4.0 out of 5 stars Repairing stuck handles InSinkErator F-HC1100C Hot & Cold
If you listen to InSinkErator you will end up purchasing a new unit if not under warranty. The unit is easily fixed see below my instructions. I did pass this on to thier Customer Service hopefully they will review it and publish the instructions for everyone. It takes no parts just minor disassembling and cleaning.

You can easily repair the faucet handle...
Published on September 3, 2009 by R Mac

2.0 out of 5 stars Repair cost is excessive
We have owned this product for just over three years and had been happy with the dispenser until recently. Repair parts are not available. Even something as simple as a leaky fitting means that you have to buy a whole new assembly.

Published on February 28, 2008 by J. Askew

4.0 out of 5 stars Repairing stuck handles InSinkErator F-HC1100C Hot & Cold, September 3, 2009
This review is from: InSinkErator F-HC1100C Indulge Contemporary Hot and Cold Water Dispenser, Chrome (Tools & Home Improvement)

You can easily repair the faucet handle sticking problem from the top.
1.) turn off water - actually you could leave on
2.) using a 3/4 inch open end wrench to remove small retaining cap holding handles in faucet. If you look close you will notice flat sections on cap. Be carefull not to mar finish.
3.) Then pop off handle pivot cap with a small flat screwdriver exposing the stuck plunger. There is hex cap that hold plunger assembly in but you would need a very thin wall socket to remove entire plunger assembly.
4.) Clean as much green goo from plunger area with paper towels and a tooth-pic.
5.) Fill with WD40 cover entire plunger leave soaking over night. (don't use solvents!)
6.) This should loosen remaing debris. Also work plunger up and down, a 1/4 inch extension works good for this.
7. ) reassemble and you should be as good as new.
In-Sink-Erator only wants to sell a new faucet they don't offer and rebuild kit even though the faucet can be repair from top without removing from sink. My faucet works like new after I was done I added vasoline over plunger area hopefully to keep debris out.
Good Luck

2.0 out of 5 stars Repair cost is excessive, February 28, 2008

We had such a leaky fitting and had to replace the entire tank assembly. Fortunately, this happened while still under warranty. More recently, the spacer under the cold water lever wore to the point that it would no longer stay in the detent. The spacer is not available, nor is the cold water cartridge. Our only option is to replace the entire faucet assembly at a cost of $285 (price quoted from the mfgr's parts dept.).

My recommendation is to look for a unit that has repair parts available, either from the manufacturer or aftermarket.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor reliability, cannot be repaired by homeowner, March 1, 2009
Karen (Holmdel, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
Great when it works, but expensive and difficult to repair. I bought the best tank and dispenser Insinkerator sold in mid 2005 for $571. Tank died just after the one-year warranty expired. Insinkerator discounted a new better stainless steel tank to me for $80 which frustrated the hell out of me. Then after 3 years the hot water dispenser (handle) would no longer turn off. Insinkerator customer support told me it is past the one-year warranty and not repairable (newer models have a 3 or 5 year warranty). They told me to spend $200-300 on a new facucet (dispenser). I've been unable to dismantle it and repair whatever springs or washers are broken. Read reviews for other 1100's and you'll see lots of dissatisfied people.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible reliability, April 28, 2008
J. Cairns (Los Altos, CA USA) - See all my reviews
We purchased and installed one of these along with the under-sink water heater tank 5 years ago. We've already had to replace the heater tank once (cracked inside), and the faucet fixture twice! With the fixture, both times it wouldn't shut off - the hot and cold levers just flap in the open position. As another posting says, the service people can't just replace an internal part... I have to buy a whole new unit each time this happens.

1.0 out of 5 stars looks great but fatally flawed, November 1, 2008
Amaurosis Fugax, MD (California Central Coast) - See all my reviews
I've now gone through three of these faucets. I originally bought this because of the hot and cold taps in one dispenser. We have it connected to a reverse osmosis unit. The first unit failed after about two years due to the same problem described by others: the springs that close the valve eventually get stuck. This unit was replaced by InSinkErator at no cost, but the replacement unit had no warranty. About three years later I had the same valve-spring problem. lubricating with tri-flow or similar water displacing lubricant and working the handle back and forth partially freed the spring, at least enough to keep the faucet shut off. This fix lasted about a year and then it just stuck in the open position with no choice but to buy faucet number three. This one worked about 3-4 years and died the same way. I also found the tank was leaking. I think the problem with the faucet is the springs get fouled with hard water deposits or else the springs corrode. Buyer beware. if you have one and actually use it, it will die an ignominous death.

1.0 out of 5 stars Shame on inSinkErator, April 24, 2009
JHD "JHD" (Southern California) - See all my reviews
I purchased this product 3 years ago. When it works it is a fabulous addition to my kitchen and makes my life easier. However, problems abound and InSinkErator doesn't stand behind the product and repair parts and costs are excessive. After one year of regular use the initial tank started leaking. Insinkerator sent a new cheap tank and 6 months later it no longer heated the water to the usual super hot temp. Also after 2 years of regular use the hot water spurts out around the top of the nozzle endpiece to spray water everywhere. Insinkerator refuses to stand by their $350 product and they have a monopoly on the market for instant hot water dispensers. Shame on them. I currently am putting up with this problematic system because I can't find a better product.

1.0 out of 5 stars poor design (update), September 2, 2008
I've owned this faucet for nearly 4 years and for the past year is has been spradically broken. The hot water won't shut off. Insinkerator says that you cannot replace any parts within the faucet and you need to replace the faucet. Since Insinkerator wouldn't repair the faucet I took the unit apart and determined that the spring under the valve was weakened from corrosion. I emailed Insinkerator about getting a new spring. They autoreplied that someone would contact me. That was about 5 weeks ago. The faucet works now that I cleaned all of the deposits off the valve and spring. Now the tank only heats when it feels like it and now trips the breaker. Both the faucet and the company suck!

1.0 out of 5 stars Lasts only 2 years!!, July 1, 2008
Kamil Czauz (Long Island, NY USA) - See all my reviews
Had this system less than two years... the cold water lever keeps getting stuck open... meaning we have to replace the entire faucet assembly!!!

I already spent $600 on the unit, and now this means i will have to spend another $230 on the faucet!!

Really bad quality if it only lasts two years... I would recommend looking around for another hot/cold water dispenser

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy this product, very poor quality, August 14, 2008
I strongly do not recommend this product. I had problems with it less than a year after it was installed. I bought it when we re-did our kitchen in 2005 because it dispensed filtered hot and cold water. I had to replace the tank in 2007 because the faucet leaked. However, the faucet continued to leak. Insinkerator's response was to turn down the temperature on the hot water dial. This is an instant hot water heater. What sense is there in turning down the hot water temperature? The faucet continued to leak. The only solution was to buy a new faucet. I did not get 3 years out of the faucet. No replacements parts are available. This is definitely not a good buy for the money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Tank leaks and valve sticks, December 21, 2008
I don't usually write reviews. I'm one of those guys who reads the reviews but doesn't contribute too much. But I think this is such a !$#%@#$% product that I just have to chime in.

All the other reviews are right on the mark: the tank will leak and the valve will stick open. If you're "lucky" like I was, the tank will leak under warranty and get replaced the first time. The second time it leaks, it will likely no longer be under warranty - like mine. The cold water valve will eventually stick in the open position and because it's not serviceable, there's nothing you can but spend more money.

You couldn't pay me to install another one of these.

ARRAY(0x9c4af5a0)