4.0 out of 5 stars Great...minus the drivers
Published on February 18, 2011 by J. L. Shurtliff

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but doesn't work like how it says.
Published on September 16, 2011 by fillype

4.0 out of 5 stars Great...minus the drivers, February 18, 2011
This review is from: Importer520 WiFi Wireless IEEE 802.11N/G/B WLAN 150Mbps Network Adapter USB2.0 Wireless Lan USB Adapter for Laptop Noteook Desktop PC Suport Vista/Windows 7(32bit & 64bit)/Linux (Electronics)
I purchased two of these wireless adapters, as I remodeled my basement and wanted to keep from having cables trailing across the floor. When I installed the first adapter (on a Windows Vista machine), my wired connection was still established and the driver installed automatically and it worked perfectly. However, I installed the second adapter on the other computer (running Windows 7), I had already disconnected the Ethernet cable and was forced to use the disc to install the driver. While I was impressed with the utilities that came with the disc, after about 24 hours of being installed, my computer began crashing unexpectedly, showing a "blue screen of death" and completely shutting down. About ready to give up on the adapter, I uninstalled it, plugged in an Ethernet cable, and plugged in the adapter again. The driver that downloaded automatically worked great and there haven't been any issues since then.
FINAL WORD: The adapters are great, but only if you use the drivers downloaded automatically from Windows Update, as the disc drivers only cause problems.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works with the included Linux driver!!!, March 11, 2010
I was looking for something that would work on my linux (Ubuntu) computer and this one has a cd with driver for linux along with the ussual. It works just fine!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great adapter, March 29, 2010
This is an inexpensive, but really good adapter. Works great with Windows7 x64 in box drivers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, August 30, 2010
This usb adapter is awesome. For such a low price it packs a punch. 150mb down from usb is great! it is also B/G/N which is a plus! I don't know how they keep the price down... Never failed me. It was even set down weird so it bent while in the laptop and it still works. Durable product! I haven't seen any problems!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to install, works great, December 25, 2011
I was a little nervous as some reviews talked about it being difficult to install but I had NO problems what-so-ever! I plugged it into the computer, popped the disk in and it did everthing else! No need to use an ethernet cable or anything!

5.0 out of 5 stars USB review, December 24, 2011
Comes with mini cd, I am using windows 7 and had no problems with plugging it in and setting it up from there. While my router is not far away it picks up the signal quite well with no problems so far. I am very happy with this purchase and would recommend it to anyone wanting to set up a wireless connection without having to shell out a lot of cash

5.0 out of 5 stars Works For Me, November 27, 2011
Travis (MAGNOLIA, DE, US) - See all my reviews
I recently revived an old desktop I had sitting around and needed a Wifi Adapter for it. This was the cheapest one I could find with decent reviews, so I bought it. That was 4 months ago and it still works great! I'll admit, sometime it can be iffy and drop the data rate from its full 150mbps down to 13.5, but after some readjusting it shoots back up to 150. And by readjusting, I mean move the adapter an inch or two in a different direction. I have it connected to a 4ft usb cable so it can be moved, before that I would push the whole desktop. For me its only a minor inconvenience, despite that what else do you want for $7? I couldn't afford to plunk down $30 or more on a name brand one. It works better than my Belkin wifi adapter (which I did pay $30 for awhile back). I am very pleased with it, if it wasn't for this adapter, this review wouldn't have been published right now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works good on XP, April 3, 2011
This adapter is being used on my living room desktop for both internet and home networking purposes and it works great! Just plugged it in and when prompted by windows to provide the CD if available I did and done! No hassle or problems installing in XP.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plug and Play, November 15, 2010
This wifi is great I didn't even need the driver disc that was provided or a hard line to get it to work. It works great in Win 7 both 32 and 64 bit modes.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but doesn't work like how it says., September 16, 2011
I bought this adapter to use on my Windows 7 x64 laptop. The box, instructions, and the product info all say this adapter is compatible with windows 7, but its not. I did work on my desktop, which is windows xp. Despite not being able to use it on my laptop I still have a use for it else where. I don't know if this would work for your needs but its defiantly worth a try considering the very low price tag!