4.0 out of 5 stars The Long Wait is Over
It's been three LONG years since Jan Karon's last book and it's been a LONG wait. I fell in love with the Mitford series a few years ago and have been eagerly awaiting the release of this book. The first book in the Father Tim series introduced us to another side of everyone's favorite reverend as he discovers another side of his family he didn't know had existed. This...
Published on October 19, 2010 by Deborah

2.0 out of 5 stars Missing Mitford
I certainly agree with Deborah's review. I miss Mitford, too. I had so looked forward to this newest Father Tim book and pre-ordered it so I could have it immediately upon publication. Like Deborah, I found the long journal passages boring. I never did figure out who the live people were, much less the dead ones. There were just too many characters introduced over too...
Published on October 20, 2010 by Gordie

‹ Previous | 123 24 2554 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars My opinion of last of series of father Tim books, July 19, 2013
I loved all the Father Tim books.I really enjoyed reading them. This book is a little removed from the heart of the other books. It does refer back to some of the characters from time to time. This is good, but my least favorite Joy R.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, July 15, 2013
I have read all of the Mitford series and other Jan Karon books and found this story line difficult to follow. The format of the story-within-the story was often times confusing and irritating. This book has not been a "page turner" like all of her other books have been for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars In the Company of Others, July 9, 2013
I love all Jan Karon books. I had trouble getting started with the Irish brogue because I like to pronounce things correctly and I couldn't even find it on-line. And I had a little trouble picking up who was who at first, but I really enjoyed it the second time through and the third and fourth and...well, I read all her books end to end at night before I go to sleep...she's my favorite author!

4.0 out of 5 stars Another winner, June 28, 2013
Sometimes I just get in the mood to read a book where nothing really bad happens, the so-called gentle fiction. Jan Karon's Father Tim novels are my favorites in this genre. In the Company of Others takes Father Tim and his wife to Ireland to trace his roots. They get caught up in the lives of the innkeepers and theirextended family, leading them to experience reconciliation and restoration with them. Just enough drama to keep it interesting, but not too much that I don't find the quiet escape I'm looking for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Father Tim, June 17, 2013
This is the latest book following the Mitford series, written by Jan Karon. It takes place in Ireland where Father Tim takes his first vacation after 40+ years as an Episcopal priest in Mitford. At last he will have peaceful time for himself and for his wife....little does he know what lies ahead. The Mitford series consists of nine books.... this is the second book in the Father Tim series. Ms. Karon is a very gifted writer who includes humor, a variety of characters, inspiration, entertainment and realism in her novels. I highly recommend these two series to anyone and everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for interupted reading times..., June 14, 2013
I would love for Jan Karon to write more in this series...These books take me away and help me escape into a peaceful place.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Series!, June 1, 2013
Phyllis Rector (Ypsilanti, Michigan, US) - See all my reviews
I love the Mitford series and am buying this book for a friend. I know she'll love it as I did.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, good, good, May 30, 2013
I love reading about Father Tim. Sort of gives me peace and the hope that there are more
really good folks like that in the ministry. We know a few Father Tim's

2.0 out of 5 stars Jan karon has run out of the charm of these characters., May 25, 2013
Wahnita Boozer (ARLINGTON, Texas, US) - See all my reviews
Just can't make myself finish this book.
I was a Hugh fan of all her Mitford books and have hem all.
I will eventually make my self finish it.
Maybe my review will go up a star.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ms. Karon does it again, May 20, 2013
Outstanding! Wonderful! Father Tim continues to advise the beauty of walking with God. Jan Karon is definitely one of the most gifted writers on the scene today

‹ Previous | 123 24 2554 | Next ›

In the Company of Others: A Father Tim Novel
In the Company of Others: A Father Tim Novel by Jan Karon (Mass Market Paperback - October 19, 2010)
Used & New from: $15.95