Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

Style Name: pinkSize: 1 - PackChange

on July 14, 2011
I used the product once with new batteries. Shut it off and next time I used it the batteries were dead. I have an IRock as well and I found that to be the case also with the IRock. My solution was to pull the batteries out each time I'm done using the unit. I guess I will have to do that with the Ibond as well. :( disappointed
VINE VOICEon December 3, 2011
Do not buy. The glue never got hot enough to really stick anything down well. I just got hot enough to make a mess. The gun took forever to heat up, then the batteries died after onr hour. The light near the point was bright, but unesessary. I never picked it up again.
on December 14, 2011
Love using this product; but a few kinks.

First, you have to remove the batteries when not in use so that it doesn't suck them dead while sitting on the shelf. I used it once to try it out when I got it and it was nice; but I let it sit with the batteries in and the next time I pulled it out to use it (about 2 weeks later), the batteries were not working well.

Second, the flip out stand is great, but I wish it had some kind of spring or sensor to fold back because it gets in the way if you don't push it back when in use. It's hard using this quickly & one-handedly because of that stand. It gets a little frustrating when you need it for heating it up and when not in use, but it has to be out of the way when you use it, then you need it again -quick- to put it back down on the table.

Last, it would be nice if you could turn off the light if you don't need it so that you can save battery life, too. The light is Wonderful, but I don't always need it.

Like I said, though, it's a great product and it sure beats the corded ones. I'm very glad I bought this... I just deal with the small issues because I'm happier using this one than the old corded one I had prior. :)
on January 2, 2013
I was so excited to finally find a cordless glue gun that I thought I would absolutely love. The very second I received it I opened the package immediatly. Went to start working on my project and after only a few minutes I put it down and went back to using my corded gun. The battery cover does not stay on. Pops off constantly. Also if you don't work extreamly fast the glue drips terrible. I am very disappointed and am looking for another.
on May 22, 2012
I should have listened to the other reviewers. This gun uses 4 AA batteries and it drains them completely after just a few hours of use. I was working on a new project (which was time consuming) and had the gun on, using it periodically. The gun got extremely hot at the bottom where the batteries are, and it drained the batteries in what seemed like no time at all. I wish I could return the item and get a refund, but don't think that is possible since I've already used it. :( I highly would NOT recommend this product!
11 comment12 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 17, 2013
I am very disappointed with this! Unable to work with it! The battery cover does not stay on at all! Pops off constantly! It drips terribly! If you do not work super fast the glue just keeps pouring out from the tip.
on March 22, 2015
We bought 10 of these for a classroom situation where electrical outlet access wasn't feasible. We intended to use rechargeable AA batteries, so we weren't worried about the short battery life other reviewers were talking about. However, what we did not anticipate, is that rechargeable AA batteries have a slightly thicker size than regular AA batteries, and therefore, four of them do not fit into these glue guns. We even tried to shave off the labels of the rechargeables to get them to fit, but they wouldn't work.

We used them with regular AA's, and liked them fine... but the cost to use is too high considering the low battery life. It's a shame the rechargeables didn't work!

Update 5/15/15: We've used these in the classroom for about 2 months now, and I can say at best, we get about 2 hours of continuous use out of a set of 4 AA batteries in each glue gun. We work for a program that's decided the glue guns are important enough to our lesson, so they'll just keep buying the batteries we need. But that's a lot of batteries! This might still be fine for you if you only need occasional use... but if not, I'd look for one that will take rechargeable batteries.
on November 24, 2013
This broke after 2 uses, and amazon would not allow me to return it. I was very disappointed I ended up buying one with a cord from walmart.
on December 27, 2013
I bought this a year ago. At first it was great, and I had more than plenty batteries to keep it going. But, when stored on the shelf - even though it was turned off- it drained even new batteries. I didn't have t he problem with the battery compartment popping off. But, now after a year, it won't turn on anymore, even with brand new batteries in it. Light won't come on any more either. I liked it well enough when it worked, but, i am disappointed that it quit working at all...and so soon. My knee jerk reaction is to consider getting another one, but at this point I can't justify shelling out any more cash on another one, unless they've addressed the issues it has.
on December 18, 2014
I have tried many hot glue guns already and was really hoping for a miracle; however, much to my avail, it was NOT a worthwhile purchase. After 2 projects, the glue was jammed in the nozzle and it simply did not heat up properly and very disappointed. Plus, having to do large scale art projects for 20+ kids, pulling the nozzle was hurting my hand and would have appreciated something easier to use. Better luck next time!