Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundTouch 130 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

Size: One SizeColor: Green/GrayChange
Price:$157.10 - $220.49

on December 7, 2011
Hi all. I do not believe in the perfect stroller. I wish it existed but I do not believe it does. So instead I look for *good* strollers. This jogger is a *good* stroller. Not perfect, but good. And considering the price, I think it is a *great* value.

I have owned this stroller for 4 months now and have used it 10-15 miles per week. I have a 3-year-old and a 10-month-old and they both fit comfortably in it. The seats are always slightly reclined - my toddler can't sit fully upright in it - but I believe that is for safety. When you are running as fast as I am (ha!) then it is better for the children to be slightly reclined so that their heads don't bob around.

Features I love:
* The 180-degree swiveling canopy is awesome. That really is what makes this stroller good. I like being able to easily adjust the canopy with one hand while jogging to shade my baby's eyes.
* This stroller moves very smoothly. It is easy to push and to steer.
* It comes with a tether strap that you can put around your wrist.
* The front wheel can be either fixed or swivel. I use it in swivel all the time, but some joggers like a fixed wheel.
* It can accommodate large children. My toddler has always been in the 90+ percentile for height and at 35 pounds he still fits comfortably in the seat.
* It actually makes you run faster - at least when running downhill! You try running slowly when trailing 80+ pounds of stroller and child! The stroller itself weighs ~30 pounds. Yes, I held it while standing on the bathroom scale. It is big but not overly bulky. I have been able to lift it into the back of our minivan without too much trouble. I can *almost* flip it open with one hand. Not quite, but maybe with some more practice I might be able to do it.
* It comes with two cupholders for mom/dad.

Features that if improved would turn it from a *good* stroller to a *GREAT* stroller:
* The back wheel gears are very close to the brakes. If you roll over a very bumpy surface while jogging - like going off a low curb - the wheels will pop up and "catch" the brakes and make the stroller jiggle and vibrate. I have to slow down for a second to make the ride smoother so the wheels won't pop up into the brakes.
* There is a bar across the basket underneath. I usually only put small items when jogging, but if I wanted to put large items like a large diaper bag it would be challenging because of that bar. Not sure why it is there. It doesn't *need* to be there. They could easily re-design it so it isn't blocking the basket. Some engineer just wasn't thinking about that when s/he designed it.
* The storage case in the handle bar is too small for a cell phone! I can store my keys in there and the garage door opener, but not a cell phone or an iPod. I usually put those in the cupholders. Once again, not sure what the engineer was thinking who designed that.

Like I said, I don't believe in the perfect stroller, but this is a darn good value. I'm not interested in spending 3x the price of this stroller for a fancy double jogger that may or may not actually be much better than this. I read a lot of reviews of different double joggers before buying this one, and even the "high end" strollers had some negative reviews. I wasn't willing to spend tons more money on a stroller that still wouldn't be perfect.

I'm very satisfied with this and have had *no* problems with it that other reviewers have mentioned - like the front wheel being loose, or the particle board in the seats breaking. It is a good value for the price and for that reason - along with the amazing swiveling canopy - I would recommend it.

By the way, other reviewers have said that a standard bike pump is not sufficient to pump up the tires on the stroller. I have found that my standard Schwinn bike pump works just fine. I did buy the Zefal Mini Multi Sort Bicycle Frame Pump from this site because it has a pump nozzle on the end of a flexible hose and can reach into tight spaces. Another reviewer recommended it as being necessary to pump up this stroller. It is a great little pump but I have not found it to be necessary for this stroller.

Update 4/15/2013

We have now had this stroller for two years and use it multiple times a week. Everything is still in tact - nothing has broken. It was involved in a crash - daddy tried to jump a curb running at full speed. The stroller flipped over but both kids stayed strapped in and they did not get injured.

My oldest is now almost 5 - weighs 40 pounds and is in the 98th percent for height - and still fits in the stroller.

