Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Immunopower: Conquering your Illness with the help of Nutritional Synergism
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fire TV Stick Eli Paperboy Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on March 26, 2003
I would like to first of all explain I am not a doctor, nurse or nutritionist. The only letters associated with my name are Mrs. I?ve been married to a wonderful man for the past 32 years and he was diagnosed with cancer five months ago. Not just in the colon, as we were originally told, but surgery found it in his liver, spleen, stomach, upper and lower intestines. The surgeon told us that there was too much cancer and he didn?t want to start ?cutting him up?. I was not going to sit back and just let him be taken by cancer. I purchased ?Beating Cancer with Nutrition? by Patrick Quillin, PHD, RD, CNS after reading a pamphlet, written by him, that I picked up at the local supermarket. I immediately started my husband on supplements that were recommended for the various symptoms he had. Our oncologist told us the liver is the best measure of the amount of cancer and that the tumors in the liver shrink in direct proportion to the amount of cancer in the rest of the body. The tumor on his liver was 13cm by 10cm at the time of the first CAT scan. His second CAT scan, four months later, shows it is now 9cm by 7cm. Yes, my husband is getting chemotherapy in addition to the healthy eating and supplements. He has gained back 20 of the 50 pounds he lost and is in better health than he has been in years. His tumor markers have dropped from 75.8 to 20.5 in 2 months. I have no reason to believe that he won?t be free of cancer.
I have read this book from cover to cover and have seen what putting Dr Quillin?s advice into use can do. If you, anyone you love, care about or know are faced with cancer, you owe it to yourself and to them to read this book, put his words to the test. It?s not hard to understand. I have only a high school diploma and a strong desire to bring my husband back to health. All you need is a desire to beat cancer and as Dr Quillin says ?Hope, Optimism and a Fighting Spirit?.
6363 comments|500 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 16, 2005
My husband bought an earlier version of this book almost 7 years ago when I was given 8 weeks to live. The uterine cancer had metasticized to my lungs and bones. I had a large tumor on my pelvic bone which caused excruciating pain when I walked and even at rest. We followed the book exactly and yes, we bought the Immunopower which was very expensive, but you can't put a price on your life. The only thing I did differently was avoid all meat entirely. I still do not eat meat. My oncologist calls me his "miracle" patient. I've been cancer free for 7 years even though my oncologist said I had a very "aggressive" cancer and it definitely would return. Organic veggies, a juicer, Essiac tea, Immunopower and lots of prayer saved my life.
33 comments|288 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 18, 2004
Beating cancer with nutrition is giving the reader all the background information about cancer and how to best fight it. In addition, Dr. Quillin outlines his approach for nutritional therapy. The reader can choose to buy the supplements seperately or can buy Immunopower, a combination of powder (for shakes) and pills. Yes, Immunopower has been developed by Dr. Quillin and is quiet expensive. But buying seperately (and I have tried to do this) is even more expensive. Unfortunately, cancer is not an easy or cheap disease to fight. Dr. Quillin talks a lot about Immunopower in his book, but only because it truly is the best thing out there to fight cancer.
I was diagnosed with Stage II breast cancer in Sept. 2002. At the time, I only underwent chemo without any additional nutrition therapy. My cancer metastasized and by January of 2004 I was back in chemo. This time, I had met some increadible cancer patients who had battled cancer with the help of Immunopower. I started to take the supplements myself right away. My tumor has since dissapeared!! My doctor called it highly unusual. I am 38 years old, mother of a 5 and a 9 year old boy. My doctor initially felt, that I might at most have 2 years more to live. He is now more confident than even I am, that I will live to see my own grandchildren. My husband is now taking ImmunopwerEZ, just as an insurance.
Health, unfortunately, is not cheap, but rather worth every last penny.
22 comments|213 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 21, 2003
This book is the lifeline for anyone diagnosed with cancer. My father was diagnosed in January 2003 with renal cell carcinoma, metastatic. The doctors gave him less than 6 months to live. We tried a variety of the things mentioned in the book, including essiac tea, vitamins, and a nutritional diet. It had spread to his liver, spleen, and lung. Since reading and following the wonderful examples and advice in this book, my father is now working and living a productive life. The doctor was amazed and said not to change a thing that he was doing. Since he had had heart surgery and was a diabetic, many treatment options were not available. Other than interferon, he only utilized the information in Dr. Quillins book. That was enough to stop the cancer growth and give him another chance at life. Thank you Dr. Quillin for this wonderful book and the invaluable lifesaving information within.
Cynthia Haire
on July 10, 2001
Dr. Quillin's book is a must-have for those who have been diagnosed with cancer and want to do something about it!
