Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Format: MP3 Music|Change
Price:$9.49

on August 26, 2005
For all those who have no idea who living sacrifice is, they are a christian metal band. I recommend this band for anyone under the age of 25. In my opinion there is no one in the christian industry that are as hardcore as these guys. These guys don't hold back lyrically or musically. This is not the band you want for your average sunday service. The lyrics on most of LS albums are all good. This is a good beginner cd for the person who knows nothing of LS or christian metal. The cd basically contains greatest hits of most of their albums and a few new ones. This band is NOT for faint of heart. Most parents will have a heart attack upon the first listen to this band. This is not your grandmother's old gospel record.

To all those that are used to listening to praise and worship music; may the God of grace, mercy, and comfort give thee strength as your insides are abrubtly destroyed upon listening to this cd.

I recommend this band to christians as well as non-christians.

If this cd is to soft for some hardcore listeners, please buy hammering process by LS. You will not be dissapointed.
on March 31, 2005
Right off the bat, the 3 new tracks will blow you away. They have more of a death feel which is great. There's so much creative potential left in these guys its a shame they called it quits. But at least they went out on fire. I hadn't heard any of the material before Reborn, so this collection was a real treat for me. I found that as much as I love Fitzhugh's voice, DJ could definitely deliver. So now I'm gonna purchase the rest of LS' catalogue. Definite classics.
on August 8, 2005
Ok, well the first time that I had heard these guys, it was off a couple of cd's called godcore chronicles (they are now rare). The songs that I heard off those cd's (I don't have them anymore so I don't know the names) I wasn't impressed by. Now I didn't listen to them after that because if I get a bad impression by a band, I don't pay any attention to them again.

Well, I saw them play at the Newport in Columbus, Ohio for the Hammering Process album. I had gone to see a band named Stavesacre and another (the headliner) Project 86. LS blew both other bands away, in spite of the fact that their set was only about 45 minutes long. Bloodwork is amazing live! They had two drummers, one traditional, the other playing a sort of tribal setup. They both played the exact beats at the same times. It made the music so much cooler and heavier. I was so impressed that I never even went down to the mosh pit, I just watched. These guys are very technical.

Well, this album should be the best way to get a good overall idea of what the band sounds like. However, I own Concieved in fire, Reborn, and the Hammering Process and they are all excellent. HP is my favorite, though. Newcomers, here's the best place to start.

P.S. If you like sweet breakdowns and heavy throaty vocals, check out Zao. Best vocal ever! Any of the last 5 albums are great, but their concept album Funeral of God is pretty amazing (these guys are my favorite hardcore metal band). So is liberate en ex inferis (aconcept album of 5 deadly sins, 2 songs for each; means save yourself from hell).

Also check out As I lay Dying and the Agony Scene.

Enjoy and never forget your roots.
on January 6, 2013
living sacrifice is one of the best heavy bands in general, but the difference is when you listen to their stuff.....you don't have to hear negative lyrics. the vocals are brutal. it's a contradiction that they sound so intense, but have a basis of spirituality and Christian faith. in memoriam, as well as all their albums are awesome!
on October 12, 2005
I remember where I was the first time I heard LS. It was in Sioux Falls, SD. I was 15 years old and in my friend Michael's car at the McDonald's drive through. Michael popped in their first TAPE. At that point I fell in love! They have been my favorite ever since.

I bought this CD the day it came out. Good selections from each CD and very happy with "Enthroned '98" being on the CD as the only place that was available previously was on a Solid State compilation CD. The only song I really thought should be on this disc that wasn't is "Perfect" from "The Hammering Process" but I am not going to complain.

Even though I have like them from the beginning I personally prefer everything from "Reborn" to "Conceived in Fire" the best. It is nice to have all the styles together to here how they changed musically over the years. I also really like the 3 new tunes. Excellent addition to the LS tradition of excellence.
on March 29, 2005
Ah, Living Sacrifice has finally come out w/a greatest hits album and its amazing! I love all there songs they selected for the cd and I think the 3 new tracks just add to the metalness of the whole cd. Like the bands slogan says Let The Metal Onslought Begin! It brings back good'ol memories when Bruce would scream away and Lance would pound away and the thunderus sounds of Rocky on his guitar and the bass of Arthur and the percussion of Matt makes me really miss this band a lot! Well I will really miss the band and they left a great legacy for the christian metal scene to step up to! If it wasn't for this band I honestly think Christian Metal wouldn't be were it is today and you know the best thing is that they choose to do it all for God. So go and get this cd b/c its so awesome!
on August 8, 2008
I kept hearing from the guys in Demon Hunter constantly talk about how Living Sacrifice has influenced their music. I checked into their greatest hits album 'IN MEMORIAM' not really knowing what I was getting myself into. It turns out that Living Sacrifice is among one of the first Christian death metal bands ever conceived bringing in thrash metal mixed with screaming vocals. In-Your-Face lyrics mixed with fast hitting drums and some of the best heavy guitar riffs ever put together by a band working in the Christian market. LS starts off the album on a high note with three brand new songs made exclusively for this release "In Christ," "The Power of God," and "Killers." Some of their best songs include the hit singles "Reject," "Bloodwork," "Send Your Regrets," and "Symbiotic." If you are a Christian or someone who loves hardcore death metal, you need to check out Living Sacrifice. Also for fans of Demon Hunter, Haste The Day, Zao, and Becoming The Archetype.
on November 29, 2008
Lets get this out of the way first. They are christian. That doesn't however mean that they cannot be better then some other "main stream" artists. It just means that they are "clean." When I say clean I mean it in the sense that they don't curse to get their point made. They have a very brutal sound, almost an industrial feel to them. They scream a lot. If that isn't your cup of tea, then either don't bother, or try it out.

In Memoriam specifically, this is basically their "greatest hits". They have some of my favorites one of them being, "Bloodwork". Try em' out metal lovers, you might just like them. p.s. they are not a speed metal band, more of heavy hammer ons.
on January 23, 2008
This is a must-have for anyone wanting to begin listening to L.S.'s lengthy musical reppotoire. There are two songs from every one of their releases, so you should be able to decide which other albums you'd like to buy from listening to the songs on this one. L.S. has been rocking Christ for over a decade and as you will find out by listening to this album, their sound has "kaleidoscoped" ranging from Thrashy Death Metal to down-right brutal Metalcore. Their lyrics are rich with the Gospel and, effectively, give the Devil a black eye. This album is fun through and through.
on February 10, 2006
And something for those who have all of their albums.This is a good collection of all their work.It includes two songs from every album(including the thrash and death years),the remake of Enthroned , which was originaly on This Is Solid State 1,and three new songs.As for the new songs,they're pretty sick,especially Killers.It is in the gothenberg style ,so it is all good.In Christ and Power of God are solid too.If you are just starting to get into Living Sacrifice or into metal go get this one.Of course if you own their other stuff,get this for the new songs.