Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 (Win/Mac) [OLD VERSION]
Used & New from: $175.00
I'm scanning old photos I'm scanning in old photos family--as old as 100 years old. I need to be able to put them to DVD's, so that my non-computer using relatives can view the photos.

Will Photoshop Elements 9 do this and everything else?????
asked by Amazon Customer on November 29, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
vote
Elements 9 should be able to do anything you want in terms of scanning and improving photos, unless there is a glitch in reading or accepting the scanner's driver.... which may happen if the driver for the scanner is old. When it is all working correctly, the scanner's name will show up in the import option of the left-most pull down in Elements. When you choose it and the scanner is on, you should get an interface to do the scan and the file turns up directly in the Elements editor when it is done. If there IS a compatibility issue, scans can be made with a number of accessories and freewares.... including my favorite.... Irfanview. Those files can be saved in a JPEG or TIFF format and then easily opened up for editing in Elements.
Lance Kozlowski answered on June 6, 2011

A
votes
I did the same thing with Photoshop 5 (which I'm replacing with 9). I found that if I scanned in sepia instead of B
A customer answered on November 29, 2010

A
votes
I am scanning old photos also, and that is why I am thinking about buying Photo Shop Elements 9.

From what I read, there is a real issue getting OS 10.6 to work with my scanner's TWAIN interface. I have an Epson Artisan 835 and it is has real issues with the iMac (the user manual says Epson's own scanner software won't work p. 32. Does anyone know it there is an EASY plug-and-play way to get photos from a SCANNER (not a camera) into a photo editing program and repair them? I am just a home user who has hundreds of old photos that have been left to me to "save" and if I can't get it to work, no one else will ever spend the time to do it. From The Missing Manual book, it says to move all sorts of things around in the Applications folder. I am not savy enough to know what I am doing to do that. I have used other photo editors (all Windows) and I hoped this would be a no-brainer. In simple terms, after I install PSE9, wiil there be an option to select the scanner and have it come into the program automatically?
A Sinking Spring-er answered on April 26, 2011

A
votes
I used to have problems with my Epson scanner and my Imac being able to work together. I asked an Apple technician for help and he recommended a program called VueScan. It works perfectly and makes scanning really easy.

Just google VueScan to check it out.
Slip Jig answered on May 2, 2011

A
votes
I checked Epson's website and noticed some recent updates for the Epson Artisan 835 (and other Epson products). Perhaps they've recently fixed the issue you mentioned?

You can use Apple's Preview (application) to scan the photos (File->Import from Scanner). From there, you can open the file with your preferred photo editing software if you need to touch up the image.

I don't own PSE9 but really want to get it to touch up some old photos. It's gotten a lot of good reviews. I need to save up some money first. Good luck digitizing those precious memories!!
John Smith answered on May 10, 2011
‹ Previous   1   Next ›