Top positive review
257 of 263 people found this helpful
A *good* stroller - makes you run faster downhill!
on December 7, 2011
Hi all. I do not believe in the perfect stroller. I wish it existed but I do not believe it does. So instead I look for *good* strollers. This jogger is a *good* stroller. Not perfect, but good. And considering the price, I think it is a *great* value.
I have owned this stroller for 4 months now and have used it 10-15 miles per week. I have a 3-year-old and a 10-month-old and they both fit comfortably in it. The seats are always slightly reclined - my toddler can't sit fully upright in it - but I believe that is for safety. When you are running as fast as I am (ha!) then it is better for the children to be slightly reclined so that their heads don't bob around.
Features I love:
* The 180-degree swiveling canopy is awesome. That really is what makes this stroller good. I like being able to easily adjust the canopy with one hand while jogging to shade my baby's eyes.
* This stroller moves very smoothly. It is easy to push and to steer.
* It comes with a tether strap that you can put around your wrist.
* The front wheel can be either fixed or swivel. I use it in swivel all the time, but some joggers like a fixed wheel.
* It can accommodate large children. My toddler has always been in the 90+ percentile for height and at 35 pounds he still fits comfortably in the seat.
* It actually makes you run faster - at least when running downhill! You try running slowly when trailing 80+ pounds of stroller and child! The stroller itself weighs ~30 pounds. Yes, I held it while standing on the bathroom scale. It is big but not overly bulky. I have been able to lift it into the back of our minivan without too much trouble. I can *almost* flip it open with one hand. Not quite, but maybe with some more practice I might be able to do it.
* It comes with two cupholders for mom/dad.
Features that if improved would turn it from a *good* stroller to a *GREAT* stroller:
* The back wheel gears are very close to the brakes. If you roll over a very bumpy surface while jogging - like going off a low curb - the wheels will pop up and "catch" the brakes and make the stroller jiggle and vibrate. I have to slow down for a second to make the ride smoother so the wheels won't pop up into the brakes.
* There is a bar across the basket underneath. I usually only put small items when jogging, but if I wanted to put large items like a large diaper bag it would be challenging because of that bar. Not sure why it is there. It doesn't *need* to be there. They could easily re-design it so it isn't blocking the basket. Some engineer just wasn't thinking about that when s/he designed it.
* The storage case in the handle bar is too small for a cell phone! I can store my keys in there and the garage door opener, but not a cell phone or an iPod. I usually put those in the cupholders. Once again, not sure what the engineer was thinking who designed that.
Like I said, I don't believe in the perfect stroller, but this is a darn good value. I'm not interested in spending 3x the price of this stroller for a fancy double jogger that may or may not actually be much better than this. I read a lot of reviews of different double joggers before buying this one, and even the "high end" strollers had some negative reviews. I wasn't willing to spend tons more money on a stroller that still wouldn't be perfect.
I'm very satisfied with this and have had *no* problems with it that other reviewers have mentioned - like the front wheel being loose, or the particle board in the seats breaking. It is a good value for the price and for that reason - along with the amazing swiveling canopy - I would recommend it.
By the way, other reviewers have said that a standard bike pump is not sufficient to pump up the tires on the stroller. I have found that my standard Schwinn bike pump works just fine. I did buy the Zefal Mini Multi Sort Bicycle Frame Pump from this site because it has a pump nozzle on the end of a flexible hose and can reach into tight spaces. Another reviewer recommended it as being necessary to pump up this stroller. It is a great little pump but I have not found it to be necessary for this stroller.
We have now had this stroller for two years and use it multiple times a week. Everything is still in tact - nothing has broken. It was involved in a crash - daddy tried to jump a curb running at full speed. The stroller flipped over but both kids stayed strapped in and they did not get injured.
My oldest is now almost 5 - weighs 40 pounds and is in the 98th percent for height - and still fits in the stroller.
Overall I highly recommend this jogging stroller.