Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 35 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 13, 2006 1:07:13 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 2, 2013 12:54:10 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2006 1:41:37 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 13, 2006 1:42:23 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2006 7:17:47 AM PDT
S. Grover says:
It might be best for everyone if you vomited yourself to death. Or even better... If you don't like Barry Manilow, listen to something else.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2006 3:47:57 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 14, 2006 3:59:09 PM PDT
Everyone is intitled to their own opinion !! but please,if your not a fan please do some research in too this guy before you make such harsh comments,after all,you don`t get awarded an Emmy every day for nothing. Having been a fan for 26 years,and let me tell you!! I`m not a middle aged housewife,like most fans have an image of, I`m 38 with a broad taste of music !!! And Barry excites me the most,he is a pure musical genius!!,who has stood the test of time !! with an army of fans worldwide behind him !! Bet this cd hits no-1,then what more proof do you need,to know that we are not SICK of him,unlike you !!!!!

Signed a devoted Fanilow

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2006 2:37:48 PM PDT
Matt Becker says:
I agree with the fanilow above. I am definately not your average fan - I am a 16 year old male. Manilow's music is the best easy listening material ever produced, I hope he continues to produce many more albums and I wish him well.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2006 1:27:12 PM PDT
Book Lover says:
Please take some medicine - you obviously have the flu. When you recover, I recommend you turn off the lights, turn up the volume, and listen to Mr. Manilow's "One Voice" over and over until you get it! Don't give up - happier days are ahead.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2006 1:48:15 PM PDT
Terry Moore says:
If you do not like him, why do you play his music? I can not believe that someone would abuse themself like this. But if you enjoy vomiting so much may I sugest bolimia or your hand down your throat, I would say your finger,but its obvious your mouth is way to big forit.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2006 3:34:48 PM PDT
banana vote says:
I think you have a serious mental problem.......if you do not like Barry Manilow, you do not need to crack your skull, just your brain!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2006 4:51:15 AM PDT
Barry Manilow does nothing for me....I don't care for him but I don't deny his talent.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2006 6:45:47 AM PDT
They're all right. Quit listening. I'm sure Barry Manilow can get along just fine without you.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2006 10:24:26 AM PDT
You clearly have too much time on your hands. Please feel free to bang your head against the wall - there won't be much to clean up.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2006 11:44:26 AM PDT
Todd, your a very wise young man !! and may I say what great taste you have in music :O) .

Take care, signed Devoted Fanilow

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2006 12:59:16 PM PDT
debehoo says:
I want to throw up on you! Obviously you can't say you have great taste in music! Thousands of Manilow fans can't be wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you have won an Emmy I can you have earned the right to "bash" someone. Until then kindly keep your rude comments to yourself!

I guess you haven't read the guidelines lately...let me remind you of what it says:

"Profane or obscene, inciting, or spiteful comments"

