Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 23, 2010 5:48:49 AM PDT
RedSoxFan19 says:
Is Karen Traviss going to write more of these books?? I read the republic commando novels and was very excited to see the imperial commando series come out but where is the next book? Does anyone know what's up?

Posted on Jul 8, 2010 5:34:19 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 8, 2010 5:35:04 PM PDT
M. Gaudet says:
She no longer works for LucasBooks or Del Rey.

The role she was to play in writing fate of the jedi has sinced been passed on to another writer Christie Golden.

There were rumors she was fired, or she quit. Something to do with the clone wars cartoon continuity undoing her mandalorian mythology she created.

She is now writing tie in fiction for the Halo videogame franchise. How the mighty have fallen,lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2010 1:26:24 AM PDT
Lucsafilms is really messing with the SW canon.
One reason I love the SW novels is that they continue the story from the films. If they can't keep the canon intact then perhaps they should stop publishing books.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2010 11:01:29 PM PDT
LucasBooks make a big mistake ending their relationship with K.Travis. As someone who has read almost every book released ( I think there are about tem that I havn't read yet) I can say the K.Travis was one of their top writers, second only to the guy that created the Mara Jade character, I can't think of his name now. You would think it would have been easy enough to have the cartoon follow her books. She will be missed.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 20, 2010 8:14:48 AM PDT
RedSoxFan19 says:
Karen Traviss is an excellent author and I dont see them being able to replace her easily. Timothy Zahn created Mara Jade and I wish he would write more Star Wars novels too. I do not understand how LucasBooks could allow this series to hang out there without a conclusion. I think they are going to screw up the whole continuity thing they have going with all the novels if they do not allow her or someone else to finish the series. I will be very dissapointed if they dont do something about this.

Posted on Sep 5, 2010 10:58:08 AM PDT
giacomo says:
Its complete bull. how can any one stand to leave a graet series just unfinished its very sad

Posted on Sep 18, 2010 10:00:18 PM PDT
If you read Karen's blog, the business relationship was not working out especially with the clone wars cartoon series. Too bad, she was one of the better writers. I totally identified with her clone characters.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2010 5:52:30 AM PDT
RedSoxFan19 says:
Screw them for screwing her. This was an awesome series and I totally identified with the clones as well. I really hope they finish the series somehow....but im not going to hold my breath. Anyone at Lucasbooks reading this??? FINISH THE SERIES! Please!

Posted on Oct 8, 2010 7:19:02 PM PDT
Mark Escobar says:
I've talk to karen thru emails and she told me that the reason she was no longer doing the clone war books is because lucas arts wasnt paying her enough for what she was doing and she was going to find work elsewhere. its a damn shame that its always about money with everyone and not the love of what you do.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2010 1:01:30 AM PDT
M. Gaudet says:
Its really because they overwrote her back story for the Mando's in the Clone Wars cartoon series.

Perhaps she thought her EU book stuff separate from G-canon would become canon, but George's stuff is separate. That is why Boba Fett is a clone of Jango Fett and not Jaster Mareel a journeyman protector.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2010 1:02:45 AM PDT
M. Gaudet says:
Which also meant replacing her on Fate of the Jedi with Christie Golden.

Posted on Oct 13, 2010 6:40:58 PM PDT
J. McKew says:
She has been writing some great novels in the Gears of War universe and is now writing novels set in the Halo Universe if you're interested in reading more of her work. She brings the same sense of "wholeness" to Gears as she did to the Republic/Imperial Commando novels.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2010 1:05:44 PM PDT
RedSoxFan19 says:
She is an excellent author and luckily i still have the legacy of the force novels to read....ive been reading the books in order and that takes some time. I just want SOMEONE to finsih the story! I'm sure she had some of it done, maybe even most of it....but come on! This story needs a conclusion!!! There is way way way too much stuff left undone in this series for Lucasbooks to abandon it. If they own the rights to whatever she wrote they should let someone finish it....let Zahn finish it! Or Allston, or R.A. Salvatore. Let the 3 of them write the rest! I dont care who does it, just get it done. Who's with me?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2010 3:39:44 PM PST
Darth Bane says:
i agree with you redsoxfan19

Posted on Dec 17, 2010 6:53:00 AM PST
Love Monky 2 says:
i would rather have her finish the series. shes the reason i even read any star wars books. if zahn finished it i would be ok with it. but beyond that i dont think theres any author that could do these beloved charecters justice like Traviss has. and FIY the gears books are very top notch work by her
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Jun 23, 2010
Latest post:  Dec 17, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Deceived
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Deceived by Paul S. Kemp (Audio CD - March 22, 2011)
3.9 out of 5 stars (1,051)