Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: InSinkErator HWT-F1000S Hot Water Tank and Filtration System
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Color: N/A|Change

on February 4, 2014
Updated: Some reviewers are complaining about missing parts. This water heater is sold separate from the faucet. The heater has some parts, and the other parts are with the faucet.

The water heater comes with a filter. The filter does not connect to the heater. It connects to the faucet/dispenser and the faucet connects to the heater. The special water supply connector to the heater is attached to the faucet/dispenser hose.

If you want to be sure you get all the parts, buy an Insinkerator faucet/dispenser. Some have hot/cold dispensing, some are hot only. And they come in a wide range of finishes. That is why they are sold separately.

I installed this with the Insinkerator filter and a Watts 3 stage filter, and the Indulge Contemporary Hot and Cold Water Dispenser.
Also installed a sink and faucet upgrade. It took a little planning about where to mount it all. My older cabinets needed new 1/2 ply on the insides for mounting. Well worth the work.

It will work with any 1/4 inch line filter system, including R/O. The Watts 3 stage is a good compromise instead of having a R/O tank.

The newer F1000S has improvements that prevent leaking. Mine has not a drip even with all the 1/4 inch lines for the filter system. If you are concerned about leaking, put a small pan under the heater and use a $10 water alarm. The water is hot as advertised. We had to turn it down because it was steaming. The temp is very easy to adjust.

The hot/cold water dispenser is stylish and works great. Hot and cold filtered water can't be beat.
review image review image review image
22 comments|72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 3, 2013
I'm writing this review just to assist anyone that is purchasing this to replace the older Insinkerator "white tank" and filter system. This is the reason I purchased this product. I'm now waiting for a part from Insinkerator - so I am unable to review the product at this time.

I currently have a HC1100 (hot water only) Insinkerator faucet, a white tank water heater and a F201R water filter. I spent the day upgrading to this new system. Much of the installation was straight forward, but there were some issues that I wished I knew about in advance.

We purchased the original HC1100 system around 2001. We have had several issues with the tanks and I believe this purchase is our fourth tank (in 12 years). We were able to purchase new "white tanks" until this time around.

Issues I encountered making this tank work with my older system:

Issue #1 - The F201R water filter used a 3/8" hose that is fitted on to a 3/8" compression fitting to my water pipe (via brass fitting). The new water filter used a 1/4" hose. This created a problem. Although they provided a compression fitting cap (to attach to my water pipe), the pipe (brass fitting) needed to be changed from a 3/8" fitting to a 1/4" fitting. A trip to the hardware store and some plumbing language were exercised to complete this task.

Issue #2 - Although my HC1100 Faucet had the correct amount of lines (4), the small line leading from the faucet to the water tank (water in) was a different connector. In some cases, this might be the blue hose - in my case it was just a white hose. After calling the Insinkerator assistance line, they informed me that there was a conversion connector piece that was needed. It is not included in the box, but they will send me one no charge and it should arrive in several business days. My first use of the new tank is now in their hands waiting for the part.

Issue #3 - Although unconfirmed, when reviewing a drawing of the "Conversion Connector" they are sending, it looks as if it snaps to the water tank and has threads for a compression fitting to the hose. The old connection did not have a compression connector, so I will need to go to the hardware store one more time to purchase another brass compression cap if that is the case. (not confirmed but pretty sure).

Not complaining about the product, just wish they were more clear about the work involved to make it work with older faucets. Also, I can't understand why they would not include the conversion connector in the box - (to save weeks of waiting).

Hope this helps the next person..

UPDATE - 10/07/13
The part arrived today in the mail.It came very fast. It only took four days including the day requested. Also, Issue #3 is not an issue - the part does have threads, but also included the compression connector. Looks like we are good to go -
55 comments|36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
First a comment about a 2 star rating on this product page: I am not sure that the reviewer is commenting on the newer Model HWT-F1000S. The review indicates that at least one unit was replaced after the warranty expired (should be a 3-yr warranty). The HWT-F1000S product info on Amazon has the Date First Available: June 24, 2013. I question if the review is for the HWT-F1000S.

I own the SST-FLTR (manufactured and installed in 2008). In Aug 2013, I discovered that it had been leaking from the bottom of the tank. A vase had been "positioned" under the tank (with many other items around it) and ended up catching water, but the vase overflowed anyway, because I don't check under the sink. Maybe I can remember to check in the future along with using a larger container. I called Insinkerator. The Customer Service rep was very pleasant and understandable. She looked up our Serial # and since the unit has a 3-yr warranty, we knew it had expired. She offered a promo code to purchase the newer model HWT-F1000S at a discount from their web site (code good for 5 days)--total cost is significantly less than the Amazon discounted price. I am going to purchase the new unit with the promo code from Insinkerator. Would give 5 stars for customer service, but rating at 4 stars since I am not able to rate the unit itself. I will try to return to update this review after the new unit is installed.