Overall I highly recommend this jogging stroller.
22 comments257 of 263 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 13, 2011
I love everything about this stroller: the price, the canopies, the fact that you can set the front wheel from stationary to swivel, it's not too wide for the mall or too small for my 3 year old, there is a drink holder and tray for each one of my kids, as well as two for my husband and I, the fabric is nice, and best of all it has great maneuverability!
HOWEVER, I only gave this stroller 3 stars instead of 5 because of the craftsmanship of the backrests. They are made of particleboard and break VERY easily. If you order this product be very careful when folding it up (make sure backrests are on top of handle)or when tightening the harnesses for your kids because too much force will break the backrest in half. The first time a backrest broke I notified InStep and they sent me a new a one at no charged and I replaced it. The replacement backrest also broke recently and instead of getting another replacement I am just going to replace the backrest boards with thick plastic or plywood - something that won't break so easily.
I hope that InStep finds another more durable material to make the backrests with. If they do, it's definitely a 5 star stroller!
66 comments193 of 201 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 17, 2013
I have bought this stroller twice. The first one was stolen at Disneyland (we now use a snowboard lock!). I tried the Joovy Big Caboose, but our 2, 3 and 5 year olds just made it way too heavy and cumbersome (2 of our kids are way above average in height). This stroller is fantastic with a Buggy Board attached to accommodate 3 young kids. I was giddy with delight when I sold the Big Caboose and got this stroller again!

This new one has some very nice updates. The material in the back of the seats is pressboard now, which is evident from the warning label about it possibly containing formaldehyde (standard government warning, don't freak out, just don't eat it). I'm not sure what was in there before, but it was more flexible and I had read other reviews about it folding under the weight of a child.

Another update is that the valve to pump up the front tire is now angled outward on one side. This is great! It was very difficult to get the pump to plug in through the small area between the big plastic spokes. This makes it much easier!

This one I'm not sure about: it seems that the storage space underneath is a little higher off the ground. In the first stroller I had sewn a couple of strips of fabric to pull up the front of the storage space up (wrapped the fabric around the bar at the front of the compartment and stitched it to the compartment). That kept it from dragging on the ground whenever I went over a slight bump. I did the same thing with this one right off, before we even used it, but it seemed that it was already higher up.

Here are my pros and cons, for the things I care about most:

PROS
* Very easy to maneuver - swivel wheel is the way to go unless you're a big time jogger on straight and smooth streets.
* Easy to fold, easy to lift (though heavy).
* Fits in the back of my 2011 Town and Country without having to put any seats down and without having to take off any wheels or trays.
* Fits through most doorways (if it won't fit, then where you're going is probably not a good place to bring this beast of a stroller anyway).
* Can attach a Buggy Board Maxi to the back for a toddler.
* Parent tray, parent tray, parent tray!!! And it fits just about any cup, not just skinny bottles of water.
* The fully adjustable individual visors are awesome! And I love that each kid can fix his own they way he likes.
* The high handlebar is perfect. I am 5'8 and my husband is 5'11. A high handlebar is essential.
* Very durable!! I see so many reviews that complain about the materials feeling flimsy. Yes, they do. What do you expect in a stroller style that other companies sell for $600?? But not one thing broke in our first one in the 1 1/2 years of abuse and heavy use. (expect for the cup holder rings, which didn't "break," per se - discussed below) Bottom line is, it may feel a little cheap, but it doesn't look cheap and it holds up VERY well.

CONS:
* It's about 1 inch wider than the mandated width for wheelchair access. If they could just make it 1 inch narrower then it would fit through any business' door.
* For some reason they decided to make a ring around the cup holders of the parent tray detachable. I don't see why it can't be one molded piece. The stupid rings pop off all the time, and with our old stroller we just gave up and threw them away after about 2 months. I'm willing to take bets to see how long these ones last, if anyone's interested.
* As a matter of preference, I would like to have the child trays optional. Our kids don't really use them, and they get in the way of your kid getting in and out on their own. Pushing the button to open them or aligning them just right to close them isn't possible for little ones without pinching fingers. We chose not to put them on this time around, but it looks dumb. I'm going to try to find something to put over the three protruding parts to make it look nicer - maybe a golf club cozy or whatever you call those silly things people put on their golf clubs.
* The footrest thing in the front could be wider at the front-most point. That would make it more comfy for the kids. I'm thinking trapezoid, not triangle.

