Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Illuminati: The Cult that Hijacked the World
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on June 30, 2011
When I began reading this book, it put me in mind of something a friend of mine said recently when I encouraged him to read a book which I found particularly interesting: "I don't read books," he said, "because I'm not sure I can believe anything I read." In many ways, I found this book to be very much like that. Early on, in fact, I got the impression that the author had simply gathered every scrap of information he could find and everything he could think of and threw it against the wall hoping that some of it would stick. But, as I delved deeper into the book, I realized that if only half of what he said was true, the United States and the world at large are on the brink of a world-wide catastrophe of immeasurable proportions: A "New World Order" featuring a one-world socialist government controlled by the international banking cartel which currently prints the world's money and controls its credit. Saddest of all: This book provides a great deal of credible evidence indicating that that is precisely where the world stands at this very moment.

But the book does much more than that! It also answers a lot of perplexing questions. Among them: What "is" the "Illuminati," who founded it and why? What's the connection between the "Illuminati" and "Freemasonry," and what's the significance of being a "33rd Degree Mason? Was the Chief of German Intelligence, during WWI, really the brother of Paul Warburg, the man primarily responsible for America's Federal Reserve System? Why is it said that the United States' dollar is backed only by "debt"? Was J. Pierpont Morgan actually an agent of the Rothschild banking empire based in Britain? Was Woodrow Wilson's chief advisor and alter-ego, Edward Mandell House, a known Marxist, in reality an agent of the House of Rothschild? What was in "The House Report" which was read into the Congressional Record on October 13, 1939? Why did England attempt to appease Adolph Hitler prior to World War II, who was behind it, and why? Are the Rothschilds and the Rockefellers leading the effort to create the New World Order, and, if so, why would the wealthiest men in the world want to destroy the goose that lays their golden eggs? Who are the members of the "International Banking Cartel, led by the Rothschilds, how does it operate, and how has it managed to operate in almost total secrecy for over 100 years? Why doesn't the media investigate and expose these people and the ongoing effort to derail the world's economy, destroy national sovereignty, and create their New World Order? What's the difference between "Judaism" and "Zionism"? Why and how was "Israel" really founded, and do the Palestinians really have a legitimate claim to any of the territory where Israel now stands? Why is it that whichever political party wins the U.S. Presidency, nothing ever changes? Why isn't "Christianity" ever portrayed in a positive light in the movies or in the media, and why is there such a constant press to destroy "Christianity," but no other religion? (You'll be surprised at the answer) And, finally, what's the difference, if any, between Communism and "human rights," "feminism," diversity," communitarianism," and "world government," etc.?

If any of these questions intrigue you, you might want to read this book. As a matter of fact: You'd be wise to read it anyway! But, be warned, it isn't an easy read and it won't help you sleep better at night. For if you can believe even the tiniest part of this book, you'll likely conclude that there are a heck of a lot more truly evil men in this world than you ever imagined. The people behind the Illuminati, in fact, make Adolph Hitler and Joseph Stalin look like saints.
44 comments|82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2010
Ever since I heard of Henry Mackow, I have been an avid reader of his articles and books. Mackow makes it clear the warped maneuverings of organizations like the Illuminati and others in trying to pave the way for a New World Order. Actually, when I read his latest book, "The Illuminati: The Cult that Hijacked the World," all my past thoughts about conspiracy theories and the impact of an elite group of men and institutions bent on creating war, discords, corruption, amongst other things became crystal clear, and even logical. After all, throughout history there have always been--to steal a term from Adam Smith--a "hidden" hand engineering revolutions and calamities to create a terrain commnensurate with their interests. The Opium wars in China, the disaster of the U.S.S. Maine, the blowing up of the Reichstag, etc..

In this book, "The Illuminati," Mackow takes the reader through a trajectory of a history marked with connivance of high officials and groups, who use human beings as guinea pigs and fund mass murderers. In an effort to destabilize society, they create vice and then force it unto the masses. War is used to sabotage society as well as install their power brokers in an effort to maintain the secret societies' control of the status quo. And much of this does ring true. If anybody is aware of the founding of Ameica, secret societies, like the Freemasons played a central role in the creation of the United States.

The most vivid aspect of this book is how Mr. Mackow shows conclusively with evidence about the ultimate objective of the "elite." He shows how conspiracy is real and not fiction, especially when he debunks the attacks on "The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion." The book itself lays out the blueprint for world government, which is going on right now. Our media is a propaganda transmitor and molds our minds into the "elite's" way of thinking. The rise of Communism was aided and abetted by mainly Jews and its effects were disasterous upon humanity.The nazis and Hitler were definately in league with their ambitions.

