Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 19, 2013 4:06:37 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 19, 2013 4:07:28 PM PDT
Lucas Stone says:
They say the unrated extended cut is available with the 3D package only. So why does the standard Blu-Ray say "Includes 2 versions: Theatrical and Unrated Extended Cut" on the cover?

Posted on Oct 20, 2013 3:44:08 PM PDT
Josh S. says:
THANK YOU for pointing that out! I was under the impression that the unrated cut was only with the 3D version, but now that I see that, I guess you get it either way? Oh well, I'm not complaining about that! Glad we won't be forced into buying the 3D version for those of us that do not care about 3D at all.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2013 9:58:47 AM PST
Andrew Davis says:
I have to second the "thank you for pointing that out" sentiment. I know that the extra five or so dollars for the 3D version isn't a big deal, but I didn't want to buy it because I have no way to actually watch a 3D movie (didn't want to pay for something I can't even use, basically).

Now all I want to know is which version is included with the UltraViolet copy of the film. Fingers are crossed that that copy is also the extended version.

Posted on Nov 9, 2013 9:37:30 PM PST
Lucas Stone says:
Yeah. I'm glad I could bring some of your hopes up, guys, but everyone seems so sure it's the other way around. Come December 3rd, we'll know for sure.

Posted on Nov 17, 2013 8:59:27 PM PST
Ray 1967 says:
I was confused about that as well, unless originally they were going to include it in the regular blu ray which is the cover box sent out, and Fox changed their minds after the fact and decided to just put it in the 4 pack 3D version only,and no updated box cover was sent out yet for the regular blu ray version.

Posted on Nov 20, 2013 10:23:17 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 20, 2013 10:23:31 AM PST]

Posted on Nov 20, 2013 10:23:50 AM PST
What's interesting though is that Best Buy, Target and Wal-mart don't list the Extended edition as being included in any of the descriptions for the Blu-ray/DVD + Digital combos. And unlike Amazon, it doesn't appear at the bottom of the cover art. So, I'm still confused. I may just suck it up and pay an extra $5 for the 3D version.

Posted on Nov 24, 2013 4:50:28 PM PST
Just wait until it's released and read the reviews on here before you buy! That way you will know for sure!

Posted on Nov 29, 2013 9:03:25 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2013 10:20:33 AM PST
WeaponX says:
Here's the deal, you must buy the Blu-Ray 3D Package to get the Uncut Version BUT that Version is not in 3D! Basically you are getting three versions of the movie: "Theatrical", "3D Theatrical" and "Unleashed / Uncut".

The only other way to get the Uncut Version is Digital Download!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Oct 19, 2013
Latest post:  Nov 29, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about