5.0 out of 5 stars Bilgere: Voice of the Baby Boomers, February 3, 2014
This review is from: Imperial (Pitt Poetry Series) (Paperback)
I’ve previously written rave reviews for Haywire and The White Museum because I love George Bilgere’s poetry. How can you not? He has practically become the resident poet on The Writer’s Almanac for that very reason. Bilgere writes of his life, but also of yours and mine. He touches us, stirs up our memories, and makes us laugh. In Imperial, he chronicles the culture, fears, and concerns
of the Baby Boomers – from yo-yos, Stan Musial, and iPads to skin cancer, prostate exams, and fears of aging. Bilgere is always a good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Book of Poetry, January 29, 2014
This review is from: Imperial (Pitt Poetry Series) (Paperback)
George does it again, hooks the reader with humor and then twists the momentum like a magician doing sleight of hand, and you end up far from where you thought you were going. I've seen him do this with audiences, who never seem to get enough. Take the plunge and be amazed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Many of My Favorite Poems, February 21, 2014
This review is from: Imperial (Pitt Poetry Series) (Paperback)
Many of my favorite poems have been authored by George Bilgere. What is white, middle-aged, male America about? How about frustrated, anxious, angry, sex-on-the brain, past and present, bill-paying- it's a long list with superb reporting from the field by Bilgere. His poetry's also extremely funny. That's probably because he's very funny. I've been in one of his writing workshops. It's a treat-and-a-half.

5.0 out of 5 stars Current poets, April 5, 2014
David J. Cigler "Dave Cigler" (Green Bay, Wi United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Imperial (Pitt Poetry Series) (Paperback)
I am 65 years old and have alwYs enjoyed poetry. Mr. Bilgiere writes like he has stolen thoughts from inside my head. If you enjoy theatre and subject matter of Billy Collins, you will love George Bilgere!

Imperial (Pitt Poetry Series)
Imperial (Pitt Poetry Series) by George Bilgere (Paperback - January 21, 2014)
$15.95 $14.21