I'm having trouble with the contrast setup

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 27, 2012 9:17:05 AM PDT
Linda Spires says:
If anyone could help me? I have tried a lot of Calibration disks, But this is the first one that I have had trouble with setting contrast. In the booklet it mentions that if you cannot get the White stripes on the right side you may have white clipping and that your tv may be not operating correctly. Well that is happing for me. No matter what I do I cannot get the grey/white stripes on the right side. I never have had this problem with other disks. I am calibrating through a ps3, my RGB is on Full and my super white is on. I have a Sharp Aquos 46 inch LCD. Am I doing something wrong? Everything else is working fine, but without the contrast being set correctly I am not receiving the proper calibration. Also their is not an option for calibrating backlighting or am I missing something. Can that effect the contrast and brightness calibration? Right now this set up is for Day settings with Some light coming from the Bay window on the left side of my television, later in the day the room gets a little brighter. If anyone can suggest some helpful tips that would be great.

Posted on Apr 8, 2014 11:13:39 AM PDT
Ben Kelley says:
This is a long time after your post, but did you figure it out? Try turning the backlight to 3 to start out with (out o 10) then turn contrast all the way down. Start turning it up until you see just the first bar on the right set of bars. Does that help?

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 10:03:06 AM PDT
R. Casey says:
RGB needs to be on Limited...it will not calibrate properly otherwise.

http://www.cnet.com/news/ps3-blu-ray-settings-ask-the-editors/
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Jun 27, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 29, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Disney WOW: World of Wonder [Blu-ray]
Disney WOW: World of Wonder [Blu-ray] by n/a (Blu-ray - 2010)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (849)