Customer Discussions > Dead Island - Xbox 360 forum

I'm on the fence about this game

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 9, 2012 9:52:40 AM PST
El Coti says:
I love what this game is about, and I really want to get it but I keep reading that the glitches are unbearable. I hate glitches and I know that all games have a few but I can manage that. I even bought a 360 to play Fallout 3 (which I've played through before with no problems) because I heard of the horror stories on PS3. So question for all you who own this game: Are the glitches really that bad that it just wants to make you slam your head in a wall? Does it really affect the gaming experience?

Thanks gals and guys

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 9:32:42 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 13, 2012 9:33:37 AM PDT
Nadine says:
I only got to level 9 on the Xbox because I rented this game when it came out. . I had no glitches at all.
The odd thing with glitches is that they seem random on certain Xbox consoles? It's hit and miss.
With Assassins Creed Revelations, I only had 1 armor glitch while other people had alot more & they didn't seem to have the one I had.
I just played Fallout3 on my PC last month and it was glitch haven lol. I forgot how many bugs that game had. :)
Anyways, it looks like it's down to $30 which is well worth it imo. I'll be buying Dead Island soon myself. My only issue with it was that I play single player and I was starting to hit hordes of them and having a harder time not dying - and the respawning was nasty but it's still fun & scary.

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 4:52:12 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 13, 2012 4:53:00 PM PDT
I just spent a month with this game and I don't think I really ran into any bugs or glitches. I don't doubt that they're there at all, because that'd be naive, but I didn't see them.

One thing that minorly frustrated me was when a respawn happened to happen on top of me, but I wouldn't call it a glitch as much as I would a bad timer. It happened in a few times and I'm positive it wasn't a thing that was supposed to happen. with some of the harder types of enemies, and it was a bit tense, but you'll ether make it through or you'll die and need to either restart from your save, or eat the money-based death penalty.

The only thing I'll warn you about.. Seriously, dead-set warn you about.. is the games saving system. The game performs auto-saves and these can be forced by taking and handing in quests, but not really any other way. So the saving may come frequently, or it might not happen for a hour. Its VERY annoying hoping for a save cycle to pop when your just wanting to be done playing for the night. I know someone will add that you can force it by quitting the game completely (hitting start, then hitting Y to go to the main menus) but I had at least 1 ridiculously stupid instance where I lost a big chunk of my progress because I assumed this, only to come back the next night without a few levels. Maybe that was a bug itself, but its hard to say.. All I know is I hated the hands-off approach to dealing with saves.

Guess I should also warn you that the extra challenges in the game (like Kill 200 zombies) that net you tons of XP can only be done once on your account, and don't reset when you start a new character (unless --I think-- you delete/remove your save data completely). So if you happen not to like your first character and wanted to change out to another (like I did), your probably going to miss out on a lot of XP that could help you out if you finished a few challenges on that first one.

Overall, its a very fun game, it shouldn't be avoided if you like Zombie games. Theres quite a bit of terror/dread to be had here. But if your really on the fence now, and don't like what I've said, theres a chance you may want to wait till it goes down in price just a tiny bit more, just so you don't feel overwhelmed or robbed.

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 5:27:42 PM PDT
El Coti says:
Thanks Boom. Yea I'm gonna wait. I'll just play fallout 3 and borderlands for now
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Mar 9, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 13, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dead Island - Xbox 360
Dead Island - Xbox 360 by Deep Silver (Xbox 360)
3.7 out of 5 stars   (440)