Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on July 24, 2012
I have used this product in my home and friends that have asked me to install a disposer in theres. First question I ask - how many time in the life of your home do you want to be buying and installing a disposer? That pretty well discribes this machine - you will only have to do this one time and you will smile every time it turns on, now or a decade from now.
on October 13, 2012
I agree with all the excellent ratings - but be sure to order the connector cable, this needs more emphasis in the Excel ad. The rubber protector insert that does come with it works so well that water backs up a bit in the sink if it isn't regularly cleared (not a complaint) Overall, a very effective way to dispatch your relative-or-neighbor-from-hell and no one will hear it, even in the next room.
on July 3, 2012
Arrived quickly using Amazons 2 day service. Product is total quality. Super quiet, so quiet you have to strain to hear it running. This is the top of the line disposal and the price was great through Amazon!
on March 3, 2013
I love this as much as a man can love a machine. It is incredibly quiet and takes all the food you can put in it. I almost could not believe it was working because I could not hear it run. I installed it myself and was pleased with how easy it was to do. One note - make sure you buy the power cord or have a working one from your previous disposal. I found I did not need to the extra dishwasher connector because my connector fit perfectly on the one built into the disposal. I cannot recommend this highly enough.
on November 27, 2012
This thing is extremely quite. This disposal replaced another insinkerator that was put in when my house was built a decade ago and the old one had a 2 year warranty. This disposal has a 10 year warranty so I'm assuming that it will last for years, well at least it seems like it is built to anyway. It is very quite in fact, the TV was on accross the room and my wife didn't think it was running until we muted the TV.

The only con is that it is HEAVY. It is 26 pounds which is almost double the weight of my last one but it has to be due to the 1 HP motor and sound dampening it has.

I highly reccommend this disposal
on March 5, 2013
I was hesitant to spend so much on a garbage disposal, we had the InSinkErator Badger 5, the case cracked and it was leaking down into the cupboard. We've had this disposal for about a month and I don't know how I lived with out it. I've put watermelon rind, the stem of broccoli and cauliflower, potato peels, egg shells (all of which would clog the Badger 5) and it doesn't even hesitate. The Pro Excel is also so quite that I sometimes I have to open the cupboard to listen for it to finish. I also like that the rubber piece that goes on the top (in the sink) is removable for easy cleaning (although the disposal does such a good job at grinding everything up that there's really nothing left to clean out). Don't hesitate, the only time you'll complain about this disposal is when you're paying for it.
on November 11, 2013
Wow I love this model! It grinds up almost everything! Have had no trouble at all! I had the smaller models and managed to plug them up on a weekly basis. This model is the the "tough guy" of InSinkErators. Very impressive! Though I do not put artichokes leaves or banana peels down it-don't want to push my luck.
on July 1, 2013
We have had this disposer for about a week. It replaced another InSinkErator that was still doing fine. We upgraded due to kitchen counter top/sink installation.

It seems to happily take on any recommended food and not even blink. It grinds very quietly with whatever you "feed" it. There were comments about the collar opening requiring a lot of pushing the food into the disposer. I have not had a problem getting anything into the disposer and then rinsing the leftover food down the opening with only the force of the faucet water. I hope it goes on as long as our other disposal. The stainless interior is also a plus.
on August 21, 2013
We have had off brand units in a newer house and replaced it with the next to the top of the line Insinkerator when we remodeled our last kitchen. Great quiet garbage disposal.

We bought a 10 year old house with a builder grade insinkerator. It worked well. We just finished a complete remodel of the kitchen and I bought my wife the insinkerator PRO Excel garbage disposer.

Had a professional plumber due the install, and I watched him. Easy install with no issues. The biggest issue was we bought a Blanko granite sink and the matching flange for garbage disposal and sink strainer. So instead of SS finish they matched the sink. It's really a beautiful match. His biggest challenge was figuring out how this flange slides down/over the Insinkerator flange. He thought you used the Blanko flange and it would not support the insinkerator. He almost gave up and went with the SS flange, I said no, keep trying. He looked at the instruction sheet and then he figured it out. Blanko flange slides down inside the insinkerator flange. He learned something.

The new Pro Excel is so quiet. Wow...I could not hear it running in the living room and the plumber just shook his head. It was so quiet.

We like the SS finish too. I read the instruction sheet and it was an easy install.

We have had several InSinkErator garbage disposers over 4 different homes. They are great units and the better ones are quiet. The old saying applies: You get what you pay for. Highly recommended.
on May 20, 2013
The GOOD:
1. Stainless steel construction.
2. Very quiet
3. Grinds up food real fast (powerful 1hp motor).
4. Looks nice
5. Includes stainless steel stopper to prevent forks, knives, and fingers from getting lost.

The BAD:
1. Total weight of the disposal is hanging on a rubber bushing inside the unit. Good for noise reduction, but a heavy product hanging from a weak joint = short lifetime of product.
2. Total weight of the disposer is suspended from the sink flange. Therefore it squeezes out all the plumbers putty over time which leads to leaks. This needs a firmer more resilient gasket material under the sink flange. I used a mastic material such as 3M Scotch-Seal Mastic Tape 2229 around the flange itself, then plumbers putty around the neck. This way you always have a good seal at the interface between the flange and sink which cannot be displaced as easily as the plumbers putty.
3. They made the hole within the rubber fingers inside the sink drain smaller. Good for noise reduction, bad for speed of the drainage.
4. Insinkerator should have placed their nice round Logo nameplate such that it can be seen from the front of the sink after install. Instead, mine and every picture I have seen of a customers install shows the logo plate turned 90 degrees to the side after install. Bad marketing goof, they should have rotated the logo 90 degrees or had a logo plate on both sides.
5. Snap ring: An install/uninstall tool here would have been helpful. Or at least the ring needs a lead-in to allow a screw driver to be inserted.
6. Backup Flange: 3 screws 120 degrees apart are supposed give you a good EVEN seal all around that will last? I don't think so. 5 screws 72 degrees apart maybe, but not 3.
7. Fiber Gasket: And what exactly does a cardboard ring under the sink do as far as sealing? I used it because they said so, but once the sink flange leaks, the cardboard does nothing but get wet and fall apart.