Recommendations:

* Get this lock if you'll be using your stroller at an amusement park or anywhere where it will be left unattended. Don't learn the hard way like we did!! Abus Combiloop 205 Cable lock - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00449K1HK/ref=cm_cr_thx_view

* Get a small hand pump and keep it with you! We keep it in the bottom of the stroller at all times. I have to fill the tires every couple of months. We got this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BMUEQM/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (the Zefal Mini Multi Sort Bicycle Frame Pump). But I recommend a dual action pump. In hindsight that would have been wiser. And now that they fixed the front wheel issue, you don't have to be so picky about finding one that fits in to reach the valve.
77 comments112 of 119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 30, 2011
I researched double jogging strollers long and hard before I purchased this one. I tried to find a used stroller, but didn't have much luck. In the end, I'm glad I spent a little extra and got this one.

Assembly was a snap (literally) until I got to putting the front wheel on. That wasn't so easy. Had to have my husband do it--and he didn't have an easy time of it either (but he's not a real handyman kind of guy, either). He put it on wrong, though, and it fell off while I was out walking with the kids. Luckily no one was injured, and it happened where there was a kind man who helped me get it back on. He informed me that it was on wrong (he didn't have the tools with him to put it on correctly), and that we'd need 2 wrenches to get it on right. I showed my husband what needed to be done, and he got it on correctly. I haven't had any problems with it since--and I've used it a lot.

What I love about this stroller are the seperate sun shades that will shade my little guy no matter the angle, the seperate cup holders for the kids, and the adult cup holders are the best i've ever seen. I have a water bottle that is generally too wide to fit in standard cup holders. It fits perfectly in this one, and the design is so that narrower bottles will fit in it without moving around. There is also a center storage place that is handy.

It steers easily, with the front wheel able to be fixed or swivel with a quick flip of a switch. I have a 2yr old daughter and 3 mo old son. No issues with the height/weight discrepancy. The only drawback is the access to the bottom storage area--which I knew about going into this from reading other reviews. I have found that putting things in and out from the side as opposed to the back can be easier, as it's a wider opening on the side.

I am also happy to report that like another reviewer, this fits into the trunk of my Hyundai Sonata very easily. I think it goes in as easily as my single jogging stroller does--mainly because the front wheel can be turned to make it more compact. There was even some room left over in the trunk for a few small bags. I was not expecting that!

Aside from the initial difficulty with the front wheel and that stupid bar in the way of the bottom storage area, I love this stroller. You could easily pay $200 more for one that isn't superior. Everyone thinks it's really cool looking. Another thing, I haven't had any difficulty in getting it through doors. Of course it wouldn't go through a narrow interior door, but it's not like you're going to be using it inside your house anyway. I've gotten it through several single doors to businesses, and never been unable to get it through a commercial door. It's a tight squeeze sometimes, but it goes through.

Did I mention that I love this stroller? :)
review image review image
0Comment83 of 89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 23, 2015
This stroller is the ABSOLUTE worst. After my wife purchased it even after seeing the negative reviews in the wheels we thought it would be okay. WRONG! The wheels came deflated and punctured requiring a trip to he bike store. I could deal with that with maybe a 3 star rating...then came the near fatality, blood and screaming.

After getting this fixed we went for our first ride. The small axle piece in the front wheel completely snapped during the first ride on a downhill road throwing one child out while pinning one to the road- scraped and bleeding.

