Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Voyage Cyber Monday Sweepstakes in Prime Music Shop Now Tikes

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-23 of 23 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 28, 2012 5:42:43 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 28, 2012 6:09:53 AM PDT
...waiting for a price drop

The game is currently $59.96, and even I want to play this badly I don't feel like playing that much

Is almost $60 unreasonable for everybody or I'm just cheap?

Posted on May 18, 2012 11:07:50 AM PDT
TheNilvarg says:
You're cheap.

Posted on May 27, 2012 3:40:11 PM PDT
Anthony says:
^ lol no

No video game is worth $60. It's never worth it to buy them at full price.

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012 5:22:53 PM PDT
TheNilvarg says:
You have no idea how much time and resources go into developing a game like this. You're cheap too. You think people should work for bread crumbs? Fine, come cut my lawn. I've got a bag of dog crap you can have.

Posted on Jun 2, 2012 5:26:49 PM PDT
Lily says:
That's a bit harsh but reality is reality after all.

Anyhoo, I believe that whether or not the game is worth $60 depends on the person. Myself? I'll wait but for some other games I remember going out to buy them on release day despite the fact that it did cost $60, hell I usually spend more for the collectors items. People spend a hell of a lot of time (ahem The Last Guardian for instance) developing a good game so I for one do believe that most the games I buy are worth $60 to me.

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 11:30:47 AM PDT
Andrew Ross says:
1 movie ticket = roughly 12 dollars
12 dollars for about 2 hours of entertainment

using this same ratio, for a video game to be worth 60 dollars, it should provide you with about 10 hours of entertainment

seeing as how many games go WAY above that, i dont see the price point as unreasonable. my friends and i put about 300 hours worth of super smash bros in in college and at 50 dollars for that game, it comes out to about 17 cents an hour.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 6, 2012 11:53:56 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 6, 2012 1:27:33 PM PDT
I think you misunderstand the way thinks work, its not your fault being ignorant, its your parents :)

The people that work developing games get paid in a monthly basis for their work, is not like they are waiting for me to buy this game to eat something different than bread crumbs like you believe

Back to topic, please don't make the same mistake your parents did with you if you ever have kids, don't teach them to treat people that way only because they don't have as much money as you do nor advise them to suggest somebody to eat dog crap, because that shows a low level of education

TheNilvarg : You sound like a thug guy, I really hope I didn't embarrass you in front of your friends more that what you did yourself, take care and change that attitude, or somebody will change it for you one of these days :)

Posted on Jun 7, 2012 6:35:27 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 7, 2012 6:43:24 AM PDT
I'm a huge South Park and RPG fan so I had this preordered the day it appeared on Amazon.
Whether a game is worth 60 dollars or not, though, is entirely the purchasers decision.
It's rare I buy non-open world games for 60 bucks because a 6-8 hour campaign is not worth it to me and I don't feel like going online and being told how much I suck as a person for not spending way to much time playing that games multiplayer. (I don't care about the movie-game entertainment time ratio people like to argue with. I compare games to games and sometimes I believe the original Super Mario Brothers had more playtime than alot of games now. Def. had more replayability. People also seem to think when a person buys a movie, they stick it on a shelf and never watch it again. I've gotten alot more entertainment time out of my Scarface and Watchman disc than ANY 8 hour video game.)
The point is, if you think it's worth 60 dollars, pay it. If not, don't.
And if you get offended to the point to start bashing a person for the choice on the matter, you truly are a sad person.

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 7:23:05 PM PDT
Mike says:
If brains were lard, C. V. Espinoza couldn't grease a pan.

Something is worth exactly what someone else will pay for it.

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 7:18:22 AM PDT
Cudds says:
I'd like to think 60 is too much for this game. I purchased Costume Quest and DLC for near 15 or 20 bucks and provided plenty of hours turn-based RPG / sarcastic goodness.

I usually buy my games day one, but I don't think I will for this one.

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 11:12:26 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 11:18:48 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 14, 2013 8:32:45 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 11:25:11 AM PDT
You get it Mike,
Congratulations on your ability to be on the internet and have common sense.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 6:46:23 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 16, 2012 6:56:03 AM PDT
It may be helpful for people to check the date when this comments are posted (I personally rarely do it, so I assume this may be the case)

The original post was created back on Apr 28, 2012, before E3, at that point this game was rumored to be DLC, my complain about the price was related to that

After the E3 presentation, my opinion changed.

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 1:45:59 PM PDT
Remember the 1980's and early 90's? Brand new Nintendo games would be $50 then. All discussion about contemporary technology aside, electronics, video games included, are one of the only industries not dramatically affected by 30 years of inflation. It is amazing that I can continue to pay less than $100 for games that entail multitudes of hours of more enjoyable, in-depth entertainment. When you look at the list of credits at the end of almost any game, think about helping paychecks for those folks to continue to work on new games. Moreover, multiply this low cost with the fact that so many people are pirating and illegally sharing games.

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 11:50:39 AM PDT
This game looks brilliant.....just saying

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2012 6:44:40 AM PDT
snowcrave says:
but world of warcraft costs A LOT more than $60

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 12:56:31 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 1:23:07 PM PST
MnlgtRmblr says:
$3000 would be 50 full priced games in one year, pretty sure most don't spend that much.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 16, 2013 9:25:15 AM PDT
P. Taegel says:
"Something is worth exactly what someone else will pay for it."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2013 10:06:12 AM PDT
Dead_catz says:
4$ movie ticket and movies are a complete waste of money

Posted on Feb 18, 2014 11:52:48 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 18, 2014 11:53:51 PM PST
I preordered this game at Gamestop and I can't wait to play it and yes I spent the extra money for the Collector's Edition because even though I haven't watched the show lately I am still a fan and been waiting for this game for well over a year. And I just realized I posted this in the PS3 area my apologies because I own 360 but I won't remove this.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2014 5:14:40 PM PDT
When I'm wrong, I'm wrong.
This game was def. not worth 60 bucks.
PSN RPGs have better game play and length.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  17
Total posts:  23
Initial post:  Apr 28, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 3, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about