Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Importer520 Gold Plated HDMI Female to DVI-D Male Video Adapter
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Length: HDMI to DVI without CE|Color: Black|Change
Price:$1.80+ Free shipping

on December 22, 2014
Be very careful when choosing an adapter like this one: your needs will dictate which is the correct adapter for you. The safest bet is to look at the device you are trying to connect and count the number of pins.

3x8 + big pin = DVI-D, a dual-channel DVI connector for high , meant to send high resolution digital video
3x6 + big pin (missing 2x2 in middle) DVI-D single-channel connector. Also digital video, but lower maximum resolution.
3x8 + big pin with 4 pins around it = DVI-I Supports digital and analog video (assuming you use a VGA connector on the other side)
3x10 + big pin = M1-DA, usually used on projectors to input high resolution video. Usually used with HDMI or DVI on the computer side
A few PC makers use a similar looking connector to output two different video signals; these require a manufacturer-specific Y-splitter cable.

If you are trying to connect the DVI output on your computer to a regular TV with an HDMI input then use this model connector with a regular HDMI cable. And if your PC's video card supports it, (and you install the HD audio driver) you can also use this connector to send audio through the DVI port and into the HDMI cable to your TV, eliminating the need for a separate audio cable. I use this method to hook my GeForce GTX video card (DVI) to my HDMI TV.
on February 7, 2011
This is a great connector, but there was an unforeseen problem with my intended use for it. Hopefully I can save someone the trouble. I planned to connect a DVD upconverter (HDMI) to a computer monitor (DVI). Like I said, the connector is fine, I got everything hooked up, and when I turned it on a picture flickered on the screen and then it went blank. Turns out after reading through the manuals that the DVD player requires the monitor to be HDCP compliant. So it works, but since it's afraid I might be using it to make illegal copies of something it shuts off my picture immediately. I'm really rather frustrated that once again a DRM scheme has made something less convenient for a legitimate customer. So it's back to my 19" TV from 1995 until I can save up enough for a brand new monitor/TV with HDCP. Isn't progress great? I'm sure I'll find some other use for this nice adapter.
88 comments|138 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 9, 2011
I wanted to connect my computer to a HDTV using this "DVI to HDMI adapter" - this worked and I have a crystal clear picture. Saved me from buying a graphics video card with a HDMI output.
22 comments|71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 4, 2012
It was my intent to use this adapter to hook my ps3 to my computer monitor. Everything I was reading on the interwebs said this would work and there will be no problems. They were wrong. After spending hours trying to figure out why it wasn't recognizing the signal, I found a comment explaining it all: This adapter only works in one direction. Meaning, it will turn DVI into HDMI to hook up to a television or monitor, but it will not turn HDMI into DVI. "Information that could have been brought to my attention yesterday!" (in my best Jimmy Fallon playing Adam Sandler in SNL's celebrity Jeopardy voice) I'm keeping the product, since at some point I will want to hook my desktop up to the tv permanently, and this will come in handy at that point.
1616 comments|187 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 7, 2012
I'm not sure what to say about an adapter, other than it worked as it was advertised. Our projector had a DVI input and no HDMI and our TV and laptops both had an HDMI output. This $2 fix was all that we needed to be able to hook everything up as we wanted it.
on November 10, 2013
Worked great to connect my new laptop (HDMI) to my old LCD monitor (DVI). Gives new life to an older product!
on August 6, 2011
I bought this for my old computer when I first got my flat screen tv. My old video card only had a dvi output so I bought this to connect it. I works great just pluged it into the card and pluged the hdmi cable into it that simple.
33 comments|27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2013
It works. Needed one of these to hook my Chromecast to an older monitor (for video streaming purposes only...not audio of course).
on December 6, 2013
Not much to say here, it worked and it arrived on time.

A further note: For those of you who are not tech savvy- HDMI carries sound and video. DVI-D does not.
You will not get sound with this. It seems weird but people have asked me this question before.
on October 3, 2014
I purchased this item some time ago and have used it very often attached to my PC and using my HDMI cable hooked up directly to my 32 inch Sony Bravia flat screen TV.

NOTE: For those who are interested in purchasing this particular item, let it be known that it does not have any form of audio, only video is displayed. I already knew that before I purchased it. So just to keep you up to date. Don't be disappointed when you purchase and you get no audio.