DO NOT BUY THIS DEATH TRAP in my opinion! Had we been going any faster this would have required a trip to the hospital! My kids are still scarred from this and my youngest refuses to get in our older stroller any longer.
review image
0Comment45 of 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 26, 2014
I love love love this stroller! It was very easy to assemble since all the parts snap in place, except for the front wheel covering that only requires 4 screws. Steering is very smooth and it turns on a dime. I love how big and sturdy the wheels are. The storage underneath is good and I like that it is divided into two compartments. I also like that the canopies can be adjusted to any position and can do so separately. Most important, the kids love riding around in it and it didn't break the bank!
review image
on August 16, 2011
We got this stroller from another website and love it! We actually had a single safari swivel wheel and loved it, but need a stroller for two when we had our second son. I got a sit and stand because my oldest is 4 and didn't think he would sit in a stroller much, but the sit and stand was almost impossible to push with the weight of a 4 year old at the back. So we returned it and bought this stroller and couldn't be happier!! First of all, this stroller was almost $60 cheaper than the sit and stand, and it is super easy to push-even if only the baby is in it. I was concerned that with only one child or one child being so much bigger than the other, the stroller would pull or be akward to push but that is not the case at all. My 6 month old-who is a crappy sleeper-loves this stroller and falls asleep in it all the time. That makes it priceless!!!
One word of warning though...the tires say that you can inflate them with 30-35lbs of pressre. We did that and it blew out all of the tubes in each tire. We called InStep and they immediately sent new tubes and one new tire-great customer service. She rep also said that for a stroller you should actually only inflate to 20-25lbs of pressure...she said the tires are rated to go on a bicycle (they could be used for that if you wanted) so that is why it says more lbs of pressure than needed for a stroller.

UPDATE:

This WOULD be a great stroller if we could use it!! We thought the tire problem was us over-inflating-not the case!! We have only used this stroller about 5 times because every time we try to use it-one of the tires is popped. We fix one and then another goes. We have tried new inner tubes and nothing works. Would love to use it, but never can with popped tires!! And now I think it would be too late to get any sort of a refund, so we either have to keep replacing tires/inner tubes or buy a new stroller....awesome.
11 comment12 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 26, 2015
Love this stroller! So easy to put together! I put it together myself. The kids absolutely love it! My youngest at 7months fell asleep in it today while we where at the park. Easy to push, wish it had more storage and wish I could put my diaper bag in the baskets but for what you are paying, it's wonderful!
review image review image
on May 12, 2011
Just received this stroller today -- a day earlier than Amazon's estimated arrival date! The stroller was super easy to assemble. I have a pretty big 2 year old and an average sized 3 year old. Both kids have started refusing to ride in the Sit N Stand Double stroller we've had for the last two years. The Sit N Stand was also getting heavy to push with both of them and it was difficult to steer. Nevermind the arguments over who got to stand and who had to sit! I bought this stroller as a last ditch effort to try to have something I could take them out in -- our walks with them both on foot could hardly be considered exercise!! I just took both kids for an hour long walk with NO complaints! They said they were comfortable and both seem excited about the stroller. I didn't try jogging with it, but it was fantastic for a fast paced walk through the neighborhood. Only thing I noticed is that the seats seem rather narrow. The kids didn't notice or complain yet, but it certainly looks tight to me. I also think the stroller would be well served to have some more mesh on the sides and less of the solid nylon - a little more airflow would help keep the kids cool.

At this point no complaints -- seems to be a fantastic buy for the price.
on March 3, 2011
I recently purchased this stroller after reading numerous reviews. I have 4 and 2 Y/O toddlers and I like to walk my dogs a lot so I needed something that could handle the weight of the kids and the pace of the dogs. We mostly walk on sidewalks and this stroller is easy to push. It's obviously heavy if you're pushing uphill, but it feels a little lighter than it's actual weight (50 lbs of stroller and almost 70 lbs of kids). The drink holders are convenient and the basket at the bottom is big enough to hold a few essentials (snacks, extra wipes, etc.) The folded size is not very compact, but it fits in the very back of my SUV. It's wide and I have a bit of trouble making it through the door of the house, but it's not impossible. I haven't tried it in any indoor settings (malls, airports, etc.) and would probably buy a super cheap umbrella stroller for travel, but this is perfect for my daily walks. The seats recline easily and the sunshades are adequate for the kids. I was very pleased with the price (I managed to find it for $130) and so far it's been very durable. I put it together by myself in about 15 minutes.