4.0 out of 5 stars Adam and Eve In the Garden of Good or Evil...
Published on July 26, 2007 by Angelia Menchan

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good
I bought this book with the hopes that it would be worth reading. Im going to say that it sucked. I read the entire book and was not impressed. If your looking for something with nothing but stupid violence then this is your book. It had a horrible story line. Hard to get into. I would not suggest this book to anyone.
Published on August 22, 2009 by J. Hogue

4.0 out of 5 stars Adam and Eve In the Garden of Good or Evil..., July 26, 2007
In the Beginning by F. D. Davis is book one in a series of vampire novels. Adam Omega, the anti-hero, is a startlingly handsome man who was once mortal. In fact, he was once a priest. Since becoming one of the undead, he has become extraordinarily successful and powerful. In many ways he still lives a Godly life, supporting the church and giving to the needy. He has been content with his life until he sees Eve. Immediately he is drawn to her in a way he has never been drawn to a woman, since the death of his one true love, Eyanna, over a thousand years before.

Eve, a library employee, has been consumed with dreams about a nameless, faceless man. She is afraid of and consumed by the passions that the man has evoked in her. To deal with her desires, she has become involved with Eric, the son of a priest. Her prayer is that the benign Eric will help her quell the desires in her. She has done okay until she meets Adam, who immediately takes over her sleeping and waking hours.

Adam invades Eve's life. He becomes obsessed with her and nothing stops his pursuit of making her his, consuming her. He appears everywhere she goes, even church. He has not only invaded her mind but her soul. Eve does everything in her power to quell the attraction but nothing works. She feels Adam is evil incarnate but she cannot avoid the pull he has for her. Ms. Davis has skillfully written a love story that is timeless and does a great job of exploring the struggle between good and evil.

In the Beginning is my first foray into vampire literature and I must admit I was intrigued from the first paragraph. I would recommend this book to those already interested in the genre and to those willing to give it a try.

Angelia Menchan
APOOO BookClub

4.0 out of 5 stars (RAW Rating: 4.5) - Eternal Soul Mates, November 22, 2007
The RAWSISTAZ Reviewers (RAWSISTAZ.com and BlackBookReviews.net) - See all my reviews
IN THE BEGINNING takes everything you've ever been told about vampires and puts them all to the test. Adam Omega had gained a sense of heightened power over the time that he had spent exploring the world trying to find a love that would replace his first. But, what happens when Adam tests all of the rules he made for everyone to follow?

Adam gave up a lot to be with his young wife, from walking away from the church to becoming what he was to save his young wife, but when she took her love away from him he was beside himself. So when he meets Eve Moses and discovers who she really is, he has no choice, but to revisit his past. Eve grew up being told she was evil and to overcome that evil she had to make amends with God and live a life of goodness. However, what is meant to be will prevail because of karma. When Eve becomes Adam's weakness, those around him find themselves in a battle against those who have chosen to go against Adam. With good intentions in his heart, Adam realizes that sometimes being good isn't enough.

F.D. Davis takes you on an adventurous ride as you read about Adam's love and his determination to have his lover for eternity. While the book has a slow start, by the sixth chapter you're hooked until the end. Davis definitely has won me over on Adam Omega and I can't wait to see what's next.

Reviewed by Missy Brown
for The RAWSISTAZ Reviewers

5.0 out of 5 stars A vampire love story, July 22, 2007
Firstoff, I'd like to say that I had never read a book like this that dealt with vampires or the like. I truly enjoyed this book. I felt like a volleyball with my emotions swinging in favor of Adam and then against him for what he stood for. I had a soft spot for him for where he came from and why he became a vampire. It's a very emotional and touching story (although you wouldn't think so). Eve's life is torn apart as a result of her connection with Adam and the author was very thorough in giving us a picture of what she was feeling as well as Adam. I underatand this a series and if so, I can't wait for the next copy. I have been a fan of Dyanne Davis and now more so.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good, August 22, 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars An Outstanding New Voice in Paranormal Fiction, September 6, 2007
F. D. Davis has done an amazing job crafting the story of Adam Omega, an arrogant overly powerful vampire, and his obsession, Eve. From the moment I started reading the novel until I read the last sentence, I was glued to the page. The prose was captivating and Davis's gift for story telling shines through. What would you do if your dreams and soon even your waking moments were taken over by a man that exudes danger and an unresistable sexual draw? What would you do if you found yourself suddenly heart and soul deep in a centuries old love affair and every molecule in you called out to a man you loved and left lifetimes ago?

At it's core this novel takes the age old battle between good and evil and blurs the lines so astutely you won't be able to pick a clear side. There is no black and white accuracy here, only bold, breathtaking, blood chilling shades of gray. As I read this novel I couldn't help but think of the wonderful author, Octavia Butler who left us too soon. Davis has created the same kinds of larger than life characters that Butler created in her Patternist Series with Doro and Anyanwu. We are just meeting Adam and Eve. And Davis has just given us a taste of what promises to be an exciting new paranormal series. But oh what a ride it promises to be. After reading F. D. Davis's IN THE BEGINNING: A VAMPIRE SERIES, I am convinced we have a wonderful and bold new voice in paranormal fiction to look forward to. And I can't wait to see what else that voice has to say. I strongly recommend this novel. Kudos F. D. Davis. Job well done!

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright, March 19, 2010
I had purchased book two at the same time as this therefore it's hard to review the book since I read both of them before venturing here.

Book 1 ---
I loved the fact that Adam was a vampire and a mean one - no sugar coating here. However, once he found Eve, he developed a soft spot. This was the story of Adam's one true love coming back to him after 1000 years. He's located her soul in a mortal's body - a mortal named Eve. Now he must convince her they have a bond, that there are such things as vampires and a whole new world she knows nothing about.

