Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc blink-182 Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 24, 2008
I bought this book on Saturday and have spent no less than 5 hours devouring it. I am a visual when it comes to cookbooks and the fact that EVERY single recipe had a picture was almost enough to sell me on this book. It's really heavy but since I don't plan to cart it around daily that should be ok. I love the picture gallery of what's coming up in each section. It makes it really easy to scan, find something that looks good, and then head to that page so you don't always have to flip through the entire book. One of my favorite features is the Techniques section in the back. It's not one of those cookbooks where you will really never make anything. If you love to cook and are willing to experiment this is a keeper!
on March 6, 2010
I love the wide variety of recipes in this book and most importantly the sections on food preparation techniques.The only downside is after making about 6-7 recipes from this book I've noticed some bland recipes and a few small printing errors. For example, the german apple cake didn't call for baking powder but in step 3 it states, "Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt." The cake was also too salty. Because I'm still learning to cook I still recommend it because the instructions, illustrations, and new recipes were really helpful for a beginner.
on February 19, 2009
This is a great cookbook that has all types of foods. It also has a section in the back that gives you alot of hints and how to's. It would specially be good for a new cook, but anyone who has been cooking for years can also profit by it.
on April 15, 2009
I bought this for my sister-in-law after I had recieved it from a friend. I love this cookbook! There are appetizing pictures of every recipe, and directions on how to do things like pipe meringue in the back of the book. I've cooked about ten different things from this book and everything has been delicious. I highly recommend it!
on July 26, 2013
Even though I use the internet a lot for recipes these days, this book is a treasure of ideas for dinner parties or everyday meals which are easy but interesting and delicious. I am amazed at how many dishes I have made that have turned out really wonderful. It is a great book for browsing and the photos are very enticing and directions easy. I keep it on my kitchen island for inspiration!
on April 21, 2013
great cookbook with so many easy every day recipes and basics that can expand your repertoire in the kitchen. beautiful pictures and easy to follow recipes. i've had the book for three years and use it often.
on May 14, 2009
My Grand Daughter Came home one weekend from culinery school with this book she had checked out from the library and was really impressed with it. So as a gift I went on line to Amazom.com and bought her her own copy. Wow was I ever glad I did. This is now her favorite cooking book. She really rants and raves about how great this book is. I know if I would ack her she would recomend this book to anyone who likes cooking. It's full of helpfull hints, receipts, conversion tables and etc. This book would make a good text book for cooks. The book got to me way before delivery date. It's been a great experance for me, THANK YOU
on September 7, 2012
Terrific must have for new cooks as well as kitchen pros.
Every kitchen needs a basic and This Is It.
From techniques, basic meat and fish cutting, roasting times to home style dinners and entertaining. Easy to follow instructions with great pics on every page.
I bought this as a graduation present for a college grad going out into the world and cooking on thier own.
Wonderful apps and international recipes as well.
Unbelievable price for this heavy beautifully illustrated book and worth twice the investment!
on October 24, 2011
I am 73 years young and I must have at least 50 or so cookbooks. Of all I have ever read, the Kitchen Bible is without a doubt, the best written cookbook ever. Its is clear, concise and totally practical.
on April 23, 2009
After realizing that almost every recipe I was drooling over on [...] came from this cookbook, I bought it and I'm so glad I did. There is a picture of every recipe, and although they are beautiful photographs, they are not intimidating. I'm also very pleased with the wide variety of cuisines represented, as well as useful tips for menus and more.