This is suppose to be "helpful" to people that want to purchase the product.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2006 2:55:19 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 9, 2010 4:32:35 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2006 8:09:43 PM PDT
Obviously you should hit your head against the wall. If you don't like the music, don't listen. Da.....What's up Doc?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2006 10:23:02 PM PDT
P. H. Rhyme says:
1st off, if you read Barry's autobiography you would know that at first, he was unwilling to record many of the songs he is famous for today because he only wanted to use his own material. He didn't want to sing songs that other people wrote. Then Clive Davis convinced him to record "Mandy." My heart melts every time I hear the opening chords of that song.
2nd: How would you define substance? You might not think schmaltz is substance, but what's music, like any other form of poetry, if it doesn't touch the heart?
Barry touches the heart. Many of us go through life disconnected because of our emotions, but then Barry gives us that connection with his songs. We all long for something, and Barry captures that either in "Mandy" or "Weekend in New England" or countless other lyrics. We all feel alone at some point, and he makes us see that that isn't true when he sings "All the Time," for instance. When I first heard him sing "Just Remember I Love You" on the Summer of '78 CD I had to fight back tears because it was like he was singing about how I felt.
Listening to Barry's music is like getting lost in a magical world, whether lost in the lyric, or the instrumentals. But it's not just the lyric or how the sheet music is played. It's his passion. When I watch any number of his performances I see that passion, in how he sings, the expression on his face, as if he feels that longing when he sings "Mandy"; feels the sadness and regret of "Even Now". He sings his songs as if he means it. He has devoted his life to his passion for music, and I think that's well reflected.
And if that's not enough, the numerous awards he has won, not to mention the longevity of his career (that he is not just some passing fad...that while he has had times of great popularity, such as now, but has withstood the times when critics weren't so kind, and did not fade away when he was not producing platinum albums) backs that up. More importantly, his seemingly endless supply of Fanilows should be proof enough. He has young fans, old fans, inbetween fans, and most definitely generations of fans to come. Rolling Stone Magazine called him the "Showman of the Generation", and that is every generation.
If you don't like it, cover your ears, change the channel on your radio or television, exile yourself from any contact with Fanilows, because you will not win; we will outnumber you. Heck, even non-Fanilows eventually admit to liking at least one song. However, Barry did write, "my songs are like anchovies. Some people love them--some people get nauseous." Apparently you are an example of the latter. Sticking with the anchovies analogy, I'll go further and say music is the pizza of life. Next time you order a slice, why don't you stick with cheese?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2006 12:03:53 AM PDT
Rose Perry says:
Duh! you change the cannel, change the station, change the cd, but why listen to samples if you feel like this? I detect self loathing and self harm. See a therapist - or if all else fails the "off" button works just fine.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2006 4:05:39 AM PDT
if you you hate him so much why did you listen to it?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2006 3:17:27 PM PDT
Arun George says:
Didn't you posted the same "I Hate" message to Josh Groban forum?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/discussionboard/discussion.html/ref=cm_cd_dp_tft_tp/104-3951406-0655953?ie=UTF8&cdForum=Fx38RMU1Y5TDP9&asin=B000I5X81K&cdThread=Tx2PZISRU54E6OH

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2006 7:04:19 AM PDT
So go ahead and start banging your head, we wont care.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2006 9:41:30 AM PDT
music lover says:
You posted the same negative gross message against the new Josh Groban album. I think you just like the reaction you get.....there are some strange people in this world.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2006 11:27:06 PM PDT
get a life cow

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2006 3:16:11 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 22, 2006 3:57:39 AM PDT
Kathy W says:
I'm sorry for you, that you don't like Barry's music. Obviously, you are entitled to your opinion. As a former professional musician, and a MIDDLE AGED PERSON, I LOVE his music. I have done a bit of research on him, have many albums and DVDs, and have seen his live performance. Barry has at least 200 arrangements out there, probably more. His projects span a wide range of diverse musical variety and he is probably the nicest guy in the whole world. He is a mega star and mega talent who still cares about the little guy. He gives tons of time and money to charities. He also cares about people. He tries to spread a little love and good feelings in his music==he does "feel good" music most of the time. And he tries to do his part to make the world a little better place.

I do NOT wish evil on you, nor do I believe that Barry would. Instead, I hope that you will someday learn to appreciate the peace within his music and to understand the love that he has of music and of his fans. May God bless you and ease your unrest.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2006 5:12:52 PM PDT
A. sette says:
what you need to do is stop listening to great talent and see and doctor please

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2006 7:40:29 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 22, 2006 7:55:56 AM PDT
You've been listening to samples on Amazon, huh? Funny, but correct me if I'm wrong, Amazon has yet to post the sample clips for this album. And for someone who hates Barry so much, you've now spent an awful lot of time searching for him to find this album and then to post about it. How did he ever get a recording contract? I don't know, maybe it had something to do with the fact that he was obviously good enough to get into Julliard, wrote full-length Broadway scores when he was in his early 20's, and produced and arranged the album that launched Bette Midler's career. I know, I know, you accomplished so much more at that age, but come on, that's still pretty amazing, right? Seriously, what were you doing in YOUR early 20's? Heating up your Hungry Man macaroni & cheese and watching the Jetsons? Oh, that's right, you were doing that five minutes ago.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  26
Total posts:  35
Initial post:  Oct 13, 2006
Latest post:  Feb 5, 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Greatest Songs of the Sixties
The Greatest Songs of the Sixties by Barry Manilow (Audio CD - 2006)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (103)