All in all, it's ok. Normally I read a book this size in 2-3 days - this took me double that time - it didn't hold my attention and wasn't as action packed as I had hoped. FD Davis laid a solid foundation and created interesting characters but as the book started to spiral at the half and by the 4th quarter, it had lost its appeal. It's progress was slow and Eve's character was pathetic at times. Adam is the only strength in this book - funny, stunning and ruthless.

As noted above, I had book 2 already - for my review, I'd have to say that if I hadn't purchased book 2, I probably wouldn't have after reading this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars In the Beginning- A Joyfully Recommended Title, December 14, 2008
A fallen priest who gave up his mortality for the woman he loved Adam Omega hasn't know such a deep connection since his beloved Eyanna decided death was more welcoming than living with a creature such as himself. With the ability to walk in the sun, Adam has inspired a legion of those whom not only envy his power but fear his greatness. Nothing could have prepared Adam for Eve. A woman with the spirit of his long dead wife, who calls to his soul and causes him to break every rule he's lived his immortal life by.

As Eve struggles to come to terms with the wealthy vampire who makes obsession seem like a simple word, Adam's enemies plot to use his one weakness against him, his love/hate relationship with Eve the only being with the power to cripple him. The resolve of a vampire will be tested by the woman who is powerful in her own right and unwilling to allow even the strongest of vampires to bend her to his will.

In a series sure to rival some of the best vampire lore available, the all consuming love of an immortal will send one human woman to the brink of madness. In the Beginning is ,as it states, the inception of the love story of Adam Omega and Eve. Eve is a human woman who i has the spirit of Adam's wife but with a personality of her own. With a strength that far outweighs her predecessor's, Eve refuses to give in the lull of Adam without a fight. Using her own gifts she brings an excitement to Adam's world that he never foresaw in his wildest dreams.

F.D. Davis created a being that I'm sure will leave readers with more ill feelings than not. Abusive in his treatment of Eve because of a deep-rooted anger he still harbors for his dead wife and the refusal of Eve to come to him easily, Adam on more than one occasion made me pause. Not in a good way either! This is not a gentle love story filled with wooing and passionate embraces. It is however a battle of wills between to people, a powerful vampire and Eve a woman who with her keen mind and body withstands what would send the average woman to her demise.

In between getting to know each other and fighting to stay on top these two actually fall in love. A love laced with fear, danger and threat but one just as strong as the two beings sharing it. F.D. Davis did a phenomenal job of stepping outside the norm and bringing to light a tale that captivates and tantalizes. I look forward to the next installment because like most exceptional series the final scene leaves you anxiously wondering what will come next. For digging deep inside her creative soul and providing readers with a story that forces you outside your comfort zone, I Joyfully Recommend In the Beginning as a December's Recommended Read.

Indy
Reviewed for Joyfully Reviewed

5.0 out of 5 stars New vampire on the block, July 20, 2008
In F.D. Davis's dark novel, In the Beginning, Adam Omega propels this thrilling tale of creatures-of-the night. You have never met a man, excuse me, a vampire like Adam Omega. Reading this, Adam would say, `Yeah, lady, get it right. I am a vampire!' Adam is different from Anne Rice's Lastat and L.A. Banks's Rivera.

The story opens in 1005 A.D. Adam is a priest and gives up his priesthood to marry the love of his life, Eyanna. The local townspeople believe her be a witch because of her ability to heal. Already alienated from his God yet not entirely from his faith, Adam volunteers to be turned into an immortal to save his wife from being burned at the stake. To his horror, events turn against him. What happens next sets the stage for the rest of Adam's eternal life.

Davis brings the story into today and Adam is still grieving over the lost of Eyanna. He believes that the mortal lady Eve that he meets in church (yes, in church), is Eyanna reincarnated.

Eve is also frighten of Adam, believes him to be evil. Her emotions swing between love and hate for the vampire. (Is hate a ramification of love? I wonder.) But that does not deter Adam from his quest to reclaim his wife through Eve. His confusion about Eyanna and Eve turns into a nightmare for Adam and Eve. She may well be Eyanna's reincarnation. Eve's quest to save Adam and strengthen her wavering belief in God aligns her with Eyanna. But will she lose her soul in this quadrilateral perplexity? It becomes a battle of wills and faith, Adam's being the strongest and Eve coming very close behind. I could go on but will stop here. You decide.

I was totally involved with In the Beginning. The issues are clear: true love is forever, faith is shaken and best of all, even immortals have a soul and a sense of right and wrong.

If you are willing to suspend your logic, you will enjoy this interesting tale of love. Looks like F.D. Davis has a vampire series on her hands. I look forward to more from Adam Omega.

Minnie E Miller
Author

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible Read, August 14, 2007
A. Santiago (Orlando, Florida) - See all my reviews
This book was exceptional. It was my first ever paranormal purchase and so well crafted that Adam Omega managed to creep into my dreams! I cannot wait for the next book in this series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't Put This Book Down!!!!, October 20, 2007
F.D.Davis (Dyanne Davis) continues to astound this reader! I would never have thought she would write such a great paranormal book! And not because she doesn't have the talent because she does! The character of Adam I grew to hate and to love....is he a reflection of us as a people? Have we become "vampires" in that "feed' and take without regard of each other, are oblivious to the human condition? Eve's character reflects something in us all....our need for forgiveness...for redemption. She fights the good fight as we all try to do. This book definitely gives food for thought, much like LA Banks Vampire Huntress series also does. But vampires is the only thing these two authors have in common. This book is definitely something that nightmares are generated from! I cannot wait for the next in the series. Let's see where Adam and Eve take us this time!

In The Beginning: A Vampire Series
In The Beginning: A Vampire Series by F. D. Davis (Paperback - June 18, 2007)
$10.95 $4.38