Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: In the Company of Whales
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: DVD|Change

on January 4, 2010
Good DVD with some good views on whales, and the human efforts around them (both good and bad).

Roger Payne is a good host, if a little idealistic.

Two issues though....

1) Patrick Stewart does not host this DVD, Roger Payne does, with narration by a woman who's name I can't recall right now.

2) Despite the images on the front and back of this box, there are NOT any Orcas (Killer Whales) in this DVD.

Though that this should be pointed out.
on January 9, 1999
Anyone who is intrigued by the great whales will love this video. Roger Payne can not be applauded enough for the knowledge and understanding of these great creatures that he has contributed. There is great love and respect for these denizens expressed in this video, and an important message for the future. Five stars is not enough to praise this effort!
on July 16, 2012
Kind of disapoointed that I purchased this DVD since it had an Orca Whale on the cover. I was looking forward to watch the portion of the Orcas in the movie but unfortunatly I didn't see a single Orca throughout the whole movie. If your going to put an Orca on the cover at least have a portion of the movie dedicated to Orcas. Otherwise I thought the movie was very informative and well narrated :)
on October 16, 2010
This is a wonderful addition to my animal collection of dvd's. I remember when this first aired on the Discovery Channel. My parents had it taped for me. But now that the vhs is wearing out, I now have it to watch and enjoy the whales and dolphins over and over again. =D
Brittany Anderson
on February 29, 2012
My 5 year old grandson is studying whales in school, so I sent him this DVD. He watched it with his dad and his dad was so impressed that his son was able to connect what he was learning at school with the DVD. Little 3 year old brother loved the DVD too.
An extra bonus is that Amazon makes these DVDs affordable for everyone, including GRANDMAS!
on August 31, 2013
Long before everyone else got on the bandwagon, there was Dr. Payne. A truly beautiful video sure to be appreciated by all the friends of whales. A message to us all about the struggles man has put upon the entire whale community. A must see.
on October 20, 2001
This is the story of Dr. Roger Payne who has studied the right whales in Argentena for years. There is the wonderful music that Dr. Payne creates in addition to great footage of whales. This is a worthwhile treat for any whale lover.
on January 10, 2014
This is a good video for everyone's video library, good for the whole family to enjoy, especially for us older folk.
on January 13, 2014
The cover depicts an Orca, but there is no mention what so ever of an Orca. I recommend NOT to buy this!!.
on September 23, 2009
I bought this DVD for my toddler since he loves whales. He loves Free Willy and Disney Nature Earth footage on humpback whales but he did not enjoy this dvd, I think because there were no killer whales in it. I assumed there would be since the front cover has one. Also not a lot of footage on dolphins. Just not what we expected but I guess it can be very educational.