5.0 out of 5 stars Imossible Project Film for 600 Cameras (Color)
Published 9 months ago by J. Corbett

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your time, money, or effort.
I found a Polaroid camera for $1.50 at a thrift store, and I decided to put it through its paces. I choked at the high price of this film, but I decided to leap anyway. It was a decision I immediately regretted after I shot a few frames of this stuff.

Pros:

- Somebody's making instant film again aside from Fuji
- The packaging is nice, I...
Published 2 months ago by W. Ellison

5.0 out of 5 stars Imossible Project Film for 600 Cameras (Color), March 13, 2014
This review is from: Impossible PRD2785 Color Film for Polaroid 600-Type Cameras (Camera)
In 2011, I started using The Impossible Project after three years of pining for Polaroid film. I purchased a very beat up Polaroid SLR 680 SE and went through many disappointments throughout the months. The film was tricky. You couldn't eject the film without covering it (unless you like orange everything). Out of a pack of eight shots, I would have one usable shot and for almost $24.00, it wasn't worth it.

Over the course of two years, I had a love/hate relationship with the film. As soon as I planned on giving up using the film, there was that one shot that dragged me back in. Sigh.

In 2013 (or was it '12?), The Impossible Project introduced Color Protection. Not only was the film more reliable (every shot came out) but shielding the film wasn't necessary. I still do it as a precaution, but I don't feel guilty for peeking.

This film is a slightly modified version of the Color Protection film. It's reliable. It's easy to use. The only time I don't get great results is when lighting is off or I'm impatient and "just shoot." This film isn't for just shooting. For $3+ a shot, it should be a sure shot. The colors from this film are fantastic. This film definitely has a mind of its own sometimes, and you're not going to get true to life colors. You're also not going to get Polaroid colors. This film is definitely very unique, and I would highly recommend looking at The Impossible Project and Flickr website to see what kind of results others are getting from this film.

Some things to mention:
-This film might always be expensive. No company can live without profit and growth. There are always specials and deals throughout the year to stockpile to your heart's content at their website, but you won't find film for less than $20.00 a pack.
-If you need reliable film, I would recommend going with Fujifilm Instax. I used it extensively in 2011, and it was the most reliable instant film I have ever used. The only con is that the cameras are awful. The new Neo 90 (I think that's what it's called?) is promising but if an SLR was made for these films, it would be perfect. Someone mentioned to me instax film is very similar to Fujifilm's peel apart film, and I can definitely see that.
-The Impossible Project is dedicated to improving their film. If you aren't happy with their current film, wait another year or so, and there might be something better.
-The type of camera you have matters. If you're using a Polaroid One600, you can't control much (not even the flash!), so go with a camera that's going to give you some extra functions. For example, the Polaroid Spectra, though it uses a different format than the 600, is FULL of controls (turning flash and autofocus off, self-timer, lighten/darken/neutral). If you're willing to spend a pretty penny, you can go with an SLR 680 SE or even an SX-70. If you give yourself a month on eBay, you can find a great one for less than $80.00.
-This might be the wrong time to mention peel apart film due to Fujifilm's not so recent announcement regarding the discontinuation of FP3000B, but you could go oldschool and get a pack film camera. Again, most of these cameras are automatic but do come with some great features. I'm not sure how much longer Fujifilm will stay with peel apart film now that we only have FP100C, but the film is reliable and so much fun to use.

If you miss Polaroid film, try it out. If you're just getting into instant photography (especially integral film), absolutely give it a shot. Just make sure to alter your expectations. This film gets better and better.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE, January 4, 2014
the new impossible project color protection film is great! the colors are beautiful and vibrant! definitely better than using expired polaroid film

5.0 out of 5 stars worked perfectly, January 15, 2014
I was a little skeptical at first cause it seemed like a cheaper version of polaroids film but it actually works perfectly! Worth every penny. I used mine in a Polaroid Sun 600 Land Camera

4.0 out of 5 stars 50/50, February 7, 2014
I'm 50/50 on this product because the pricing is pretty high for only a few pictures. It takes quite a while to develop but the picture quality is good so far. Honestly, if you go to their site it's cheaper than on Amazon... sorry. And if you look online there's a 2014 promo code off your first purchase that ends up covering their standard shipping and takes a few bucks off the product price.

Overall I wish they were below $20/package but it works and you know exactly what you are getting.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your time, money, or effort., October 16, 2014

Pros:

- Somebody's making instant film again aside from Fuji
- The packaging is nice, I guess

Cons:

- Out of eight exposures, I got two that were usable. Consider that I paid almost $12 per usable picture, and you understand my frustration and disappointment -- for the price I paid for this, that's two packs of Fuji pack film with some change left over.
- Two of the frames got stuck in the cartridge. Where's the quality control?
- The other frames came out extremely overexposed, even if I made sure to put the film in a dark place immediately after exposure, and even if I shot an indoors scene with the flash. Adjusting the lighten/darken control appeared to have little effect.
- The colours look like they've been faded for about 25 years; they look a lot worse than actual Polaroid pictures from 25 years ago, which makes me wonder what they'll look like 25 years from now
- The pictures take just this side of forever to develop. I understand needing to refine processes and chemistry and all that, but I can shoot a roll of colour negative film and have it developed in the time it'd take to shoot and develop two Impossible prints.

Here's my advice: Save your money and buy yourself an old Polaroid packfilm camera from the 1960s or 1970s, and get a few packs of Fuji packfilm. You'll have at least 100% more fun with the packfilm than you will with this. Or if you want something modern, buy a Fuji Instax camera and their instant film.

1.0 out of 5 stars A bunch of bad pictures, May 2, 2014
I got 2 packages of this film for my Polaroid one600 camera. Back when you could get non-expired Polaroid film, everything was just peachy. The pictures turned out just how they were supposed to. With this film, unless I took pictures in dim rooms, they turned out yellow. Even with tape over the flash, the slightest bit of sunlight caused pictures to turn out entirely yellow (I am not exaggerating). Beyond that, they took almost an hour to fully develop. I could deal with the long developing time if it produced even remotely decent pictures, but I ended up with 3 good pictures and 13 pieces of garbage. I already have enough trash, I didn't want to pay so much to get more.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS PRODUCT, August 17, 2014
cincinnatislim (Cincinnati, Ohio) - See all my reviews
The expiration date looked ok but picture quality is unusable - washed out, lacking color. I would highly recommend NOT purchasing this product. I was hoping, based on the reviews that it would work out - figuring my odds were greater than 50/50. But again, washed out, poor quality and unusable pictures. A complete waste of money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked Great!, March 5, 2014
Loved this film, worked perfect in my 600 Polaroid camera. Definitely will buy again!
only con is that there are very few exposures, but other than that I absolutely love it!

1.0 out of 5 stars EXPIRED INK, October 2, 2014
I ordered 2 of these for my sister's birthday and when I got them, the ink was expired. This is ridiculous, I spent almost $50 for trash.

3.0 out of 5 stars the image quality was not that great with indoor shots, October 4, 2014
While I appreciate that this company has filled a huge gap in the instant film industry, my opinion is that they have some improvements to make.
Follow the shooting instructions carefully!
You must put the picture in a bag or completely dark place immediately after taking it. The image can actually take 35-45 minutes to fully process. Not quite "instant". Also, the image quality was not that great with indoor shots. Likely, much better results shooting outdoors in bright daylight. Still worth buying if you are itching to use your old polaroid! Just don't expect it to be the same experience of shooting with polaroid film that you remember.