5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding - A New Way To Enjoy The King Of Pop!
UPDATE: check the first comment to this review for a link to my review of the show itself! Just saw it twice!

Published on November 21, 2011 by Kaio

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Bought this because of my love for Michael but was disappointed in this purchase. Not what I thought it would be.
Published 8 months ago by Jeanine Morgan

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding - A New Way To Enjoy The King Of Pop!, November 21, 2011

When I first heard this Cirque soundtrack was going to remix, and in some cases, mash-up, some of the most iconic songs ever recorded, I was worried. But I listen to Michael's original tracks all the time, so I don't feel shortchanged by this reworking of his untouchable classics. If anything, I've really taken to this energized Cirque-ified remix. It's like a concentrated dose of Michael as interpreted through Soleil's prism. Somehow they've managed to retain Michael's essence, yet add their own flair to it, that somehow makes Michael stretch beyond his usual larger than life; which is interesting, considering he's no longer here. Although Michael's presence is clearly missing, his spirit is ever-present, via his own alternate vocal recordings of these impressive songs. It's almost as if he's graduated from Peter Pan to Wizard of Oz! Sizzling with omnipotence and infusing his rhythm and dance from the ethereal beyond.

I downloaded my copy directly from Michael's website, because you get all the tracks from the Deluxe CD, including the 5 tracks that are missing from the download here at Amazon. I love this remix of Michael's classics. Think of this soundtrack as a re-imagined Best Of CD; if you want to stay true to the classics, maybe consider The Essential Michael Jackson CD. Personally, I enjoy having both. If you're open minded enough to embrace Michael continuing to push the envelope through those entrusted to carry forth his legacy, then this CD, and the Cirque show itself, is something you're sure to enjoy. It's all good to me, because I enjoy spending time with Michael.

The Show

Michael was in talks with Cirque while he was alive, and it's nice to see his dream has finally been realized; even if different from what he would have imagined were he here to add his Midas-touch from his sequined glove. My hubby and I will be seeing the show at the Staples Center, which should be special, given that's where MJ sang his last notes here on this Earth. I've been a Cirque fan for years and seen most all of their shows, and I've been a Michael fan my entire life, so I already know I'm going to love this show. And hearing this soundtrack only clinches the deal!

Standout Tracks

Michael's iconic hits need no introduction. So rather than give a play-by-play of each track, I'll let the music speak for itself. You can listen to short samples of each song here on Amazon, or check my first comment to this review for a link to where you can listen to 7 complete tracks for free before buying. Briefly, a few of my favorites are:

You Are Not Alone - MJ sings Spanish halfway through
I'll Be There - MJ at 10yrs with piano Only... Stunning
Immortal MegaMix - I DARE you to sit still!
Dancing Machine - automatic systematic, dynamite and super bad!
Childhood - has always been a favorite; and I love this Immortal version.
Planet Earth/Earth Song - this rendition weaves together this iconic song with a poem by Michael

Oh, who am I kidding? It's MJ; they're ALL Great!

Bottom Line: I've got my MJ "E"-ticket and I'm strapped in for the ride, wherever it goes; from childhood to beyond! Jermaine said it best, "It's time to celebrate Michael's life." Which is easy to do, because Michael's music instantly lifts-off and makes my spirit soar. This soundtrack and Michael's vocals are absolutely stunning. No, Michael didn't have a hand in remixing his iconic songs, but his spirit IS here, through and through; like a true Immortal. So buckle-up and get ready for a fun ride.

MJ Forever!
;oD

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent tribute to Michael Jackson King Of Pop, December 24, 2013
Brian W. Theisen (Moscow, ID & PHX, AZ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Immortal (Deluxe Version) (Audio CD)
I think this is the best show and way of paying tribute to him. I see reviews of "fans" saying they just wanted the music....if that's the case then go get the greatest hits or buy all his albums. THIS right here, does remixes and re imagines his songs in a new light. As a fan of MJ's since I was a midget digit i was surprised at how well it was all put togther, and as any MJ fan would know, if MJ were alive to witness/hear/see the show/CD he'd have probably cried and felt so flatterred and honored.

the real DIE HARD fans who have been fans from the 70's to now love this and I'm sure MJ's family and children really appreciate what was done here. Its nothing short of phenomenal what they've put together. What a fabulous way to pay tribute to a legendary man and infulential artist and humanitarian. get this you WILL NOT be disappointed at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great soundtrack for a great show, November 22, 2011
This review is from: Immortal (Deluxe Version) (Audio CD)
I seriously don't understand the negative reviews by people who call themselves fans. This is a good album and I say that as someone who doesn't like remixes much. But these are not the type of remixes those kill off the soul of the original music. These are actually much better remixes than you will find either on Blood on the Dance Floor (although the non-remix part of that album is a work of a genius, but I don't listen to the remix part much) or Thriller 25. And some of the mixes make the songs sound better. Such as the mix of Dancing Machine - the arrangement of the original was a bit dated but with this new mix it could be a club hit in 2011 again. Or "I'll be there" - OMG that voice!

Actually on all songs Michael's voice is brought foreward and it highlights what a great singer he actually was - besides being a great dancer and songwriter.

