Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

Format: PaperbackChange

on March 12, 2013
I ordered this book, because I am 80 years old and since my husband died, I hear angels singing when I am alone and quiet.
Naturally I wanted to learn more about angels. This book was a wonderful one to start with.
on December 29, 2011
This book is an awesome example of how our beliefs can manifest in the physical world through the work of Angels. It offers real stories depicting the Circle of Life ~ how the spirit/soul exists beyond death and strengthens those of us among the living who need a push.
on March 14, 2011
My wife and I read a story a night to our 2nd and 4th graders, sometimes our 7th grader came in. We all loved the stories. We finished it last night and they had me re-read from the start and I was instructed by my daughter to "go on Amazon and get another one".
on July 23, 2012
When I first started reading this book, I was not sure what to expect
But reading story after story, I was bought to my knees & praise God
I love this book and I recommend this to anyone young and old.
on July 14, 2011
Joan W. Anderson has compiled so many delightful true stories about angels, that I'd be hard-pressed to find a better book about this widely popular topic. She is a skilled author who is able to garner the reader's rapt attention from the onset. IN THE ARMS OF ANGELS is one of those books you can pick up and start reading on any page and feel that instant interest and tingle of excitement that what you're digesting is a very wonderful thing. What do people do in times of crisis if they don't have faith and believe in angels? Read this book and realize how important they are in our everyday lives. They are always looking to our Heavenly Father for guidance and instructions, and in the blink of an eye they hasten to our protection, pressing need, and comfort. This is such a soothing book and will encourage you as you turn each page. I give this book two thumbs up, because it truly deserves a 'high five'. It's a great present to give anyone, young or old, because it'a a gift that can be opened again and again. Buy more than one copy in case you loan one out and don't get it back any time soon!
on April 13, 2012
I loved this book. I never realized that angels are watching over us when we need them most. Several months ago, I
was taking my little dog for a walk in our neighborhood. A pit bull dog got out of it's owner's house and attacked
my dog. Luckily, I was not harmed, but after reading this book, I realized that angels had to have been watching
over me because my dog would have never survived otherwise. This book has made a believer out of me. I am glad I read it.
22 comments6 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 7, 2012
I literally could not put the book down after beginning to read it. I was in an auto accident a few years ago and a man got into the car, covered me up to keep me from going into shock, told me my son was ok, and talked to me keeping me as calm as possible. No one got his name or information and I always wanted to thank him and believe he was an angel. It was interesting reading about similar incidents in this book. We are blessed to have God's angels looking after us. I think we tend to dismiss these angelic acts too easily.
on November 5, 2012
In The Arms of Angels - True Stories of Heavenly Guardians is a comforting affirmation of God's unconditional love for all of us. It is a reassuring reminder that we are being watched over, guided and protected by His heavenly messengers. It left me with a feeling of peace and the resolve to become more aware of and attuned to those around me whose lives I touch and/or who have touched and made a positive difference in mine. I walk away from this book with a sense of gratitude.
on July 27, 2011
I am so glad to know that there are truely Angels among us, although I was sure of it before I read this book. Would get more of her books. I love reading about Angels.
on February 15, 2015
This is an inspiring and captivating collection of angel stories. This book is not only a great gift for someone, but, if you are going through some daunting challenges yourself, gift YOU with this wonderful work by Joan Webster Anderson. She has truly outdone herself this time.

I could not put this one down! Each vignette lets us know that there are certain situations that simply could not be coincidence. For example, the pilot who put his badly destroyed plane down successfully without injury, the pregnant women who successfully drove to find her husband in a tornado, all the while sensing that an unseen pair of hands were on the wheel for assistance, or the lucid dream warning that came to a woman about the health of someone she barely knew, which proved to be a dire warning this woman must act on.

Did you ever look into the eyes of a little child, or sense them following "someone who wasn't there"? Children have an amazing capability for sensing angels, spirits, and otherworldly beings because their minds are not cluttered with day to day thoughts and have no fear that "someone will think they are crazy"

To quote the book, "When people are more like angels, earth will be more like Heaven". Now wouldn't you like that! This book is highly recommended!