Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: In These Times
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Subscription Length: 1 year|Change
Price:$19.95+ Free shipping

on September 10, 2003
Very informative magazine that scrutinizes a wide variety of political topics and current affairs, from American homeland to the remotest jungles abroad, all with their own unique perspective and viewpoint that runs moderate to left.
The writing and topics are engaging, current, and well researched and the editors not afraid to call things as they see fit.
Put down the Cosmo for later, and read a few articles you won't find on the TV mainstream news. after all.. knowlege is power.
on June 29, 2008
If you are looking for an informative monthly on the left In These Times (ITT) offers thought-provoking commentary and articles that are pithy but not skimpy (a characteristic I sometimes find of the weekly The Nation).

Most importantly, ITT reports on labor every issue, an important component of the left, that is often neglected by other magazines of the left.

In These Times is a magazine that may be harder to find in a library. If you are interested, I suggest first visiting their website which allows you to read portions of the current magazine without paying anything.

The price for the magazine is very reasonable, and I personally find the magazine content more diverse and interesting than The Progressive.
on April 18, 2013
Definitely an interesting read, no matter what you think about the points of view expressed. Good magazine to read on a cold night.
on October 18, 2012
I just finished my first issue and am not so crazy about it. I consider myself pretty liberal, but this is waaayy left of where I'm at. It's not that I disagree with any of the positions the magazine takes, its just that it is very slanted in its opinion (and it is pretty much ALL opinion) and seems targeted toward people who are active activists. I like to be informed, but I prefer to hear all sides of an issue so I can make an informed decision. I was hoping for a news magazine that goes a little more in depth than, say, Time Magazine. But this doesn't seem so much a news magazine as it is a progressive/liberal opinion magazine. It is well written, but not what I was hoping for.
on May 18, 2005
My fiance got me a subscription for my bday (I asked four it) and I love this magazine. It is very informative and covers a lot of issues. The magazine contains a great balance of different issues from different places. I like to read the articles about world news because I see less and less of that in the main stream media. Enjoy this wonderful magazine!
on April 3, 2004
Although I'd spend money on I.T.T. rather than Mother Jones or
The Nation, you should still be aware that this periodical DOES
espouse or condone abortion as part of its women's rights issues.
Although women's suffrage is commendable, abortion is decidedly
not PC (nor do children believe in divorce). I had to say this.
That said, DO by all means subscribe to I.T.T. for news and views
which you won't likely get elsewhere (without spending mad hours)
Allow me to recommend a second magazine, this one a free monthly,
entitled "The Philadelphia Trumpet", or The Trumpet, which only
can be had by requesting a printed-copy subscription via e-mail,
snail-mail, or 800 number. Their slant or perspective is not very
holier-than-thou (although your radar will sense a bit), and they
cover current events + future trends with a Biblical perspective.
It's most definitely NOT "stuffy", although some articles aren't
suitable for a reader who has a short attention span or is stoned
at the moment. Their site (Protestant sect or cult) address is
thetrumpet.com They do-NOT attempt to pry money out of you. *****
I quote from the publisher's website RE "In These Times" biweekly
"About In These Times
In These Times is a national, biweekly magazine of news and opinion published in Chicago. For 27 years, In These Times has provided groundbreaking coverage of the labor movement, environment, feminism, grassroots politics, minority communities and the media. In These Times features award-winning investigative reporting about corporate malfeasance and government wrongdoing, insightful analysis of national and international affairs, and sharp cultural criticism about events and ideas that matter."