Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Disturbed $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Gear Up for Football Baby Sale
Customer Discussions > Bridge to Terabithia forum

I'm the first?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 7, 2006 10:45:57 PM PDT
L. Rader says:
I can't believe I'm the first to start a discussion on this wonderful book! The writing is some of the best I've ever read in any book, and the characters are totally believable! By the way, CYT will be presenting it as a musical this May 2006 in Escondido, California, if any one is interested!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2006 9:46:02 PM PDT
ACS says:
I promptly cried for a half-hour straight after I'd read "Bridge to Terabithia" for the first time (now three years ago). It was SO incredibly good! Here's from my journal that day (Come to think of it, I think I'll put it in a review too...)

"It was such a powerful story that any words I tried to use to describe it would fall so far short it wouldn't be worth the ink...if anyone reads these words and has not read "Terabithia," You Should. And then just sit. You can cry if you want, or not, but just sit and think for a while...about Terabithia and what Jess is going to live for now. About being king or queen of Terabithia and defending the realm--defending the weak and protecting even the predators. Caring for the helpless and standing together for what is right. And most of all, never forgetting anything you learn that is worthwhile. Use it to be a blessing to others--that's why it was worth learning in the first place."

I can't believe it's taken so long to start a discussion here, either, but I guess there are plenty of reviews to make up for it! Shucks, Escondido is a little too far for me...I guess I'll just have to read the book again!

Specifically, I loved the way Paterson showed the effect of stories like C.S. Lewis's Narnia Chronicles in the lives of 'real' kids. It was so true and so powerful.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2011 7:54:39 PM PST
Paul Nunes says:
I just saw the play and had not read the book. I promptly read it this weekend and found it to be a beuatiful and very believeable story.

Posted on Apr 26, 2011 7:12:20 AM PDT
M. Heiss says:
What can amazon do about removing or hiding the reviews written by kids? It is aggravating to go looking for perspectives on a book and read 40 versions of "this book was lame and the dad was mean to the kid. Dads shouldn't be mean. Peace out."

Once a year, all reviews posted by "a kid's review" or "a customer" should be purged on principle.

Posted on Jul 25, 2011 11:55:58 AM PDT
L. Boyles says:
My daughter has been after me for years to either watch the movie or read the book and now I'm thinking it's time to give it a try.

Posted on Jun 24, 2013 1:40:17 PM PDT
After reading the book a few years ago and then coming across the movie a few days ago. It made me cry as I can totally relate to this as I had a friend who past away as we were around 12 and we always made these crazy adventures. Just to get away from stress of school etc. we were two peas in a pod we never did anything without each other. As one day I decided to let her go on a trip without me and all this time I felt really sick as if something terribly wrong was going to happen but I still let her go. She died in an accident though every told me that it was not my falt I still feel I should have stop her. I really wished I did. This book and movie touch me so deeply hope it did to you to. I am fifteen now and when ever I see the movie or book I still cry.

Thanks for reading
Yours truly
Shivanand gobin
15years
Rest in peace Leslie(book) and Isabella

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2013 6:59:43 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 13, 2013 7:02:46 PM PDT
M. Heiss : Dont read the posts then. The children have a voice just like you. I suggest that you put your own big boy/girl pants on and let others have their opinions.... Even if the "others" are younger and have less life experience than you.... Although I do wonder how possible that is.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2013 10:10:09 PM PDT
M. Heiss says:
peace out.

Posted on Jul 16, 2014 8:24:46 AM PDT
Peggy Scally says:
I saw the movie last night and was so moved by it I went right to my iPad and ordered it from Amazon. It is a beautiful story which children need today instead of people blowing up and killings. I will send the movie to my great grand children, along with Pippi Longstocking. Pscally.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Apr 7, 2006
Latest post:  Jul 16, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Bridge to Terabithia
Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson (Mass Market Paperback - July 1, 2008)
4.4 out of 5 stars (1,411)