5.0 out of 5 stars Imossible Project Film for 600 Cameras (Color)
Published 6 months ago by J. Corbett

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the original
Film developed but colors were very muted. Even keeping the photos in the dark to develop didn't help. Not many options if you want instant photos.
Published 6 months ago by FrancescaCL

5.0 out of 5 stars Imossible Project Film for 600 Cameras (Color), March 13, 2014
This review is from: Impossible PRD2785 Color Film for Polaroid 600-Type Cameras (Camera)
In 2011, I started using The Impossible Project after three years of pining for Polaroid film. I purchased a very beat up Polaroid SLR 680 SE and went through many disappointments throughout the months. The film was tricky. You couldn't eject the film without covering it (unless you like orange everything). Out of a pack of eight shots, I would have one usable shot and for almost $24.00, it wasn't worth it.

Over the course of two years, I had a love/hate relationship with the film. As soon as I planned on giving up using the film, there was that one shot that dragged me back in. Sigh.

In 2013 (or was it '12?), The Impossible Project introduced Color Protection. Not only was the film more reliable (every shot came out) but shielding the film wasn't necessary. I still do it as a precaution, but I don't feel guilty for peeking.

This film is a slightly modified version of the Color Protection film. It's reliable. It's easy to use. The only time I don't get great results is when lighting is off or I'm impatient and "just shoot." This film isn't for just shooting. For $3+ a shot, it should be a sure shot. The colors from this film are fantastic. This film definitely has a mind of its own sometimes, and you're not going to get true to life colors. You're also not going to get Polaroid colors. This film is definitely very unique, and I would highly recommend looking at The Impossible Project and Flickr website to see what kind of results others are getting from this film.

Some things to mention:
-This film might always be expensive. No company can live without profit and growth. There are always specials and deals throughout the year to stockpile to your heart's content at their website, but you won't find film for less than $20.00 a pack.
-If you need reliable film, I would recommend going with Fujifilm Instax. I used it extensively in 2011, and it was the most reliable instant film I have ever used. The only con is that the cameras are awful. The new Neo 90 (I think that's what it's called?) is promising but if an SLR was made for these films, it would be perfect. Someone mentioned to me instax film is very similar to Fujifilm's peel apart film, and I can definitely see that.
-The Impossible Project is dedicated to improving their film. If you aren't happy with their current film, wait another year or so, and there might be something better.
-The type of camera you have matters. If you're using a Polaroid One600, you can't control much (not even the flash!), so go with a camera that's going to give you some extra functions. For example, the Polaroid Spectra, though it uses a different format than the 600, is FULL of controls (turning flash and autofocus off, self-timer, lighten/darken/neutral). If you're willing to spend a pretty penny, you can go with an SLR 680 SE or even an SX-70. If you give yourself a month on eBay, you can find a great one for less than $80.00.
-This might be the wrong time to mention peel apart film due to Fujifilm's not so recent announcement regarding the discontinuation of FP3000B, but you could go oldschool and get a pack film camera. Again, most of these cameras are automatic but do come with some great features. I'm not sure how much longer Fujifilm will stay with peel apart film now that we only have FP100C, but the film is reliable and so much fun to use.

If you miss Polaroid film, try it out. If you're just getting into instant photography (especially integral film), absolutely give it a shot. Just make sure to alter your expectations. This film gets better and better.

5.0 out of 5 stars worked perfectly, January 15, 2014
I was a little skeptical at first cause it seemed like a cheaper version of polaroids film but it actually works perfectly! Worth every penny. I used mine in a Polaroid Sun 600 Land Camera

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE, January 4, 2014
the new impossible project color protection film is great! the colors are beautiful and vibrant! definitely better than using expired polaroid film

4.0 out of 5 stars 50/50, February 7, 2014
I'm 50/50 on this product because the pricing is pretty high for only a few pictures. It takes quite a while to develop but the picture quality is good so far. Honestly, if you go to their site it's cheaper than on Amazon... sorry. And if you look online there's a 2014 promo code off your first purchase that ends up covering their standard shipping and takes a few bucks off the product price.

Overall I wish they were below $20/package but it works and you know exactly what you are getting.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked Great!, March 5, 2014
Loved this film, worked perfect in my 600 Polaroid camera. Definitely will buy again!
only con is that there are very few exposures, but other than that I absolutely love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked Well!, January 27, 2014
L. Donnaway "Mom of Three" (Kenner, La United States) - See all my reviews
My daughter wanted a "Vintage" Polaroid for Christmas. I found this film on Amazon. It may not be cheap but it does work! It takes longer to develop than what I remember from the 1980's. I'm making her save it for special projects or occasions!

5.0 out of 5 stars SAVE YOUR BOX for developing your pics- great and fun to use!, September 4, 2014
Okay, so yes, as stated in other reviews, this would be a two compared to the old school Polaroid film as it takes 30-40 minutes to develop. But considering that film is not available and I can suddenly make use of my Polaroid 600 camera again I am very happy with this. It has the battery pack for the flash built in. It was very easy to pop into my camera. I did not refrigerate my film as I used it within two weeks of getting it. I decided to order this for fun pics at my sister's wedding. Everyone had a blast seeing this dinosaur out and about. SAVE YOUR BOX! You have to keep the picture from being exposed to light as best as you can when it comes out of the camera to develop. The box is not bulky and is the perfect size to slip your photo into and allow it time to develop in the dark. If you do not cover your photo right away it will develop with extremely light colors which can look cool and vintage but I highly rec'd getting it into the box right after you take your shot. Don't open to look for at least 30-40 minutes. Overall very fun to use this camera again, film takes forever but it is still so worth it. Will definitely be purchasing more of this film!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brings back memories, March 21, 2014
Nicole (Houston, Texas) - See all my reviews
I love this film, I'm only using it for a special occasion because for the price it is and for how many images you can take....common sense people.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, June 23, 2014
I have enjoyed playing with my polaroid 600 camera and since polaroid no longer makes 600 film this is the only company I know that makes film to use in the Polaroid 600 camera. I am still learning how to use the camera but I have learned that you can easily over-expose the film and remembering to use the closeup lens between 2 - 4 feet and to remove the closeup lens when taking longer shots. Also, the beauty of polaroid is in the antique quality of the color. I wouldn't expect deep vivid color in the original polaroid film and you won't get it in this product either.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film! Know how to use it, August 19, 2014
I recently bought this film and took my first picture using the camera and impossible film, and I had no trouble! The reviews detailing "washed out" and "unusable" probably should read the directions and know how to handle the film because it's very complicated and delicate, you must shield it from light as soon as it prints, and don't watch it develop from the start! It needs time to protect the film from light, and film shouldn't be expired unless it is 9-12 months off date. Know your stuff and you'll have a great experience!