People need to realize that this is a soundtrack album to a Cirque du Soleil show and it should be perceived as such.

I'm pretty saddened to see Michael's own fans attacking every new release since his death. No, I'm not approving everything the Estate does automatically. In fact I thought the "Michael" album was poorly produced and Sony need to get their act together in the future in that area. But this is a good and fun album which will make you want to dance - even if you are not a hardcore fan.

I wonder how these fans think Michael's legacy will survive if they attack and sabotage everything the Estate does just out of partizanship or because of the conspiracy theories they have in their minds about Sony or the Estate or whatever. A Cirque show is something I'm sure Michael would have approved of since he loved Cirque. Actually he would be proud of it. I'm also sure he wouldn't mind these remixes since he didn't mind MUCH poorer remixes on Thriller 25.

Fans need to accept that things will never be again like they were while Michael was alive. His albums will never be like that again. He was a genius and he cannot be replaced. But don't get let this fact get in the way of being able to enjoy an overal good album like this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars this is what a greatest hits should sound like!!!, December 1, 2011
sunset*gal (tucson, arizona) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Immortal (Deluxe Version) (Audio CD)
first off, why this album didn't debut @ #1 is beyond me. anyhow, what a great way to jazz up the classics!!! i don't know why this album has any negative reviews, cuz this producer did something that is NOT humanly possible: he made mj classics sound even BETTER!!! i thoroughly enjoyed this album!! i bought 2 copies @ best buy and can NOT stop listening to it!! here are the standout tracks in my opinion: working day and night, dancing machine (hot as ****!!!), speechless, can you feel it (the best heartpounding remix i ever heard!!!), smooth criminal, jam, you are not alone and of course the j5 classics are flawless diamonds!!! he's practically singing a capella on that one.

in my honest opinion, THIS is the way to keep michael jackson's legacy going...loving and celebrating his music!! even though he's gone, his talent and music will never go away. i wish this album could go straight to #1! even the ballads really showcase his perfect vocals, no auto-tune on this cd!!! get it!! mj was always into doing new and innovative things and coming up with fresh ideas nobody's done yet...and this remix cd is perfect!!! it's like mj's soul possessed this producer's body to create these humanly impossible tracks!!! i still can't stop listening to this cd and if kevin autunes is out there....100000000 thumbs up!!! FANTASTIC JOB!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars IMMORTAL SOUNDS OF MICHAEL, November 26, 2013
This review is from: Immortal (Deluxe Version) (Audio CD)
I don't know how to really review this one, just that's it's a good remix of his music blended in so well. King did and excellent job on this one. To me it's like listening to Micheal's music for the first time again. It might make sense if you see the Immortal Tour to understand why it ws put together the way it was. If you're a dancer and know his music and want reinvent a new routine, this is the c.d. to get. Pretty good for a good workout. Get this c.d. if you're a fan, you won't be disppointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD!, October 10, 2013
This review is from: Immortal (Deluxe Version) (Audio CD)
This was where I was able to get what isn't available from the regular market. This has exactly what I was looking for to go along my other CDs from Michael. Thanks a bunch, Suzette!

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, September 18, 2013
This review is from: Immortal (MP3 Music)
Awesome, CD I love every son and remixes. Michael will always be #1 in my book. love it totally !

5.0 out of 5 stars The Ultimate Tribute to the King of Pop, November 22, 2011
This review is from: Immortal (Deluxe Version) (Audio CD)
I was completely blown away by the Michael Jackson Immortal CD.. This CD is a masterpiece- and it a showcase that honors -- all the love and dedication that Michael put in his music.
If you think, this is another re-hash of MJ's classic hits. You could not be more wrong. Cirque and Michael Jackson are the perfect combination! And you can hear the LOVE and respect that was put into this CD. It is hard to pick a favorite but for me -- BEN is a standout. But the addition of a gospel Choir- in "They Dont Care about US' has turned what was already masterpiece- to nothing short of brilliant. This CD is a must for every Michael Jackson fan- but there is something here for the new generation of fans. This CD is a MASTER Class of what made- Michael Jackson, the Greatest Entertainer that EVER LIVED.

5.0 out of 5 stars Soundtrack to a great show!, November 21, 2011
This review is from: Immortal (Deluxe Version) (Audio CD)
I saw the Cirque du Soleil show last month and was so impressed by the artistry & the genius that was Michael Jackson.

The show is really an experience. A blend of dozens of classic songs, acrobatics, dance ..all with a special MJ touch. This soundtrack bring the music and the show closer to the audience.

Great remixes. Crisp strip down vocals.

Excellent soundtrack.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, December 19, 2011
This review is from: Immortal (Deluxe Version) (Audio CD)
When Immortal arrived and I had a chance to listen to it..it completely blew me away! The way the songs are put together is just amazing...its definitely worth getting It as I'm sure Michael would give two thumbs way up for how his songs were Re-Imagined...although we can all agree the originals are way better!
Every time I listen to it it gives me chills...trust me you'll be getting your money's worth getting the Deluxe Edition!!

I love you Michael...:)

Immortal (Deluxe Version)
Immortal (Deluxe Version) by Michael Jackson (Audio CD - 2011)