5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny!!
Published on July 31, 2006 by perduefamily

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent for the price, however...
Published on April 3, 2007 by P. Romero

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent for the price, however..., April 3, 2007
P. Romero (Fountain Valley, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: InStep Take 2 Double Bicycle Trailer (Sports)
THE GOOD: Set up is simple (even right out of the box), built quality is good on the frame, wheels are smooth, enough room for my 2 and 4 year old boys along with cargo space in the back. Average weight based on competitors, the covers since tight with straps (avoiding fabric flap in the wind). The trailer pulls well, I notice a little bit of push-pull when riding at slow speeds, but nothing that will bother anyone IMO. At speeds above 15mph (less than 20mph), the trailer handles just fine. The only time I really felt it is going uphill. The point of connection is well thought out and works with disc brakes.

THE BAD: Fabric material is not good. In fact, I think it will begin to rip in the near future (less than 1 year). I've owned this for a couple of months now, and am starting to see signs of wear in the foot area. Getting kids in/out means unsnapping half the canopy (no zippers). My major problem are the restraint straps. They are pretty bad, very thin and no padding. Both my kids get neck marks from the straps (chafing). I used automobile shoulder belt cushions to try and solve the problem, but the fit isn't quite there and they slide down, exposing the thin straps to their necks again.

I'm considering a Burley or Chariot to make the kids more comfortable. Also, I can get rid of our jogger and have a "Do-it-all" carrier. As for the InSTEP Take 2, you really do get what you pay for. However, if you're on a budget and want to take the kids for a spin, this will get you started. Good luck.

1.0 out of 5 stars Decent design, terrible materials, October 16, 2006
This review is from: InStep Take 2 Double Bicycle Trailer (Sports)
This bike trailer seemed like a great deal. When I assembled it and tested it out it worked great, seemed very safe and comfortable. My daughter loved riding in it. Initially I was very happy with the product, especially for the price paid. Unfortunately after several weeks in the sun all of the white nylon straps - used for support and restraints - began detoriating and breaking. I would recommend spending a little more on a bike trailer that uses a better grade of materials.

1.0 out of 5 stars Falling Apart, October 12, 2007
This review is from: InStep Take 2 Double Bicycle Trailer (Sports)
We bought this trailer for Christmas, planning on using it for the ocassional bike ride. We've probably used the trailer 15 to 2o times in the last 10 months. The other day I put my son in, attached the seat belts, started riding, and heard a loud pop. The nylon strap that holds the seat up off the fabric floor had snapped. Before I could even get a good look at it, the nylon seat belt in between my son's legs also snapped. I've looked it over pretty well and don't think there's a way I can repair it. We're so disappointed. I would not recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny!!, July 31, 2006
This review is from: InStep Take 2 Double Bicycle Trailer (Sports)
I was a little hesitant to purchase the least expensive model, but I'm glad I did!! It's wonderful. Installation was so easy- I had it done when my husband got home from work! The kids love riding in it. We have 2 kids, both around 30 lbs and they fit comfortably. Plus, there is a storage area in the back. We pack towels,snacks and juice and go t o the pool!! I highly reccommend this model rather than spending more money!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT AS PICTURED!!!, August 5, 2007
This review is from: InStep Take 2 Double Bicycle Trailer (Sports)
I ordered this trailer in silver and blue, but green arrived instead. I was REALLY dissapointed... BUT seeing as how returning & purchasing a new color moght be costly & time consuming, I got over my initial dissapointment & kept the green. the overall quality is as I expected. I shopped around and dispite the other reviwers complaining about fabric quality, I've never seen a better fabric on any trailer. I could be wrong, but I suspect complaints are due to unreasonable expectations, heavy use or poor care. the fabric feels like a nylon blend, excessive sunlight and skin oils will accelerate degradation. at the very least, you should never leave this iten to sit outside unprotected & unoccupied. with proper care, this trailer should last you at least a couple years, depending on the weight you put in it.
also, the seatbelts look strong enough but I wouldn't put too much trust in them. I like the side pockets and small 'trunk' space behind the seat. installation will be easy if you have the right tools.
I didn't have the tools so I took the trailer to a nearby bike shop where they installed it free.
overall, I'm happy with my purchase. I'm only REALLY only dissapointed I didn't get the color I wanted.
update: as of the year 2010, my trailer, having been used, secured & stored indoors... is still in perfect working order.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for leisure bikers, January 11, 2007
This review is from: InStep Take 2 Double Bicycle Trailer (Sports)
Since we are not serious bikers, we were not willing to pay big $$ for the trailer. This one fits our budget. It is easy to toll and runs smoothly. The only issue I had was that once I put the trailer on, I cannot put the kickstand back. This is somewhat troublesome because we cannot just stop anywhere we want.

2.0 out of 5 stars Yep, it fell apart on me..., August 11, 2008
This review is from: InStep Take 2 Double Bicycle Trailer (Sports)
Like many, I was initially quite happy with this product--I couldn't afford a Burley, and this was under $100 at Target. However, the trailer has slowly fallen apart on me. I leave it outside, but covered underneath a porch and in a mild, dry climate (California). The snaps tore out of the fabric after a month, which cannot be repaired. This means that the cover is only held in place by the velco. The front wheel (in stroller mode) is no longer near true, and jams at a 15-degree angle consistently. Worst of all, the 1-inch webbing that runs along the bottom of the seat has rotted through. I consider the trailer unusable now.

The only reason I am not giving it one star is that it might hold up better if garaged and lightly used. The price is right, and the design is fine. The quality is simply poor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Trailer, October 9, 2006
This review is from: InStep Take 2 Double Bicycle Trailer (Sports)
I pulled this trailer on a 32 mile ride on a very remote part of the Great Allegheny Passage rail-trail. I had it loaded with camping gear (no kids in the trailer), and it worked very well. The trailer is not designed for hauling gear, but it did a fine job. I was not on a paved path at all, the tires were great, no problems going through a few bumpy areas and muddy areas. The trailer tracked well behind my bike, no problems. The trailer has a good sturdy welded frame.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very cheap materials, May 25, 2009
Though we were initially thrilled, we were not so happy when the first of the restraint straps broke within a few weeks of purchase. A few weeks later a second strap broke, rendering one side of the trailer unusable. Six months later, straps on the other side began fraying and snapping. Mind you, this was with infrequent use and with two children under the age of three--not really heavy or active kids. The trailer was kept outside in mild weather, covered and in the shade. Now (at just over a year of ownership) all of the straps have completely rotted apart and it is completely unsafe to put our kids in it. After reading through several of the other reviews, this is clearly a recurring issue.

Though we ultimately purchased the Instep Take 2 for less than $100 (on sale), I wouldn't buy this trailer again for half the price. I'm all for saving a buck where you can, but this is a *complete* waste of cash.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted!, September 26, 2007
T. Clark "tclark51" (Arlington,, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: InStep Take 2 Double Bicycle Trailer (Sports)
This is exactly what my husband & I were looking for to take our daughter on bike rides. It is very safe, secure & well put together. Plus, it comes apart very easily for storage. She loves it too. I would feel really comfortable putting a second child in there with her as well, it is supposed to hold up to 100 lbs. I would definately reccomend this product to anyone who is interested, plus, the price is fantastic. You really have to seacrh several online stores to find the bike trailer & everyone is priced so differently, but this one is just like all the others I saw but alot better price wise for the same thing & qauality.

InStep Take 2 Double Bicycle Trailer (Blue)
Used & New from: $150.00