Not only will you learn HOW nutrition can positively influence your cancer outcome and recovery, you will be able to APPLY that knowledge! The research-based alternative healing options are dose specific and easy to understand. The summary section and CD are added values to this already information-packed resource and have been designed to provide a short cut lesson for those who don't have the time or energy to take in the entire contents at once. Noreen Quillin provides insightful, practical lessons in the art of cooking and food preparation. Interesting case studies, well designed graphics, and an improved format round out this impressive text.
As an oncology nutritionist, I use the nutritional approaches described in Dr. Quillin's book on a daily basis. Science tells us they work. My patients' results show me they work. If you've been diagnosed with cancer, you owe it to yourself to pick up a copy today.
0Comment|131 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 26, 2000
Although the Quillins often get bogged down in technical terms, they provide a zinger every few pages which keeps the reader on the edge of his seat. For example, I was startled to read that 40 percent of cancer patients die from malnutrition and not the disease itself. The authors suggest that the underlying conditions for the disease must be addressed. Good nutrition, exercise, attitude, and the detoxification of essential organs such as the liver must occur. Cancer spreads as a result of a lack of oxygen, sugar feeding, immune suppression, and toxin overload. Thus, the cancer patient should avoid foods containing processed sugars, and practice breathing from the diaphram. Conventional therapies include chemotherapy, radiation, and surgery as well as a host of alternate therapies such as macrobiotics and herbal remedies. The authors further believe that by using aggressive nutrition, the patient is able to bolster his immune system. Besides suggesting vitamin supplements, the authors present specific recipes which contain the essential cancer fighting nutrients. The book does a good job in offering helpful advice to improve the outcome in cancer treatment. Lastly, there is an appendix of physicians who use nutrition as part of cancer treatment. This book is most definitely a valuable resource.
11 comment|89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 23, 2001
I've been doing cancer research and seeing patients for years- It is unbelievable that potentially life-saving information is overlooked by physicians every day. Patrick Quillin has managed to pull together the information that doctors and patients NEED to know most. The book is concisely written for patients and well-referenced for physicians. WARNING: Beating Cancer with Nutrition is not for the average person- unfortunately, "ignorance is bliss." Many people are sitting back waiting for scientists to figure out why chemo and radiation aren't working, but refusing to take an active role in their healing process or listen to alternative theories. This IS THE PERFECT BOOK for those who want to make changes but don't know how or where to start. Patrick Quillin is undoubtedly one of the nation's leading experts on cancer!
on March 29, 2003
My husband and I had the pleasure of spending a day with Patrick Quillen at the Cancer Survival Forum in late January. It was a most enlightening day of facts on nutrition and how to handle and possibly beat cancer. The day was of course based on Patrick's Beating Cancer with Nutrition book. He and his wife, Noreen, filled our day and head with many facts, recipes and "food for thought" that was beyond valuable.
Upon returning to our home and reading this book, we immediately put to use the strategies we obtained using supplements and nutritional facts. I am delighted to report that with Patrick's program and ongoing chemotherapy, my ovarian cancer is on the verge of remission! I feel confident that once I am in remission that I will be able to stay this way with Beating Cancer with Nutrition as a part of my ongoing health program.
on November 9, 2004
Dr Quillan has written an excellent book. Especially the nutrition aspect. My only complaint is that there are literally hundreds of supplements to choose from. For me, it was a little overwhelming.At times, it felt like searching for a needle in a haystck. After suffering through BRUTAL chemo for 12 treatments that made me DEATHLY ill, I am convinced that I could not go through that again. The oncologist predicts this rare form of lymphoma will be back in about 5 years. So, I consulted a naturopath to help direct me, and to my surprise almost everything she currently has me on is found in Dr. Quillan's book. Plus, I have never eaten healthier in my life. Thank you Dr. Quillan! I hope to prove the oncologist wrong!
on January 30, 2000
A nurse gave me this book to read when I first was getting through surgery with stage three breast cancer. I had loss all hope of the future and would not look at the book. I went through chemo and was ready to start radition before starting to read this book. I was ready to find out what I could do on my own with nutrition. So I picked up the book the nurse had left and didn't want to put it down. It is one of my most treasured book now. This book gave me hope that I could do something to at least try to stay alive longer. This book is up to date information on nutrition. Easy to understand and one that can can get you on your way to healing your body to work at beating the odds. I have recommed it to close friends and they have very high praises for this book. It has self help directions it will give you a new lease on live so to speak. A must read for anyone who has illness. Eating right can at lease build the immune stystem and make our quality of life better and enduring.