Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: I'm Awesome: One Man's Triumphant Quest to Become the Sweetest Dude Ever
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on April 17, 2012
If you're looking to be inspired and amused, this is the book for you.

Ellis has lived through some hard times and worked even harder to get where he is today. It's really, truly inspiring to read this story as someone who had a fairly "normal" upbringing. Reading some of the stories in this book (and listening to the stories told on Ellis' radio show on SiriusXM Faction) causes me to sit back and think "wow, if Jason can get through it, I don't have an excuse to not try." It's time to harden the f' up.

In-between all of the hilarious and almost unbelievable stories you'll find in this book there's something insanely relatable about his struggle, and that's why I'll always consider myself a fan of Jason Ellis.

Red Dragons.
on April 17, 2012
If you are a fan, you will love it. Imagine "The Dirt" but better. Ellis is a tragic hero who can't help but make you laugh. Get on board with him before you miss the Big Effing Mega Boat.
on April 19, 2012
I am a huge fan of Ellis and Tully and love hearing all the stories on the radio, but this book brings even more to the party. It is extremely entertaining and inspiring.
Having Tully write the book was the best idea ever. His in depth knowledge of Jason Ellis really helps to capture Ellis's thoughts in his own unique dialog.
You do not need to be a fan of the Jason Ellis show to enjoy this book. The stories will entertain anyone who doesn't mind a few f'bombs. :)
Red Dragons!
on April 23, 2012
What can I say about this book that has not already been said. This is the first book I have read in over 10 years that wasn't a comic. I read this book in the span of 3 days and just couldn't put it down. The book runs the gambit of emotions and makes you feel like you are really there. I have been a listener for over 4 years now and when I heard this book was coming out I pre-ordered the first day I could. I wish I had held out and went to diesel books and bought the auto-graphed copy though but nonetheless this book is well worth the money. It really shows another side to the man we all listen to on the radio. His book is not only edge of your seat good but inspirational. The man has came from so little to accomplish so much. Jason Ellis is the NOW and FUTURE of radio.
review image
on May 22, 2012
Honest. That is the best way to describe not only this book but Jason Ellis. In the age where "everyone gets a trophy" Jason Ellis stands out because he is honest. He is honest to himself, and that honesty carries over to his radio show, and his book. Because he is willing to admit that he screws up, he can tell others when they are screwing up and not come off like a hypocrite. Ellis is just like you and me, he gets happy, sad, scared, upset, confused, lazy, and he talks about such a wide range of emotions that his fans can actually relate. And that is how he sucks you into his world, because we all share those different emotions. I find my self actually caring about this flawed individual and keep wanting to find out more so the pages turn easily in this book.

Jason walks you through his dysfunctional life from an early age, and how it shaped him. Like most I learned of Ellis from his radio show and have worked backward to hear about his skateboarding fame. It was nice to go back and see how the events of his life shaped the man man he has become today, especially filling in all the blanks of how good he really was at skating. There are some wild stories in the early part of the book, but it takes a really depressing turn in the middle. Listening to Ellis lament the time he wasted on drugs and alcohol got a bit heavier, especially once the topic of his brother and father dying were discussed. The book goes a bit deeper than just the funny skateboarder with an accent stuff, which made it a bit better than I expected.

If you have ever heard the radio show this book will not disappoint.
on October 13, 2015
I don't know how I ended up with this book - I'm not in to skate boarding or MMA, and I don't recall knowing who Jason was before reading. This was an interesting read with some dark times and a happy ending. I plan to check out more about Jason after reading this book.
on April 18, 2012
This book is a must for everyone that listens to Jason Ellis on Sirius XM. In fact, anyone that is interested in MMA, skateboarding, or any of the other so-called "action sports" should take a serious look at this book as well.

But this book is much more than just a story for Ellis and Action Sports fans. It's a book for anyone that enjoys reading a genuinely interesting story about someone that is truly living their life (as opposed to just floating along) and honest about their experiences. Jason's story gives a glimpse into what drives some men and women to excel. And it shows how failure and adversity are a part of the process. With Mike Tully's help, Jason Ellis tells the story of his life's journey in a fascinating, funny, and often moving book. Thanks guys for keeping me entertained and inspired.
on July 1, 2015
I listened to Jason Ellis a lot two summers ago, while using a friend's car that had satelite radio on a daily basis. Although not nearly as interesting as Howard Stern, there's something that kept me coming back to the Ellis Show. I can't quite put my finger on it.

The show prompted me to read the book and I'm glad I did. It's a good, fast read and I'm glad I picked it up.
on June 10, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was a great story about a kid raised in Australia wanting to get to the US to realize his dream, and everything and everyone that tried to get in the way of his success...including himself.
on April 19, 2012
If you're a fan of Ellis it's great, and everything we have expected from him. If you don't know Ellis or the Ellisfam yet I highly suggest reading this, and assure you that you won't be disappointed. Well done Ellis and Tully, thanks for all of the inspiration and laughs.