 by R. Miller

1.0 out of 5 stars Insufficient light
Published on February 19, 2005 by CW

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful bouncy waves for long hair, February 1, 2007

Reason #2: they heat up fast. No waiting around for 10-15 minutes for the rollers to get hot. They heat up in just a few minutes and are plenty hot enough to get the job done. I tried one brand that said it heats up in 90 seconds. Maybe, but they were barely warm enough to create a curl.

Reason #3: plenty of curlers, all one size (large!). Other brands have at least 4 very small curlers that I never use. This set is perfect for someone with long hair and no bangs, therefore not needing the small curlers.

Reason #4: the pins are easy to use and don't leave marks in my hair like some brand's clips do.

I get lots of compliments on my hair when I use these curlers. I really love this set and I'm so glad I bought it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mirror, Mirror, standing tall, August 1, 2007
I have had a lighted mirror for over twenty years, it (the lights) finally died and could not be replaced. I looked at all you had to offer and picked the Conair, mostly because it reminded me most of the old mirror, well, wasn't I in for a shock, this Conair is 10 times better than my old one, the lighting choices, Day, Evening, Office, etc are wonderful and also very true to the setting you are going to be in. I am thrilled with this product and wouldn't hesitate to by anything made by Conair again

1.0 out of 5 stars Insufficient light, February 19, 2005
CW (Louisville, KY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Illumina by Conair Collection Two-Sided Lighted Makeup Mirror with 3 Panels and 4 Light Settings (Health and Beauty)
The lighting on this mirror is insufficient even on the brightest setting. It has four small light bulbs, two blue and two white. The older lighted makeup mirrors used two elongated fluorescent bulbs which provided much brighter light. I thought it was a bargain at 21.99, but then I had to buy a desk lamp to place next to it to supplement the lighting, so it turned out to be no bargain after all. The style, the mirrors, and the magnification are good... but I consider the lighting the most important feature of a lighted make up mirror. So to me, it is a disappointment.

5.0 out of 5 stars had trouble at first but then watched this, August 7, 2008
I bought this product tonight and just used the hot rollers. They were ready to go in about 3 minutes. I have never used hot rollers before so it was somewhat of a disaster... I tried to start from the bottom and work up... don't ask why. I seriously had no idea what i was doing. But in the end when I took them out i had much more volume than usual and some wave. I was really happy just with that. My hair is really flat and thin and I hate it.

So naturally I went looking around on the internet trying to figure out how to use these rollers and found this video on youtube.

[...]

I can't wait to try again tomorrow! Since I have seen so many posts about people not knowing how to use the wire clips, I thought I would share :)

Happy rolling!

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad lighting, August 26, 2005
I agree with the previous review that this mirror has bad lighting. I returned it for a refund. I then found the Jilbere mirror in the same style which does have real bright lighting and I am happy with it. Don't waste your money on the Conair.

4.0 out of 5 stars They Work!, April 20, 2010
I read many reviews before purchasing my first set of hot rollers. I started out with the other Conair set,(Xtreme Instant Heat) with the different sizes. It worked well and yes, the clips are hard to work with but ultimately I exchanged it for the jumbo (and SUPER jumbo) curlers because I have long hair. If you are trying to achieve lots of curls and your hair is on the shorter side, than the smaller sized rollers are perfect for you. If you are like me, attempting to get the Gisele Bundchen waves then the jumbo size curlers are perfect for that! The problem is not the curlers, but how you use them.
Your hair MUST be blown dry and even better if it was not recently washed. DO NOT straighten your hair before curling because although it may still work you are decreasing your chances of a perfect result. It takes practice to be able to use these properly, and yes the clips could be more convenient to use, but they are doable. Although the curlers can heat up in less than five minutes, I would give them at least ten. The longer they heat, the better they will hold your hair. Fifteen to twenty minutes in your hair is all the time you need. I honestly think that the people who gave this product bad reviews are just impatient and are expecting a perfect product, when one just does not exist in this category. Do not feel discouraged or afraid to use these, personally, I feel that they are more efficient than a curling iron.

CONSENSUS: I give this a solid four stars because I am still waiting for CHI or Sedu to come out with an awesome professional set that has no flaws, whatsoever. This is the only set that I have seen that comes with super jumbo sized rollers (over 1.5") which is really great for people with long hair. Do not hesitate to invest in these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Curl, November 13, 2002
K. Smith (Newport News, VA USA) - See all my reviews
I love these curlers. I have long hair. The larger curler is great. I like having all the same size curlers. I never used the little ones in other sets. These heat up fast and curl great. The velvety covering really helps protect the hair. I like the pins that come with this set. I had another set with the hinge clips and they left funny little dents in my curl. These work much better!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mirror, March 24, 2006
If you apply your makeup in a dim room, this lighted mirror will probably not solve your problem. However, I wasn't expecting an ultra-bright light and what the mirror offers with the "day" setting option suits my needs. Plus, the view is much larger than a lot of other mirrors - now I can actually see from the top of my head to my neck! Also, the middle mirror section can be flipped for normal or magnified reflections. You can not get a better makeup mirror for the money - I'm thrilled with this purchase!

1.0 out of 5 stars AWFUL!! Terrible light., March 21, 2006
After years with my similar style Remington and Clairol mirrors, I assumed this mirror would be the same. I expected the same fluorescent long bulbs that the others had but, instead, this comes with little bulbs that give off very little light. Who ever made the decision to use these bulbs instead of the florescent strip type bulbs should be FIRED. This shouldn't even get one star. I returned this for a refund immediately.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not accurate or bright enough lighting, February 10, 2005
Conspicuous Consumer (Georgia Regents University) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
The mirror uses four 10 watt bulbs for illumination, two blue and two clear. The clear bulbs are used at 0, 1.2 and full illumination settings and the blue bulbs are either off or on. The maximum wattage of 40 is dimmer than my current mirror and the blue cast adds to the dysfunctional lighting. The design and mirror magnification are fine.

The best mirror I have found is one of a similar design by Vidal Sassoon that used fluorescent bulbs but is no longer available.