5.0 out of 5 stars 99.9%Satisfied!
Published on November 13, 2009 by A. Cox

Customer Video Review     Length:: 4:04 Mins
Published 15 months ago by by Angela

1.0 out of 5 stars Lil characters unisex-baby infant lion costume, brown, 6-12 months, September 17, 2013
Length:: 4:04 Mins

Okay, I rarely do these reviews, but I felt I had to share with everyone the kind of costume I received. If i could i would not give any stars. Well, it was nothing like what they are advertising. The material and colors are WAAAY different. I feel that when I pay a high price for something I sould recieve a high quality product. Not so with this retailer. Also, on the package it says is not by Lil Characters but by Incharacter costumes. The one thing that it correct is that it is in fact 6-12 month size and the picture on the package is the same cute little infant shown on this page depicting the Lil lion costume. Very very disappointing. Also, the costume sheds just like the other reviewers said it did on here, and the tail is way shorter than shown in the picture.

I took pictures so everyone can see exactly what I got. I just hope amazon lets me post them. I don't see a link where I can do that.

I will be returning this and hoping to find the exact costume shown on the page.

I also uploaded a video.

5.0 out of 5 stars 99.9%Satisfied!, November 13, 2009
This costume was absolutely adorable on my 13 month old. I bought the 12-18 mos size and it worked out perfectly. Everywhere he went in this costume, people could not help but comment on how cute he looked. My only negative comment is that when I received the costume, the lion's mane, around the face, shed a lot of loose pieces from when the mane was cut. It seemed like it was one solid piece and the cuts were made, but the material that frayed was not cleaned out. I sat down on two separate occasions and pulled all the loose pieces out of the mane. I finally got them all after a couple attempts. It did not continue to shed, it was just full of loose pieces from the original cutting process. I haven't washed the costume yet, so I can't comment on how well it stands up to the washer and dryer. Overall, I would recommend this costume! I loved how my son's face stood out with that curly lion's mane around it. He had Halloween portraits taken in this costume with his twin sister, who was a pink bunny. SO CUTE!!! I don't like animal costumes that have a hood with the animal's eyes, nose and mouth on top of the hood. I like for my child's face to represent the animal's face. This lion costume was just what I wanted. Aside from loose pieces left over from the cutting process, I was Very satisfied with this costume.

5.0 out of 5 stars Order with confidence!!, September 17, 2014
I wanted to write a recent review for this product because some of the good ones (with customer pics) were all old. I bought this for halloween this year (2014) and ordered early in case I needed to return. I think the product is very close to the product image! The tail is long and has wire the entire length. The mane on the headpiece is full and nice quality. The outfit is nice and has snaps in the legs and a zipper down the back which seems to be an improvement from older versions. The fit is also very true to size!
I will include pictures if I can determine how.

2.0 out of 5 stars mommy likes it, baby doesn't, October 13, 2010
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
I was hoping my 1 year old wouldn't mind the big mane since she doesn't mind hats, but she can't move her head easily in this and tries the entire time to pull it off. Also, the mane sheds everywhere, and my baby tries to eat the fuzzies that come off. And the bodysuit is way too short on her. I ordered 12-18 months, which is what she wears now in normal clothes. My advice is to buy a different costume even though this is super cute!!

5.0 out of 5 stars For an 20 month old boy, October 8, 2014
It fits just like I thought it would. We bought my son the 18-2T size one to go along with our Wizard of OZ theme. The outfit fits a little bit but Halloween isn't for 3 weeks. The only thing that I don't like is that the tail is hard to form. But that's more of a personal prefernce thing that anything.

1.0 out of 5 stars Returned it, September 26, 2013
I returned it. It looked used. It did not look like the product in the pictures at all. The material was different as was the color and overall qualify.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love, love, September 26, 2014
The only thing about this costume is the zipper. It broke the very first time trying to zip it up. But for the price we'll just put a snap or Velcro on it. People, this is the absolutely the cutest costume , have to fluff it up a while, but that is because of the way it is shipped. I love , love , love it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice Costume, November 15, 2010
We bought this lion outfit for our son and he looked very cute in it. But it seems like they cut a few too many corners making it.

One major issue is that the feet were way too small (The opening, not the foot itself) so it was near impossible to get a shoe in it. We had to destroy the binding around the foot to get the shoe in it. I live in the midwest and taking your kid out when it's 40 degrees with no shoes is unacceptable. So that was a major turn off.

The second issue is that the cute tail they show in the photo has a wire in it. I was hoping for that so you could get that tail up in the air while he walks around. But of course, making it as cheap as possible the wire is sewn into the the tail ONLY (the wire ends at the body) so it just flops down on the ground. Why on earth wouldn't they sew a bit of wire into the costume to hold the tail up? Otherwise, what's the point? We had to safety pin the tail to his back and that made the costume bunch up around that safety pin and made my son miserable wrestling a poor fitting costume, while trying to walk down the street with us.

So here it is in a nutshell, the costume is very cute. (It is pretty much the head that sells it, the rest looks like PJs) But the costume had some pretty major design flaws that seem to me to be common sense. So I would probably buy another one, but buy it early and fix the issues. A little TLC and the costume would have been very nice.

I hope that helps those of you that are wondering the same things we were.

1.0 out of 5 stars False Advertizing, November 1, 2012
I ordered this costume for my 2 year old daughter... my toddler does look cute in it, BUT the quality is just not what the picture is showing!!!! the hair part of the the lion's head is not the soft furry texture but is actually made of some cheap cotton fur that comes off as fur balls every 5 mins around her mouth, the color is one flat color (not varying as it is being shown) and the it has only two layers of the folding hair, not three at the bottom as it is shown on the photo. my baby is little small for her age, the body suit fit fine (so it runs little small) BUT the head part was way too big. Total rip-off, over-priced costume. Baby is going to look cute in pretty much anything, but this company is totally abusing it, thinking the parents would be satified with this piece of junk. i would NOT recommend this product for anybody.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute concept- size not working, October 15, 2013
C. Ervin (Chattanooga, TN) - See all my reviews
my 4 month old didn't want this on his head... at all!
Also the size is 6 month, my son wears everything that's 6 mo, but this is more like a size 9 month or 12 month.
The clasp at the neck is nowhere close to closing, I can either start making alterations on both our costumes, or completely switch costumes and make my own for the same amount of time.
I'm thinking we'll be vintage batman instead of wizard of oz

InCharacter Unisex-baby Infant Lion Costume