Note: I read the very helpful review on the SST-FLTR which describes the design flaw with the return hose. I might pull apart my old unit to see if it had the same issue (out of curiosity). Although the repair sounds "easy," I have a long list of things to do, and I would never get to repairing the old unit, so I decided to purchase the discounted new unit. Saving my time is not only worth some money, but removing and resetting a few hoses is much more likely to get done "in my camp" than tracking down a better replacement hose and pulling apart the old tank.
1010 comments|54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 15, 2015
I wanted to express my dissatisfaction with InSinkErators customer service and give people another option to avoid their games. I purchased the HWT-F1000S to replace an older failed unit of theirs. The new item arrived and was missing an adapter called the "snap-connect fitting" that you must have to install the new unit. The directions clearly stated the this fitting is not included. I called customer service to complain and was directed to buy the part at Carrolls Parts for $21! This did not sit well and I told the agent about my dissatisfaction. They responded by telling me they would ship the part out only if I supplied the serial # of the new unit. I was not at home at the moment and this made me even madder. This is what I have found out through some research how to get the part if you don't wish to be played.
The part can be ordered through Fresh Water Systems online (www.freshwatersystems.com) using part # APC13004SH for $5.84 plus $4.95 shipping. I order three parts to see what would work and all three will work. The parts arrived in three days from Greenville, South Carolina shipped to Greenwood, Indiana. #APC13004SH is a non valved unit. It will drip a small amount when unhooked from the unit - for me this is desirable since I am using DI water and don't want the spring in the valve to come in contact with my filtered water). #APCD13004SH ($5.65) is the same except that it have the valve. #46000 ($7.16) is the same product I believe you can get from Carroll Parts - valved plus NSF tested (see pic far right).
I hope people that share my frustration can use these part #s to get their heater up and working.
review image review image
on April 3, 2015
I have an existing dispenser mounted in a marble slab, so it's hard to replace. It uses standard 3/8" screw connectors. This device uses a proprietary connector between the dispenser and the hot water tank. I can't use it with the standard 3/8" screw connector, and not even my local Lowes sells any adapter like this. They want me to buy a $300 new dispenser when my existing one matches my other faucets' finish.
So now my plans to install this on my free Saturday of spring break are ruined. I would have to wait a week to even begin, even if I could find the part. It's not just a 1/4" to 3/8" conversion issue: the connector is a click-in rather than screw in, and it is proprietary.

This is nonsense. It's not properly disclosed, and it's very, very annoying. What a cynical approach to design. I am returning it to Amazon and I'll go to Lowes and buy a hot water tank that can work with my STANDARD connector.
on September 1, 2014
I'm on my second replacement in less than 12 months which sounds ok because it is still under warranty but it speaks volumes about the incredibly poor service record this unit has. I'm doing what the repair folks recommend for longevity - using it every day, turning it off when it will not be used for prolonged periods, setting the temperature to less than its hottest setting (what's the hottest setting for, you might ask?)

To make things a little more irritating, I have to call a repair service and schedule an appointment - they come, check the electricity, check that their is no hot water then swap the unit out with the refurbished model they bring. I'd much rather at least have the option of not wasting 1/2 day for the repair guy and just having me sent a replacement unit. Seeing as how I'll be doing this about every 6 months, every little bit helps. Actually, as soon as this fails out of warranty I'm going to go out in search of a unit that can at least make it a day beyond the warranty.
on February 4, 2015
Note that this product is shipped with a power cord! For some reason, Amazon encouraged me to order it with the power cord kit. I have no idea why.
Second, make sure you order this with the appropriate dispenser. Make sure you get either the hot and cold dispenser/faucet or the hot only depending on your needs.
Nest, please be aware that the dispenser comes with relatively short connection hoses. I was fortunate that I was able to reach the heater unit from the installed faucet. They allow about 16 inches and I did not see this information anywhere when I made my purchase decision.

Having completed the installation, I am VERY impressed. Hot water is truly instant. My wife is caring for our granddaughter and has to mix up a lot of bottles of formula. Today she said this product was "a life changer"! No more heating up pots of water on the stove. Just use the instant hot water and add some cold after mixing to get it to a proper temperature. It drastically speeds up the process.
on July 28, 2015
BEWARE if you buy this, it is missing a vital part, so it cannot be installed with anyone else's faucet. you will have to buy the part separately and wait for days for it to get to you, then pay the plumber again. I replaced the previous insinkerator hot water heaters twice, so I should have known better. At over $258 it should have included all the pieces needed to install it. I can only hope it lasts longer than the other two, which lasted under a year each. It is very complicated to install, so if you are really handy or a plumber yourself, go for it. Otherwise be prepared to hire someone (twice) to install it.

Update 8/3/2015
After the plumber came out again to install the little connector, when he plugged it in, there was a snap! and water came gushing out all over the place. We called insinkerator and they have two programs, the DIY and the come out to fix it from a local supplier. So now it's another $90 for a house call and waiting another two days for them to come out and assess the problem, then who knows how long to get the parts and another house call to re-install/fix it. So at the end of this fiasco, it will be close to $400 just to install a hot water dispenser.

The cost of house calls is greater than the cost of the appliance to begin with. Why didn't I listen to my inner voice that says, "two strikes and you are out, insinkerator!"
on October 10, 2014
I love the concept and the installation was easy enough. We love the hot water at the sink. What we don't love is the $70/month increase in our power bill. We mistakenly assumed that this was an on demand heater when in actuality it is a mini water heater without any of the efficiency. if the increase in you power bill is not an issue, then this is a great product when coupled with the matching dispenser as this give both hot and room temp water out of the same faucet.
on October 30, 2014
I have 3 of these. Home, office and vacation home. The tanks all broke within 5 years. One filter broke flooding the office (fortunately during work hours). Something is wrong with the construction of these. When they break and leak the damage can be severe.

UPDATE, InSinkErator responded and made all good. They stand behind the product and went above and beyond. I am super impressed and appreciative. I should have contacted them before I posted this complaint.