Imusa Victoria Tortilla Press Has anyone been able to get flour tortillas thin enough using this press or is it just for corn tortillas??????
asked by Boopsielu on March 19, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 answers
A
This kind of heavy tortila presses are great for making corn tortillas, and many use them to make burger patties too, but they were never intended to be used for flour tortillas, you could use them to start giving shape to the dough, but would need to finish the job with a roller pin. Or, you could use an electrical tortilla press, the same thing but with some electrical resistances to heat the plates while pressing and cook the tortillas, and is quite heavy too so it can be used for making corn tortillas when unpluged too. I have not look for them here yet, but just saw some flat bread/tortilla makers that must use the same principle.

Update!
I just saw it here, the same electrical flour tortilla maker I growed up with.
Mexican Cast Iron Electric Tortilla maker

Just a word of caution: this press is heated for making the flour tortillas only, and they get only pre-cooked, must be put on a griddle to be fully cooked. It can also be used for making corn tortillas of course, but only unplugged and using plastic sheets on the two sides, just like the other presses.
Nailer answered on August 30, 2012
Comment | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product