Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc blink-182 Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on December 28, 2011
Great book. Wonderful illustrations. My students really liked the book. I used this book as a springboard for my students to write a book called "No November". (For example... No green grass, No swimming in pools, etc.)
on September 10, 2014
This story was simply alright. I purchased it as part of a pre-k extra reading curriculum recommendation. Since my children and I like this Cynthia Rylant's "Snow" and "When the Relatives Came," I was thinking we would also love this. We are not in love with this book. It is simply 'OK.' It didn't capture their imaginations or stimulate their thinking/creativity like her other books we have read. But, I suppose, that is what the month of November is...kind of dull, boring and unstimulating.
on November 2, 2005
This is such an enchanting book to read to a child! The illustrations (realistic in style) are beautiful and the text is lyrical, reflecting the mood of the season perfectly. My son loves this book and I love reading it to him. The pictures and story remind us both of the family gatherings that are so much a part of November and December. We read many books together and this is one of our lasting favorites.
on October 19, 2008
Reviewed by Jamie Driggers

In November, the colorful leaves dot the ground and the air is crisp. Animals gather for warmth and sleep and people gather to eat and give thanks. The earth prepares for winter and looks forward to spring.

This picture book is warm and soothing. The colors are rich and blurred and the words blend together to give a dozy feeling. As the earth begins to drift off to sleep, little ones may as well. This is a sleepy book, a calming book and I believe it is meant to be read in soft, slow tones. The words find a rhythm, though there is not rhyme to speak of and the feel of the illustrations match the feel of the lines.

This is a nice read aloud for the autumn and naptime, cuddled up under blankets and by a crackling fire. This is not a playtime book, a loud book, a busy book-but it is a nice book. It has the potential to be the standard fall read for many, many years to come.

Armchair Interviews agrees
on September 28, 2008
Beautiful book for children. It is a must-have for those who like to inspire questions about seasonal changes. Our children love this book. The illustrations are truly special---full of color and lets little minds wonder about what happens during the transition into winter. I highly recommend this book.
on August 7, 2014
The fall and Thanksgiving is one of our family's favorite celebrations- this book gently honors the beauty of this season of the year. We are glad to have this as a part of our book collection.
on December 19, 2015
This is a beautifully written and illustrated book. It was a gift to my 3 yr old granddaughter. She loves learning about animals getting ready for winter and is captured by the lovely art.
on January 20, 2016
This is such a beautiful book, it's basically a poem set to pictures. A nice one to read and re-read and then pull out some paints and imitate the art work.
on March 19, 2010
A very colourful Book and my children certainly enjoyed Reading the book. The children enjoyed seeing the animals in it and what autumn makes the animals do
on February 16, 2013
I purchased this book for my fourth and fifth grade students to enjoy, but being such a fan of Cynthia Rylant I read it multiples times a year. Enjoy!