5.0 out of 5 stars Yum!
The day after I received this cookbook, I used the recipes to make cole slaw and the lemon pound cake. I have a love-hate relationship with cole slaw. Usually it is so creamy you can't appreciate the flavor of the veggies in it. David's recipe was perfect for me, it contains red onions and red cabbage, which spice it up, and the apple cider vinegar mixed with mayo and...
Published on October 19, 2012 by Sammy Madison

3.0 out of 5 stars So so
I was expecting more pictures of the recipes. Disappointed since all the hype when they were getting ready to put this out.
Published 21 months ago by Coffee Lover

‹ Previous | 1 2 311 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Bit of David's Home in My Home, January 1, 2014
This review is from: In the Kitchen with David: QVC's Resident Foodie Presents Comfort Foods That Take You Home (Hardcover)
I bought this cookbook for my mother as a birthday present in 2013. I initially saw it on qvc.com as he works for QVC. I was fortunate to find it here for a lower price (my shipping and handling was free because I bought several other items to get me over $25). Since then, Mom and I have made several recipes from this cookbook. The first two we made were homemade buttermilk biscuits and a cheesy hashbrown casserole. Then, we made a homemade peach cobbler for the 4th of July. For my 25th birthday in November 2013, Mom made me the triple layer chocolate cake. All of these recipes were hits and we can't wait to make more!

4.0 out of 5 stars Love David's recipes, December 19, 2012
I really enjoy these recipes but the print IS too light on the pages....sometimes I need to use a magnifying glass just to read the words...otherwise, this book is a keeper!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sight Unseen I Was Destined To Love This Book, November 2, 2012
On Sunday, I usually gravitate to QVC and In The Kitchen With David. David Venable is the resident foodie at the TV retailer and they couldn't have gotten a better person to pitch their kitchen items. Invariably, Venable incorporates the Network's wares as he whips up delectable tidbits and full meals. If there is anyone out there that you know would give you a fabulous meal if you were invited to their home for dinner, it would be Paula Deen or David Venable. By the way, Paula Dean authored the foreword to this book, but the recipes are from David Venable.
This book has a ton of great tasting and easy to execute recipes, with simple instructions and readily available ingredients. The color photographs are guaranteed to get you salivating as one thumbs through this cookbook. So far I've made a super moist and tasty pound cake that opened my sense of smell to the fragrance of lemons, a light coleslaw that is magnificently seasoned and veggie divine without being bogged down in a heavy mayonnaise, light and crispy buttermilk brined fried chicken, succulent meatloaf, and my absolute favorite mac and cheese topped with applewood smoked bacon.
Appetizers, salads, soups, main dishes, and deserts.....this book has it all.
The recipes are decidedly non-diet and won't win any skinny girl accolades, but eaten judicially in small servings this book is a culinary delight that says love, home, and comfort. I fantasize about being housebound in winter and cooking my heart out. Oops, there goes my weight.

5.0 out of 5 stars My family/friends won't give it back ;o), November 12, 2014
Ceme "Bookworm" (Pennsylvania USA) - See all my reviews
First loaned this book to my sister the day I received it, she didn't give it back for about 1 month. Then my co-worker asked to see it, that was about a month ago! My sister keeps telling me to cook stuff from the book that I cannot get my hands back on ;o) My co-worker says this is a great book, but I still haven't gotten to see it yet ;o) I'm so excited, can't wait to browse ;o)

4.0 out of 5 stars In the Kitchen with David - Comfort Foods, February 13, 2013
I enjoyed this cookbook. Read it more like a story with recipes than a cookbook.
Watch every Sunday so I feel like I got to know him more.

5.0 out of 5 stars David presents comfort is a must have!, October 30, 2012
I love this book - so colorful ! When you follow a career of someone so dear makes his dishes so fun to make not to mention their are so good - full of tips and he uses regular everyday ingredients - just one wish - my 60 year old eyes needs larger more defined print in the book (hard back copy) I got the online version for my iPad and iPhone so I can get what I need to cook the recipes before I come home from work! Thank you David ... Continued fan for the long term

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Recipes !!!!!!, May 27, 2014
I love this book !!!!!!! Great recipes. It is a great book for families. I would love to try all of the recipes, eventually. So happy with my purchase !!! Thank you !!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars So so, February 28, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfort food meets a little pizzazz, November 13, 2014
I love in the kitchen with David cookbook it's awesome has great recipes!!! It's not an every day cookbook it's more of a special occasions cookbook. It's not diet friendly but it is delicious and friendly to the taste buds!!!! I love watching David on QVC he has such a great personality and his spirit shines through in his recipes they're Comfort food meets a little pizzazz. I love it and I'm glad that I bought this book I gave it five stars if you order this book you need to make the Ultimate game -day chili it's out of this world!!

5.0 out of 5 stars David V Book Revirw, February 24, 2014
Bette Froebel (LYTLE, TEXAS, US) - See all my reviews
This book is wonderful and for all levels of cooks. The instructions are easy and clear. The recipes are fabulous and delicious. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who loves to cook and wants to successfully make David Venable's recipes.
Bette Froebel