Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-23 of 23 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 3, 2009 2:27:25 PM PST
Leigh Klesel says:
I loved Shiver! I can't wait to find out what happens with Sam and Grace!

Posted on Dec 4, 2009 10:01:56 AM PST
T. Arnold says:
I have an ARC of this book and started it this morning--I'm currently on Chapter 10. On the one hand, I'm not loving it as much as I loved Shiver, but on the other hand, I don't think I fell in love with Shiver right away, either. And on the third hand (third hand?) I cannot IMAGINE finishing Shiver and not having Linger to read immediately after; I quite literally closed Shiver and opened Linger. I don't want to ruin anything for anyone, so I won't give anything away, aside from this, which is possibly quite well known already--while Shiver was written from two different points of view, in Linger that is doubled (at least so far--for all I know, there could be more later on in the book).

Posted on Dec 12, 2009 11:14:24 PM PST
I'm looking forward to Linger as well--I couldn't put down Shiver, but its SOOO far away! :(

Posted on Jan 8, 2010 11:52:53 PM PST
choisclis says:
I am sooooo happy about this...i had no idea there was going to be a sequel...i LOVED Shiver and I know this one is not going to dissapoint

Posted on Jan 20, 2010 10:37:52 AM PST
I have finished LINGER and loved it. Although I agree with T. Arnold that this one takes a bit " to get into" but in the end well worth the read. Loved the twist at the end. Now the long wait for the final book FOREVER. (I'm a school librarian and have heard about this series - that is how I know plus MS went to the same undergrad college.)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2010 10:41:34 AM PST
T. Arnold says:
I've long since finished Linger too, and I REALLY liked it. I currently have a waiting list for it at school (I'm a teacher, and am lending out my ARC to select kids. They are even more excited about it than I was!!! Though, to be fair, I was excited about being able to share it with them--before it even came out. What a great way to get kids to be excited about reading--give them a book that is 'special' in some way. ARCs fly off of my shelves!) ok, sorry, that was a bit rambly...but yes--LOVED Linger. Cannot wait for Forever (wow--that's punny!)

Posted on Jun 19, 2010 3:16:11 PM PDT
maria joia says:
OMIGOSH!!! There's the Look Inside feature for Linger!!!!
I've waited for this for like...FOREVER! :o

so excited for the release...I could hardly wait!

Posted on Jul 11, 2010 9:54:09 AM PDT
Leah says:
"Linger" was a definite step up. It's going to be interesting to see what happens in the final book.

Posted on Jul 11, 2010 10:35:20 PM PDT
Well I thought I was cool because Barnes&Noble screwed up or something and I got it in the mail last Wednesday, even though it does not come out until July 20th, but apparently people read it back in Dec/Jan. ? are you book reviewer people as a profession? that baffles me.

Anyways, I finished it and it was pretty good. I liked Shiver better, but this was still intriguing. It had two additional points of views, from Isabel and a new wolf, Cole. there is a little love interest there. Grace and Sam have serious drama with Grace's parents which made me want to be there to yell at her irrational parents. And I am pretty sure there is going to be another book by the way it ended.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2010 4:18:41 AM PDT
T. Arnold says:
To answer your first question, some people do get books before they come out because they are 'professional book reviewers'; I had mine because I'm a teacher, and I got it at a teacher convention. Quite nerdy--so don't worry, you are cool!

And yes, there had better be a third book!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2010 8:44:33 AM PDT
There is a third book, called FOREVER, that will conclude the trilogy when it is released next summer. Per the author's blog, she is working to finish up edits on it right now!

Posted on Jul 12, 2010 10:47:10 AM PDT
I've heard that the release date has changed from July 20th to July 13th, but when will Amazon be shipping it? Borders and B&N have the 13th on their websites and I've heard this news directly from Maggie Stiefvater's blog. I really hope Amazon doesn't make us wait until the 20th!

Posted on Jul 12, 2010 2:43:48 PM PDT
Cayla -- I saw the same thing about the release date on Stiefvater's blog and the changes on the other retailers' websites. I even bought my own copy at a Borders store last Friday. It seems like a poor move on Amazon's part not to bump up the release date too. Each time I check back on here, the sales rank of LINGER slips a little bit lower. I wonder if that's customers canceling their Amazon pre-orders b/c they were able to get the book somewhere else sooner.

Posted on Jul 12, 2010 3:12:32 PM PDT
Jenna says:
Yep, I went to Borders today and they already had it on the shelf, so I canceled my pre-order here. I paid $3 more, but at least I don't have to wait until next week.

Posted on Jul 12, 2010 3:34:50 PM PDT
J.Bedingfield - Lucky you that you only had to pay three bucks more! I had to pay full price at my Borders last Friday night, but it was worth it to have it sooner. :)

Posted on Jul 12, 2010 3:45:37 PM PDT
Jenna says:
Neutron Lurver - there was a 33% off Borders Rewards coupon that lasted until today, so I used that. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2010 4:07:39 PM PDT
If only I had had that coupon! I usually buy through my local indie bookstore, but the want to get my hands on this book superceded that, so I didn't even think about things like coupons. Silly me. :)

Posted on Jul 16, 2010 10:45:54 AM PDT
TrishNYC says:
I had my book on pre order and I just got a message from Amazon that it was shipped out today and I should be getting it tomorrow. Whoa, did not realize that it has been available since the 13th, here I was thinking I was lucky and I was getting my book early :)

Posted on Jul 16, 2010 11:38:18 AM PDT
I was glad I wasnt getting it on the 13th just b/c I didnt really have the cash til yesterday ><

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2010 8:13:37 AM PDT
maria joia says:
Hi! Can anyone tell me the ink color this book is printed? I'm hoping it's printed in green since the first book was in blue....

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2010 2:37:29 PM PDT
@maryjoy - Yes, the ink is a lovely deep green color to match the cover. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2010 3:48:56 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 19, 2010 4:25:57 PM PDT
maria joia says:
Thank you, Neutron Lurver. Now I have to go check the bookstore for this.

Posted on Jul 21, 2010 12:14:54 PM PDT
There is tinted blue ink for Shiver, too! It's so cool! For Linger, it is more noticible because of the green though.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  23
Initial post:  Dec 3, 2009
Latest post:  Jul 21, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Linger (Wolves of Mercy Falls, Book 2)
Linger (Wolves of Mercy Falls, Book 2) by Maggie Stiefvater (Hardcover - July 1, 2010)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (406)