From the Publisher
"SugarCRM is one of the most exciting open source products around today, and Michael Whitehead has created the definitive guide to it. Michael packs the book with his experience as the premier independent SugarCRM consultant. It's not just a powerful guide to SugarCRM, it's a practical, hands on introduction to CRM as a whole. If you want to harness technology to enhance your customer relationships then read this book. You'll be glad you did."
-- Bernard Golden, author, "Succeeding with Open Source"
Do you want to introduce the benefits of world-class customer relationship management to your business? This book will give you all the information you need to start using this powerful, free CRM system right away!
Written by a veteran SugarCRM expert and experienced documentation author (not to mention official SugarCRM Rock Star!), this book is the definitive guide to implementing SugarCRM. Whether you are still wondering exactly what benefits CRM can bring, or you have already learned about CRM systems but have yet to implement one, or you're working with SugarCRM already
this book will show you how to get maximum benefit of this exciting product.
SugarCRM is a popular customer relationship management system. It is available in both free open source and commercial versions, making it an ideal way for small-medium business to try out a CRM system without committing large sums of money. Although SugarCRM is carefully designed for ease of use, attaining measurable business gains requires careful planning and research. This book distils hard won SugarCRM experienced into an easy to follow guide to implementing the full power of SugarCRM. SugarCRM is an extensive PHP/MySQL based application but with its rich administration interfaces no programming is required to get the most of it.
From the Back Cover
Here are just some of the knowledge and skills you will gain when you read this book:
* Learn specific ways in which SugarCRM can increase your profits through richer customer relationships
* The author will help you assess your own companies needs, and plan a SugarCRM implementation tailored specifically to you it's like having a SugarCRM consultant in the book!
* Decide how to deploy SugarCRM so that it meets your requirements best, and step by step instructions for installing the software
* A complete step-by-step tutorial in using the standard, every day features of SugarCRM
* A look at the various free and commercial add ons available for SugarCRM, as well as advice on when they are useful and how to find more
* Introducing SugarCRM across the business how to train your staff and get your users enthused about what SugarCRM can do for them
* Essential admin tasks such as data importing, back up, and maintenance
* Integrating SugarCRM with your web site
and tips for other forms of integration too! Includes particular coverage of integration with Mambo
* Covers installing and using SugarCRM, as well as tips for training and getting employee support
Using a unique checklist approach the book works from the SugarCRM basics right up to advanced features in a clear, friendly way. It is carefully designed to distil hard-won SugarCRM wisdom from a recognized expert into a clear, readable, practical guide. By helping you clarify your business goals the book enables you to build a CRM system to support your business needs, and shows SugarCRM in a realistic business setting through an Extended case study.