Even if you are a skeptic, you will realize that "The Illuminati," is not a fable. The book draws from "real" people who were killed and abused by this cult and its related organizations--the C.I.A., among others. Cathy O' Brien and others mentioned in this book testify to that reality. I greatly recommnend this book for anybody interested in wanting to know what pushes world events and also to discern the present state of affairs with the ills of American imperialism going in the Middle East and elsewhere!Illuminati: The Cult that Hijacked the World
22 comments|81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 23, 2009
If you're not sure whether you should buy this book, I urge you to go to savethemales.ca and take a look at some of the articles that Makow has authored. I have spent many hours on researching this topic, and Makow has been one of the best sources for information to date. The accuracy and clarity of his writings is remarkable. It's time we found out the truth about the world, the way it's run, and where it's headed. It may be a harsh dose of reality, but "the truth will set us free".
11 comment|90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 1, 2012
So- I have been interested in the topic of elusive illuminati for a while and was excited to finally read a book about the topic to find out more. The PHD title held by this author also gave me the feeling of validity.
But about half way into this book I realized:
1.) Topics- and literal sentences were being repeated over and over and over. Barely even paraphrased. It almost felt a little like an attempt at brainwashing.
2.) That I was reading the author's STRONG opinions- with facts and references to back up his point of view when it referenced actual historical events.
3.) He believes that Jewish bankers are the "devil"- he could have just typed these words over and over- and called it a wrap. Which I guess he kind of did- this particular point was OVERMADE and actually became irritating- whether its true or not- is not even my gripe- its how he tries to drill into the reader's head to get this point across that got irritating.

Once I realized these things- I started flipping and skimming around- and noticed that toward the end it became really wacky. Referencing how before 2010 arrives San Fransicsco will be in the sea- and 2012 will be some end of world catastrophic event- and that's when I put this book down- and am skimming amazon to hopefully find a non fanatical book about the illuminati what they are- what they stand for- and what they are trying to make happen. That's really all I was hoping for this book to be..
1111 comments|74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2009
I really didn't know what to think of this book when I first received it. And I must thank Amazon's excellent recommendation system for bringing it to my attention. Previously, I knew Henry Makow only for his Internet outreach. So, I had no real expectations for his work as an author. And, in the end, I was pleasantly surprised, and edified by this work.

This book is really a series of essays on the influence of occult forces throughout history even down to the present day. As such, the essays are not necessarily completely congruent in terms of message and theme. And this can be a bit distracting. Finally though, a theme does emerge: Our fallen world is controlled by powerful occult forces. And these we must resist. This I can fully support.

