Around the World in 80 Plates 1 Season 2012
Amazon Instant Video
1. London Calling Twelve Chefs begin the journey of a lifetime in London, England. On The Course, the chefs race in a pub crawl to win the Exceptional Ingredient. For The Takeover, the teams are sent to Gastropubs where they serve up authentic dishes to the British diners.…
2. Forget Paris The eleven remaining chefs are off to Lyon where The Course will take them through the Beaujolais countryside. For The Takeover, the teams run bistros and serve traditional Lyonnais dishes. Gregory Cuilleron serves as local food expert.
3. Something Smells Fishy On The Course in Spain, the chefs' knife skills are tested when they work alongside local fishermen on the docks of Barcelona. As they settle into their journey, the competition starts to get fierce and the banter is not so friendly. José Andrés serves as…
4. In and Out of Africa The chefs are off to Marrakech where The Course takes them on a perilous trip through the Medina. For The Takeover, the teams prepare a local favorite, tagine. Chef Moha Fedal serves as local food expert.
5. Tale of Two Villas In Florence, the Course starts with a scavenger hunt where the chefs get firsthand experience on the traditions of the local cuisine. With their new knowledge, they head to beautiful villas in the rolling hills of Tuscany to create Tuscan cuisine for the…
6. Ciao Down The chefs shift gears and head north to Bologna where they tackle the local favorite, tortellini. Tempers flare between two chefs over past grievances and one of contestants is intent on taking a teammate down. Paul Bartolotta serves as local food expert.
7. Thai Breaker Exotic Thai markets and muddy rice paddies overwhelm one contestant, throwing her off course. The chefs hit the Thai streets to convince skeptical locals that their food is authentic.
8. Feeding the Demon The adventure continues as the contestants are forced to face "The Demon chef" and his gastronomically innovative cuisine. A teammate's lack of passion brings one contestant to a breaking point.
9. Cry for Me Argentina The chefs head south to take on the holy grail of South American cuisine: the Empanada. One chef nearly goes down in flames in the knockout battle to see who makes it to the final round while another's plan to send a competitor packing backfires.
10. A Winner Comes Home The final 3 chefs embark on the most important journey yet, the quest for ultimate victory. The contestants face their toughest critics yet, as the judges are a veritable who's who of Los Angeles' culinary community. It takes a trek from Southern to Northern…
|Producers||Zakaria Alaoui, Cassidy Bernhard, Mark Hunter Braun, Sandra J. Ciccone, Kellie Dancho, Blake Davis, Wolfgang Delgado, Chaz Gray, Casey Kriley, Laurel Mick, Scott Patch, Erica Ross, Jennifer Roth, Michael Rucker, Lindsay Russell, Anthony Sylvester|
|Purchase rights||Stream instantly and download to 2 locations Details|
|Format||Amazon Instant Video (streaming online video and digital download)|
Interesting premise and good fun so far. Hated the drinking challenge in London, however - keep it about food !Published 1 month ago by KB
Loved this show. Saw the entire series as it aired and then had to get it to watch again. I don't love reality tv but do love cooking and travel shows.Published 1 month ago by Nunya Bidnes
This was a terrific series. I am sorry that there aren't more like it.Published 1 month ago by midnitepoet
I watched the entire first season as it aired on television and found it to be a terrific blend of cooking competition shows (e.g. Top Chef) and travel competition shows (e.g. Read morePublished on August 10, 2012 by Girlfriend Recommends
Never have such a dull group of people been selected to appear together in a reality t.v. series. Part Top Chef, part Amazing Race this show does not succeed with either format. Read morePublished on May 31, 2012 by A in Scottsdale