Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Impossible PRD2785 Color Film for Polaroid 600-Type Cameras
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 13, 2014
In 2011, I started using The Impossible Project after three years of pining for Polaroid film. I purchased a very beat up Polaroid SLR 680 SE and went through many disappointments throughout the months. The film was tricky. You couldn't eject the film without covering it (unless you like orange everything). Out of a pack of eight shots, I would have one usable shot and for almost $24.00, it wasn't worth it.

Over the course of two years, I had a love/hate relationship with the film. As soon as I planned on giving up using the film, there was that one shot that dragged me back in. Sigh.

In 2013 (or was it '12?), The Impossible Project introduced Color Protection. Not only was the film more reliable (every shot came out) but shielding the film wasn't necessary. I still do it as a precaution, but I don't feel guilty for peeking.

This film is a slightly modified version of the Color Protection film. It's reliable. It's easy to use. The only time I don't get great results is when lighting is off or I'm impatient and "just shoot." This film isn't for just shooting. For $3+ a shot, it should be a sure shot. The colors from this film are fantastic. This film definitely has a mind of its own sometimes, and you're not going to get true to life colors. You're also not going to get Polaroid colors. This film is definitely very unique, and I would highly recommend looking at The Impossible Project and Flickr website to see what kind of results others are getting from this film.

Some things to mention:
-This film might always be expensive. No company can live without profit and growth. There are always specials and deals throughout the year to stockpile to your heart's content at their website, but you won't find film for less than $20.00 a pack.
-If you need reliable film, I would recommend going with Fujifilm Instax. I used it extensively in 2011, and it was the most reliable instant film I have ever used. The only con is that the cameras are awful. The new Neo 90 (I think that's what it's called?) is promising but if an SLR was made for these films, it would be perfect. Someone mentioned to me instax film is very similar to Fujifilm's peel apart film, and I can definitely see that.
-The Impossible Project is dedicated to improving their film. If you aren't happy with their current film, wait another year or so, and there might be something better.
-The type of camera you have matters. If you're using a Polaroid One600, you can't control much (not even the flash!), so go with a camera that's going to give you some extra functions. For example, the Polaroid Spectra, though it uses a different format than the 600, is FULL of controls (turning flash and autofocus off, self-timer, lighten/darken/neutral). If you're willing to spend a pretty penny, you can go with an SLR 680 SE or even an SX-70. If you give yourself a month on eBay, you can find a great one for less than $80.00.
-This might be the wrong time to mention peel apart film due to Fujifilm's not so recent announcement regarding the discontinuation of FP3000B, but you could go oldschool and get a pack film camera. Again, most of these cameras are automatic but do come with some great features. I'm not sure how much longer Fujifilm will stay with peel apart film now that we only have FP100C, but the film is reliable and so much fun to use.

If you miss Polaroid film, try it out. If you're just getting into instant photography (especially integral film), absolutely give it a shot. Just make sure to alter your expectations. This film gets better and better.
33 comments| 125 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 17, 2015
This film is wonderful! I was worried about it, because I'd never used a Polaroid before and wasn't sure if I trusted this film. But it's great. It works PERFECTLY. The pictures come out with a slight pinkish tent, but in my opinion that only makes them look even better. They look even more vintage that way. I can't help but say that people having trouble with the film on here must be doing something wrong.
This is Impossible Project film, it is NOT the original polaroid film, so the same rules do not apply. You do NOT shake it, and it takes 30-40 minutes to develop. I take my picture out of the camera and put it straight into an envelope, and then I put the envelope into a book to keep it completely away from light to safely develop. That's all, and they turn out perfectly! Highest recommendations, this worked out even better than I expected, very happy and impressed. Definitely give it a try.
on April 16, 2015
This film so far has been amazing and just plainly out standing most people just don't fallow the instructions and that's why there pic messes up mine have all been amazing and I just love this film
JAM~
on May 19, 2016
I was really excited to see that the Impossible Project made the old Polaroids relevant again. There's nothing like it! I have purchased three packages of this film, and although they are the most spendy photos you will probably ever take, I think they are absolutely worth it. The film quality is great and still has that awesome vintage feel to it. Plus the way these turn out, every subject looks amazingly beautiful EVERY TIME.

Tips:
READ THE DIRECTIONS. THIS FILM IS DIFFERENT THAN THE OLD POLAROID FILM.
- Keep the film in the fridge until you are ready to use it
- Hold the camera as steady as possible
- Likely use the flash unless you are in a really bright place (outside in the direct sunlight) if you are shooting with a vintage Polaroid
- IMMEDIATELY grab the photo after it pops out and hide it someplace dark (inside a pocket or purse will do) - DO NOT expose them to light. Even if they are in the light for over a minute right away I have found that they turn out overexposed
- Keep them at a moderate temperature while they develop - not too hot or too cold
- Despite what Outcast says, DO NOT SHAKE IT - keep them still
- Be patient - this is the hardest part - it takes about 40-50 minutes to fully develop. I have found that after about 40 minutes in the dark you can take them out into the light - they will continue to slightly darken and sharpen for the next 10 minutes or so
- Do not leave the film in the camera for a long time - once you load it up, be ready to use all 8 shots within a few weeks or the film will get damaged from light pollution
- Clean the rollers on the camera EVERY time you switch the film (just a damp Q tip or cotton ball will do) - trust me on this or you will have lines in your photos halfway through your next pack and the impossible task of trying to clean them while there is film in there

I used these for my travel journal. We only got to take ONE shot in each major city to highlight our time there (see photos).
review image review image review image
on October 18, 2015
I bought 2 packs of film and used it in two different camera's, each time the pictures came out completely blue with no development at all. I have very disappointed. These pictures were taken about 30 minutes about taking them.
review image
33 comments| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 16, 2016
Nice results-only reason I'm giving it four stars is because it takes SO. LONG. for the picture to develop. I mean, we are talking easily half an hour. The white spot by the way in the top left corner of these photos is just a glare, instead of scanning them I was too lazy and just took a picture with my cell phone.
review image review image
on August 4, 2015
The first exposure came out just like I remember... Not clear and just like a Polaroid. Have taken 4 more and they did not developed fully. Very disappointed in the amount of money spent for the film to not work like it's supposed to.
on January 15, 2014
I was a little skeptical at first cause it seemed like a cheaper version of polaroids film but it actually works perfectly! Worth every penny. I used mine in a Polaroid Sun 600 Land Camera
on January 18, 2016
I literally just took my very first two Polaroid pictures with a Polaroid 600 like 2 hours ago. I really love how the second picture turned out. The first one (on the left) could have been better but it's alright for my very first picture. I'm rating this 4 stars based on these two pictures and I haven't had experience with it so keep that in mind. Some people need to read directions though. I read the directions and followed them. I'm happy with how these turned out honestly. I wasn't expecting perfection. I'm sure I'll get better with experience and practice. I can't wait to use my Polaroid more and I will most likely continue buying from impossible.
on May 25, 2015
This was a horrible waste of money I wish I could get back!! To commemorate my baby shower, I bought 2 packages of this film, 16 photos in total for a total cost of over $50 and the photos barely developed over the course of over 30 minutes. The photos are worthless :(
review image
1111 comments| 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse