Published on December 20, 2008 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Great and meh
Published on August 27, 2010 by Rob Cassity

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the M100 protones...but are still pretty good., December 20, 2008
This review is from: Razer Moray In-Ear Noise Isolating Gaming Headphones--Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
I purchased the Razer Moray earbuds to have another set of headphones for a new mp3 player a bought. I still have my Razer protone m100s (previous version of these headphones). I also own a set of Sony MDR EX51LP. I use these headphones for the gym when doing cardio. I find that these headphones stay in your ear the best even when you sweat. The Sony earbuds do not do this so well, they are constantly falling out and have been relegated to be used with my laptop. Another factor that makes these great for the gym (at least for me) is that the over-all top volume these headphones put out compared to the Sony earbuds or any other earbuds I have tested is great.

There is one major change to these headphones which I do not like. It seems that Razer catered to the crowd of people who whine about the earbuds having different length cords from the point that the cable splits. Both earbuds now are the same length from the point that they split the cable. This is great for people who do not were the earbuds properly (not running one cord behind your neck) but bad when wearing them as designed. It creates even more excess cord that sticks out. Also during movement intensive activities it now doesn't sit the same and seems to create a stronger pull on the earbuds making them come out easier than when they were of different length.

The actual sound quality from the headphones are more tinny compared to the M100s but still sound decent. The total cable length is longer but this doesn't seem to affect me as much as other reviewers. If you think this would bother you I would suggest to just keep the twist tie from the packaging to shorten up the extra length.

Lastly, I also want to comment as well about one of the reviews for this product. The bumping you hear when hitting the cord is something that happens with all headphones and will be more prominent on ones that create a better seal in your ear. There is nothing that can be done. I don't even notice the noise anymore.

4.0 out of 5 stars Razer's Improvement on the Pro|Tones M100, November 15, 2008
I bought these when my two-year-old Pro|Tones got old and nasty (see my review of them, in which I gave three stars). For comparison:

-The Moray's cord is longer, which is a good thing.

-Range of reproduction is listed as 20-11kHz instead of 20-23k but I have not noticed a significant difference. I expected the high end to disappear, but very little music actually utilizes that range, apparently. Besides, it's barely audible to humans from what I've heard.

-The Morays are very crisp-sounding, very "cool" and digital. The m100 seems to have a slightly more natural sound, but perhaps my Morays will improve with a bit of wear. I've only listened to about six hours of music on them so far. Bass is pretty solid, as promised.

-The way the cord attaches to the ear buds is sturdier than the m100s and won't wear out the way the m100 rubber did.

-Bumping the cord results in a clattering sound being transmitted into your ear, just like the m100 except louder.

These earbuds block exterior noise very well and I would recommend them as quite possibly the best ones under $50. I took off a star for that bumping sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars Morays Deliver Big, November 3, 2008
USPS delivered my new black Razer Morays today. I got them carefully out of their very slick packaging, and tried on the different sized ear buds. Based on comfort and noise-blocking, large worked best for me. (small medium and large all come standard with purchase).

I got these to replace the stock earbuds that came with my cell phone (built in mp3 player). The difference is night and day.

In all areas, comfort, sound, noise isolation, asthetics the razers are clearly several steps above "stock" earbuds. The highs are clear and there is significantly more bass than before, while not really deep, it is prevalent but not overbearing. Probably the best than little earbuds can do. They really shine in noise isolation. I am able to keep my volume several bars lower than usual while maintaining the same noise level. With music on, and not extremely loud, I cannot even hear myself typing on the keyboard as I write this. With the music off and earbuds in, it might block about 50% of the sound (estimated).

Additionally, they come with an airline adaptor and a soft carrying case which has a good bit of padding and rigidity...and looks nice.

For anyone looking for moderately inexpensive earbuds ($32 shipped at time of writing) they should definately give these a try.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great and meh, August 27, 2010
Rob Cassity (Lawrence, Kansas) - See all my reviews
I'll keep this short, though a lot of people might prefer long reviews. I'm 25, I'm not a huge audiophile or anything, but I do tend to like good quality sound. That's where these headphones kinda disappointed me. I have a psp, a blackberry, and an android phone, and for the most part, the sound quality is passable for gaming. To compare, I have a cheap pair of $20 LG ear buds with an inline mic, I have the Turtle Beach X41 headphone set, the Skullcandy INK'd ear buds, as well as Skullcandy's Gaming GI, Hesh, and Lowrider headphones. All of these headphones have better sound quality than the Razer Morays. It's not that the sound is distorted or filled with static or anything. It just sounds a little muffled sometimes, as if I cranked the bass and reduced the treble to zilch. With PSP gaming, it was completely fine, and while I could certainly tell that the sound was a bit too wannabe-bass, I didn't really get in the way. As long as you're not being picky, these should be fine for that purpose. If you're wanting to listen to music a lot, look for a different pair of headphones. You'll be a bit disappointed in the sound quality.

