5.0 out of 5 stars Love IT!!!!!
Published on November 24, 2008 by OP

3.0 out of 5 stars pretty good
Published on March 6, 2010 by Samantha Mosby

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Love IT!!!!!, November 24, 2008
This review is from: The Illustrated Kitchen Bible (Hardcover)
I bought this book on Saturday and have spent no less than 5 hours devouring it. I am a visual when it comes to cookbooks and the fact that EVERY single recipe had a picture was almost enough to sell me on this book. It's really heavy but since I don't plan to cart it around daily that should be ok. I love the picture gallery of what's coming up in each section. It makes it really easy to scan, find something that looks good, and then head to that page so you don't always have to flip through the entire book. One of my favorite features is the Techniques section in the back. It's not one of those cookbooks where you will really never make anything. If you love to cook and are willing to experiment this is a keeper!

3.0 out of 5 stars pretty good, March 6, 2010
This review is from: The Illustrated Kitchen Bible (Hardcover)
I love the wide variety of recipes in this book and most importantly the sections on food preparation techniques.The only downside is after making about 6-7 recipes from this book I've noticed some bland recipes and a few small printing errors. For example, the german apple cake didn't call for baking powder but in step 3 it states, "Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt." The cake was also too salty. Because I'm still learning to cook I still recommend it because the instructions, illustrations, and new recipes were really helpful for a beginner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Cook Book Ever!, April 15, 2009
This review is from: The Illustrated Kitchen Bible (Hardcover)
I bought this for my sister-in-law after I had recieved it from a friend. I love this cookbook! There are appetizing pictures of every recipe, and directions on how to do things like pipe meringue in the back of the book. I've cooked about ten different things from this book and everything has been delicious. I highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Kitchen Bible Cookbook, February 19, 2009
This review is from: The Illustrated Kitchen Bible (Hardcover)
This is a great cookbook that has all types of foods. It also has a section in the back that gives you alot of hints and how to's. It would specially be good for a new cook, but anyone who has been cooking for years can also profit by it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Illustrated Kitcheb Bible, May 14, 2009
Ronald P. Condit (Grand Junction, Colo.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Illustrated Kitchen Bible (Hardcover)
My Grand Daughter Came home one weekend from culinery school with this book she had checked out from the library and was really impressed with it. So as a gift I went on line to Amazom.com and bought her her own copy. Wow was I ever glad I did. This is now her favorite cooking book. She really rants and raves about how great this book is. I know if I would ack her she would recomend this book to anyone who likes cooking. It's full of helpfull hints, receipts, conversion tables and etc. This book would make a good text book for cooks. The book got to me way before delivery date. It's been a great experance for me, THANK YOU

5.0 out of 5 stars will make you want to cook!, April 23, 2009
Becka "becka" (ALGONQUIN, IL, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Illustrated Kitchen Bible (Hardcover)
After realizing that almost every recipe I was drooling over on [...] came from this cookbook, I bought it and I'm so glad I did. There is a picture of every recipe, and although they are beautiful photographs, they are not intimidating. I'm also very pleased with the wide variety of cuisines represented, as well as useful tips for menus and more.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THIS BOOK!, March 9, 2009
This review is from: The Illustrated Kitchen Bible (Hardcover)
I love this book with all my heart -- I am so happy I purchased it. I read it almost every day ... just for fun! The photos are gorgeous and the recipes are out of this world. So far I have tried a handful of them and they turned out great!! Buy this book!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very best cookbook ever!, October 24, 2011
This review is from: The Illustrated Kitchen Bible (Hardcover)
I am 73 years young and I must have at least 50 or so cookbooks. Of all I have ever read, the Kitchen Bible is without a doubt, the best written cookbook ever. Its is clear, concise and totally practical.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best cookbook EVER, February 19, 2011
This review is from: The Illustrated Kitchen Bible (Hardcover)
This is my go-to cookbook. I am a pretty good cook but I love ethnic food and experiments, and this book is a perfect reference when I have a craving for something unusual. The recipes are authentic and traditional, and I love that each recipe has pairing suggestions and alternate preps. The only way to make this cookbook better would be to include nutritional facts. There are substitutions for every diet and a huge collection of vegetarian and non-dairy recipes, which my husband and I like. I give this book as a gift for all my friends who get married because it is that good. I mark each recipe as I make it, because I'd like to try every recipe in this book someday!

5.0 out of 5 stars no.1 cookbook, January 28, 2009
This review is from: The Illustrated Kitchen Bible (Hardcover)
i accidentally saw this cookbook in del city library, oklahoma.took me just 5 mins to actually fall in love with this.i am an avid cookbook collector.this one is a must.as u flip the pages,there are those colorful pictures n savory recipes one page to another.those recipes are sooooo mouth watering.its awesome!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Illustrated Kitchen Bible
The Illustrated Kitchen Bible by Victoria Blashford-Snell (Hardcover - October 20, 2008)
$35.00 $25.11