Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Iluminum ILUS111 33-Inch Freestanding Water Cooler Dispenser with Storage Cabinet Hot and Cold, White
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on February 14, 2012
Let me start with the good. Unit is well built metal with very little plastic. What is plastic the door and the upper part where the taps are but think there is metal behind it. Not cheap felling at all. 1power switches are on the back top left side easy to reach and turn on or off. The drip tray is nice it clips onto the unit easy to clean.

ok the bad but noting I can not deal with just what I would change.

not easy to clean the tank being the baffle can not be removed to wipe it out. But the user guide is wacky get there soon.

Can not set the temp for cold. Well you could but there is a sticker ofer the switch that says do not adjust. Might this be done I do not know at all.

The inside of the storage is small plastic but works.

Unit is short over my old unit.

The user guide. no info how to clean it or replace a tap if needed. This guide could use more info on basic cleaning.

I said short let me give you the size now
height

depth
about 6 3/18 inch

height
about 1 foot or 12 inches

there is a shelf plastic size
8 1/2 inches
Depth
6 1/4 inches

It has two places you can put it.

Shipping was great fedex doubled boxed and no problems at all.

power cord is white also I say about 5 or 6 feet

NO HOT WATER SAFETY on this what that mean if you have hot on you just push the tap. This is no big deal for me since I leave hot off till I need it.

My old unit was taller 37 1/2 inches I do like this unit being a little shorter makes it easy to load.

It is white looks nice. If needed there is mounting holes for a cup holder so I think this company must make one for it.

Overall review for me 5 star total
on April 6, 2012
The item was delivered in a timely manner and meets all advertised specifications. The height was excellent being that I am my wife both have some disabilities and lifting a 5 gallon bottle of water can be difficult at times. We are enjoying this device and recommend it for others.
on March 21, 2013
In my house I now have a total of three water coolers. My favorite is one made by GE but I could not find it so I bought this one. First thing I learned is I cannot use my Zero Water bottle on so I am stuck with the conventional kind. The storage on my GE keeps beverages cool and storage on this cooler is only dry storage. It's OK but not great. Also the shortest of all my coolers for some reason.
on April 18, 2013
We have had a water cooler for at least 10 years, and it finally gave out. So we decided to purchase this one. It is very poorly made. Makes a huge racket when the cooler kicks on to chill the cold water, and when we remove the 5 gallon bottle from the top the whole plastic piece on the top comes with it. Our expectation is that it will not last as long as the other one. We will not purchase another Iluminum Product.
on May 25, 2012
My main problem with this cooler is it does not cool my water enough. You may be able to get an 8oz glass of "cool" water at a time, but I drink liters. When I fill my large water cup the water temp is "maybe" a few degrees below room temp. I'm trying to figure out how to adjust the thermostat despite there being a sticker on the back advising not to.
I've had no problems with the hot water.
There's also an issue with the height, it's too short. Others have commented about this but I didn't think it would be a problem for me because I'm ahort(5'2"). The height coupled with the, although very stylish, flush buttons make dispensing water from this machine very awkward.
Once I figure out how to adjust the cold water temp I will be able to look past the height and button flaws.
on April 27, 2012
I was very disappointed with this unit. It's loud and seems to run very often to keep its hot and cold water reservoirs at the right temp. Worse, those reservoirs seems to be exceptionally small. If I were to pour a 12-oz glass of cold water, followed by an 8-oz glass, more often than not, the 8-oz glass would be room-temperature rather than cold. Sometimes it would actually be WARM. The amount of heat put off by the hot-water heater often warmed the entire top of the tank, including the water in the bottle. (Note also: the description is extremely vague about whether or not a bottle is included - it is not. Luckily I had one already. My water bottle was fitted with a screw-on cap that limited how much water could gush out of the bottle at a time. Because the bottle receptacle is fairly small and the top of the unit is fairly broad, I don't know if it would be possible to get a bottle into place without making a giant mess unless you had such a cap on your bottle. My one attempt without it was disastrous.)

Worst of all, however, beyond the noise and the small amount of cold water available, was the taste. We have excellent-quality tap water here to begin with, but when we first installed the unit it added a chlorine taste even after running a whole bottle of water through the system to purge it. That taste gradually went away as we drank the second 3-gallon bottle, however when we refilled that bottle (again, with clean, good-tasting tap water) the taste returned STRONGER than ever. It was literally undrinkable at that point. I again tried flushing 3 gallons of water through the system, but the overpowering chlorine taste remained.

The shipping/packaging was also inadequate. The broken-English owner's manual makes it very clear that the unit should never be laid flat or turned upside down, however there were no "this end up" instructions or other directions on the shipping crate. UPS left it on its side and it may well have been flipped multiple times during shipping. It arrived with small dents on one side of the cabinet.

The only positives I can add are that the unit itself is reasonably attractive and sturdy, the buttons and switches are firm and easy to use, and while it's quite low to the ground, the drip-tray is flat and wide enough that you can set a drinking class on it when you pour (though I probably wouldn't do that with hot water). The water temperature on the water, both hot and cold, was quite good, as long as I didn't want more than about one glass at a time.

I'm in the market for a new water cooler, as this one is being returned immediately.
on June 5, 2013
This makes water taste like factory runoff. It is nasty and it makes you really hope you are not ingesting anything carcinogenic. We tried cleaning it out good with vinegar. It worked for a bit but then became bad again. Do not buy this brand!!
on October 25, 2013
I concur with several of the other reviews. The cold water is cool at best and sometimes not even as cold as tap water. The hot water works great and is perfect for beverages such as hot chocolate and instant coffee. It is noisy when either the heater or cold compressors self-activate, which is frequently. Would not purchase this model again.
on July 15, 2013
We had a ceramic water crock, but I wanted to upgrade to one with cold and hot water. This works great so far, it doesn't make a ton of cold or hot water, but we haven't had a problem with the amount made. If you expect more than 2 cups of ice cold water at a time you may have a problem that requires a more expensive water cooler, but otherwise it makes enough cool water for the 4 of us.
on May 8, 2012
I needed a replacement for my found on the street 7 year old water cooler since it's icing up. This one was cheap and had free Prime Shipping. After having it for 2 weeks I can say that it keeps the water kind of cold. I don't use the heated water since when you turn that on it warms the cool water so it's even less cold.

The unit was packaged pretty poorly and dents really easily. It seems sturdy, the bad smell goes away fast, and it's quiet.

The press buttons are stiff and annoying to use, but like I said before, for the price I'm fine with it.

See 1 answered question