Makow does go to great pains to let us know that he is an ethnic Jew who disapproves of the machinations of powerful Jews, and others. This also we can wholeheartedly support. The threat to our world is not based on ethnicity in the final analysis. When you think about it, the thoughts that are in a person's mind are much more dispositive of their actions than the blood that flows through their veins. This important point is well made in this series of essays. In the end, it is an important book and well worth the time, money, and effort. We are again grateful to Amazon for their excellent recommendation system. God bless.
99 comments|91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 17, 2010
Henry Makow is quite well known as a Jewish English Professor who has a very active internet website that regularly updates many theories and events relating to "conspiracy theory." Now, speaking for myself, I am a realist, not "a classic-kind of conspiracist" as such. I am a Christian and am very much aware of how much "spiritual wickedness" finds it way around "in high places," (as the apostle Paul referred to these things in some of his writings). Even so, I must admit that researching these areas is of tremendous interest to a lot of people, ... including many Christians.
This book is a good primer on the subject of how the ruling elite within secret societies and central banking and politics has been operating behind the scenes for several centuries to bring about "a Global Government of Nations" *that will most surely concentrate the reins of power in the hands of an elite few.* This particular book is not an in-depth study, for it is intended, rather, as an overview of a vast and complex subject that can (easily and readily) lead people into delusions of paranoia and all kinds of disinformation rabbit-holes. It also has the expertise of a man who has been researching the subject for many years and brings a fine and intellectual mind to bear upon the subject matter. I would highly recommend it as an introductory book that brings genuine insight as to WHAT IS THE ACTUAL PROBLEM? with occultic-elitism, and HOW TO COPE WITH IT? or perhaps even COUNTER it. Highly recommended to everyone who is interested in the subject of conspiracy and the mind-numbing manipulations of the elite sometimes referred to generally as "the Illuminati".
By the way: THE REAL ENEMY (as Dr.Makow often points out) is NOT the Jewish people; it is the luciferian/satanism of those jews and gentiles who sell their soul for the seductions of money, power, "fame," and perks and pleasures. Read this book. Along with the works of Jim Marrs, it can really open your eyes to many things you were previously blinded to.
on July 11, 2010
There is so much to say about this book. This is actually a series of articles with no chapters or index. But, this book offers alot of insight into the Illuminati and the subversive means they use to gain control of the world. The author lists many books as references for the reader to gather more information. In fact I have ordered a few from Amazon. I am not sure how to classify this book. It is not a good beginner for readers unfamiliar with the Illuminati, nor is it the end all book, because it has way to much speculation. Which leads me to the negatives of this book. A lot of speculation and blanket statements without supporting evidence. Also, the author uses the word "Jew" in every article which becomes very nauseating.
Finally, one thing readers may miss in reading this book(which is actually the theme); the author makes it very plain that this is essentially a spiritual battle for the soul of mankind. You and I have a choice to submit to Christ(goodness)or Satan(evil).
on July 15, 2010
I found this book to be serious fuel for thought. Although Dr. Makow has I believe erroneously split the world into good and evil he makes a facinating argument about the power of globalized banking cartels and the influence they have had on historical and contemporary events. As a critical and observant historian I think his conspiritorial thesis that points to the the weakening of long held human cultural, social, political, and economic foundations should be taken very seriously. If power is going to take its natural course--which is to seek more power--then any barriers to that natural progression would have to be dismantled. Imagine destroying a groups social cohesiveness {i.e culture and norms} by weakening their idenity, education, community, history, belief system, and language. Then take away their right to property and economic independence via forced debt instrumnets {i.e bank loans, credit, morgages, franchises, power/water independence, and property rights}. Now you have the recepie for modern day global/corporate feudalism and a return to medieval social and economic hierarchial systems. The idea of secret societies or cults being behind these methodical designs intended to undermine people's ability to remain sovereign and resistant to this type of one world situation was not convincing as of yet. I will be looking closely for more evidence. It seems to me that the capitalist banking cartels {IMF, World Bank, Federal Reserve} have gained momentum over the last 50 yrs and do have a master plan to connect all economies through global free trade agreements and rapid digital capital flows, however, I am not convinced of an underground black occult conspiracy that is taking orders from Satan. I am not totally dismissing his theory but I need to know more. While Dr. Makow is a Jew he reveals a group of greedy, selfish, and evil Jews who have been behind the most brutal events of the 20th century {WWI & WWII}. He points out that the formation of Israel was orchestrated by the Illuminati with help from it's members in the United Nations. Makow believes there are good Jews and those who are using Judaism and anti-Semitism as a cover to complete their very patient and selfish plan of dominating the planet. I do know that Jewish financers and organizers played a crucial role in convincing President Truman and the British government to grant statehood to Israel after WWII. Does this mean these people were part of a dark cult called the illuminati? As I said at the outset of my review, this book will make you think; however, don't allow these powerful ideas to draw you in and prevent you from using critical thought, wisdom, history, and insight as you seek to gain understanding from the claims established by this very fascinating and brilliant author. Dr. Makow turns history over and shakes the hell out of it. Amazing and intriguing. Continue to chanllenge the stauts quo and remember a differnt world is possible. Peace & Respect.
Why We Fight WWII: The Complete SeriesWhy We Fight
on March 3, 2010
This book cuts through all the BS and tells it the way it is. I'm sure there's a campaign to smear the book and the author. If you want to know what's really going on buy this book.
on December 26, 2014
Henry is well read and informed about this subject. Many miss the fact that even though there are many "Jews" involved in the Illuminati - New World Order - Zionist Cabal, International Bankers....there is more to the subject than just that. When I first discovered the same things that Makow has, and at about the same time, I was flabbergasted - but I couldn't argue with the evidence. But as I pondered the facts, I had to face the fact that it wasn't hard to discover. This led me to the conclusion that I (and others) were meant to discover this as we delved below the surface. But the fact is....it was simply too easy. So, what is the deeper truth that we are not meant to discover as we are diverted by the shallow dive below the surface? Revelation 2:9 and 3:9 both speak of "those who claim to be Jews but are not", rather they are "a Synagogue of Satan." So who are those hiding behind the Jews and claiming to be Jews.

Many believe that they are the Khazars, and it's true that they have taken over the world of Judaism, though they are not Semites (from Shem), but in reality biologically they are Japhethites. Personally I believe those ultimately behind this nefarious "hidden hand" are Edomites, the descendants of Esau, Jacob's twin brother. I believe that Esau's descendants want to take back everything they think that Jacob stole from Esau. Ever since 125 B.C., when John Hyrcanus forced them to convert to Judaism, the Jewish Encyclopedias claim that the Edomites and the Jews have been one people. At the time of Jesus (Yahushua) and the Apostles, the Edomites have ruled over the Jews via the Herods....just as Isaac prophesied in Genesis 27:39 and 40 (read carefully the last sentence).

Mr. Makow, without apology or fanfare, delineates the source of this evil power in the world - Satan and Satanism. This is what is really behind Communism, Fascism, Zionism, Freudianism, Darwinism, Rationalism, Materialism, and the Enlightenment, i.e. Lucifer the light bearer. It's all a ruse which has been building for centuries, especially the last five, though a case could probably be made that the machinations have gone on from further back than even that - it's just that it becomes exceeding obvious in the last five hundred years. Those who have been brainwashed by the controlled media and educational system will scoff at this, but the evidence, once confronted is simply too overwhelming to deny.