4.0 out of 5 stars Great package for the price!
Having "cut my teeth" on the Mercedes of ellipticals, the Precor FX series, I was hesitant to look at other models. But while recovering from a hockey injury, an elliptical workout was prescribed and I wasn't too keen on driving 30 minutes each way for my daily workout. Hence, the quest for my own equpiment began. Here's a quick laundry list of pro's & con's for the Image...
Published on April 14, 2007 by Robert Petz

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent Entry Level Elliptical Machine, A Few Flaws
I'd give this three and a half stars if it were available.

I bought this thing because the demo model looked pretty sturdy. I've had it now for a couple of weeks. On the positive side of things, the components were extremely well packaged. Bits of supporting cardboard had been added here and there to support the pieces. Assembly was straightforward and took...
Published on April 17, 2007 by Mark Lee

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money. Buyer Beware!!!!, November 20, 2008
This review is from: Image 8.25 Elliptical Trainer (Sports)
I put this machine together and the thing will not record the amount of steps you take or time or run the programs it has. I called customer service which is near impossible to reach and there solution. They tell me to take apart the main component and adjust a switch. The adjustment does not fix the problem. Customer service with image is a joke.

Now it is past 90 days and they will not replace or repair this piece of junk, even thought they never fixed the problem that was reported to them days after it was bought.

I would not recommend this product or any product from Image to my worst enemy, since it did not work out of the box. Buy from a reputable company that is going to stand behind their product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Decent..., January 22, 2008
This review is from: Image 8.25 Elliptical Trainer (Sports)
The elliptical worked fine for the first two weeks. I was worried about the joints being bushings rather than bearings. It was fairly wobbly. At 2 weeks, the frame cracked at the base, and of course the machine was unusable at that point. I'm 155 pounds. I did get a 3 yr warranty. I'm taking the machine back and getting my money back from Walmart. I guess if you want something that will last, you probably have to dish out $600 or so. Keep reading the reviews!

2.0 out of 5 stars frame broke, January 26, 2009
This review is from: Image 8.25 Elliptical Trainer (Sports)
welds around the frame broke after a couple months of use. Its right where the bottom and top tubes meet. I am about 200 pounds. Time to trash. I guess this has happened to others by reading otheer reviews.

Other problems. squeeky and the handles slide down no matter how much you tighten the bolts.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad handles, foot position, December 6, 2013
This review is from: Image 8.25 Elliptical Trainer (Sports)
Not a terrible machine but it has a couple major faults.
- the handles do not stay up and have to be constantly adjusted
- the feet are far too far apart for my liking
- has a bit of a clunk in the magnet

3.0 out of 5 stars It was easy to put together and also easy to use, October 13, 2014
This review is from: Image 8.25 Elliptical Trainer (Sports)
I purchased this for my husband, daughter and I to use. It was easy to put together and also easy to use. The biggest downfall is the adjustable handlebars would slowly slip down and would have to be readjusted.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it only two flaws i have found, September 10, 2009
This review is from: Image 8.25 Elliptical Trainer (Sports)
i have had this for 3 years, use it regularly as does my spouse occasionally and its still working great. the handles do wobble side to side, washers fixed that. the heart rate monitor is off but i dont use it much.

i have used all the functions and i really do love it! for the money its a good deal and a good piece of equipment!

5.0 out of 5 stars Image 8.25 Review, January 19, 2008
Michael Sudman (West Central Ohio) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Image 8.25 Elliptical Trainer (Sports)
We received the elliptical quickly it came well packaged with no damage to any of the parts. Assembly was easy allthough some of the screws were difficult to tell one from another and there was not enough grease in the little bubble pack they supply I substituted bearing grease. Once assembled add 4 AA batteriers and everything worked. Have been using it daily for a month now easy on the knees can really feel the burn in my thighs after 30 min routine. One negative is the upper handles seem a little to far forward causing me to lean forward while using them giving me some tightness in my lower back after a good workout I may try to reverse the handles so they don't keep my arms and hands quite so far out in front of me. So far seems well built and great price for home use. I would recomend it to others.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the price you paid for, November 16, 2007
This review is from: Image 8.25 Elliptical Trainer (Sports)
I think this Elliptical is excellent. I have this machine for 1yr and a half and no problems. I just have a question thought. Did anyone knows on the display in distance? Is this is in miles? meters? or kilometers? It's my only concern. I never figure it out.

Image 8.25 Elliptical Trainer