If you're intending on using these for Skype or some other form of VOIP, go for it. Voices come through just fine, and the mic works surprisingly well. There is no volume knob on these headphones, so keep in mind, you'll want to be using your device's volume controls. Like I said, I have a couple phones as well as a couple computers, and while I wouldn't use these as my primary music listening headphones, the included adapters make it possible to use on just about any platform, which counts for a lot. To be able to be playing a game on my PSP, get a call on my blackberry and use the same headset to talk on is very convenient, especially when I don't want my hands tied. The Morays include an adapter for the PSP so you can use the PSP for skype (havent tried that myself) as well as an adapter for the DS, and a splitter that will allow you to use these headphones on a computer's headphone and microphone ports.

All in all, I will continue to use these for voice communication and PSP gaming, but when the focus is going to be sound quality, I'll use another pair. Like I said...it's passable, but if you're trying to enjoy the sounds you love, you don't want those sounds muffled. Just my two cents.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, November 13, 2009
I love this thing! The sound is incredible, as is the noise isolation. I use with both my laptop for playing WoW with Ventrilo and my iPhone and works amazingly well. The case is nice as well. It holds everything comfortably with sections for each part, but has give so you can fit it in small places. Only possible improvement in my eyes would be an inline sound adjuster, but even without, I would gladly pay for another as is.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price., December 9, 2009
C. Gray (Newberg, Or USA) - See all my reviews
I've been looking for an in-ear headset with a mic. For the price I can't complain about these, the sound is good and the mic seems to work just fine.

What I will say is that the sound isn't great, sometimes I get slight feedback and there is very little bass presence in this set. I isn't ideal if you want it just for listening to music, but for gaming on my laptop it works great.

One last note, there is no toggle on the mic to answer calls if using this with an iPhone, minor, just wanted to let you know.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Them!, July 24, 2010
Had these for over a year now. Went threw the washer a few times. Mowed the lawn listening to these, can't hear the mower :)

PROS:
Very comfortable!
Amazing sound!
Durable!
Works with iPhone
Forget the world around you!
Sweet case with stickers and extra buds for different ear types.

CONS:
Pricey
You can hear your own breathing, scratching your head, etc. Just turn up the music!

Overall:
I LOVE THESE! I would have never of had spent 50 some dollars on ear buds but Razer makes good products in my opinion. I got these for my 19th birthday and plugged them in to my iPhone, I was like "whoa". Mowed the lawn, You can't even hear the mower! Maybe that's why I burnt the clutch :/. So if you have a nagging girlfriend/boyfriend, mom, dad, or just want to forget the world, these ear buds are for you! Way better than Skull Candies, recently returned Skull Candies 50/50 mic3d because they could NOT compare to these. I returned them to get the Razer Morays PLUS.

Highly Recommend these! I love them dearly, Went threw the washer and dryer, still kicking loud!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, December 1, 2009
My headphones broke so I decided to get some new ones. I decided to go with some earphones this time. I was blown away by the amazing and clean sound. I would never regret purchasing this item. It has a really good bass. I can hear almost nothing while I have these on. They also look awesome. If you purchase this product you will not regret doing so.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little earbuds that never fall out!, August 14, 2010
B. Loomis (Beaver Wash, Idaho) - See all my reviews
These are near perfect in my opinion. While I prefer the sound from the cheaper V-moda Bass-freqs, the bass-freqs are extremely loud, you have to be careful when plugging it in to your mp3 or computer to make sure the volume is very low, or you will get blasted and possibly hurt your hearing. The razer morrays dont have that problem, the volume is just where it should be. Best thing is, when I work out or run on the treadmill, these do not slip out of your years no matter how sweaty you get, unlike some other brands that just slip out when you get sweaty. Another thing I love is the cord - its a very tough rubbery substance that so far has lasted me 1 1/2 years and no problems whatsoever! Also the cord is 3 inches longer than the v-modas, but not as long as the bose. I also love the sound-isolation of these compared to the bose, you can hear too much background noise with the bose. With these, if someone is talking to you, you have to take them out of your ears to hear them, I love that. So sound quality wise, I give it... 3.5 out of 5, but the overall build quality raises these babies up to a 5 in my opinion. 1 1/2 years and still going strong!

5.0 out of 5 stars My best buds, December 19, 2009
Ah, Razer. Have you ever made anything bad?

I'll keep this short and to the point. If you own any type of PMP and still use the buds that came with it, stop. Get these right now.

Compared to the Shure, and Ultimate Ears buds I have owned - these are so much better! Sure, the sound quality isnt as good, but these are very sturdy. I have had problems with wires being torn at the base, but not with these - yet.

So, if your looking at headphones but don't want to spend $80+... then snag these up. Their durable and sound pretty decent (ipods have lackluster sound quality anyway - a better set will not help)

Oh! Also, the case is very handy! I keep my HTC Magic headphone adapter, flash drive, headphones, and an extra usb cord in it.

$81.99
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
Rate and Discover Movies