Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: InStyle
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Subscription Length: 1 year auto-renewal|Change
Price:$19.50+ Free shipping

on September 16, 2007
Hello, first off, I'm a dad and I got this magazine to add to other subscriptions for my daughter as she went from the tweens to the teens to help introduce her to styles and products in the marketplace.

Oddly enough, I have benefited a lot being able to recommend many of the products advertised therein to her (we used a Neutrogena face wash this week that actually worked!) and to have some idea what to purchase as gifts for other family members, etcetera.

As clothes and cosmetics become more and more expensive it helps to be able to make an informed decision the first time you buy and I enjoy giving many of the products as gifts for birthdays, Christmas, and surprises.

The magazine portrays some glitz but really appears to be excellent in its articles, advice, and the products it advertises (editor: cigarette ads are the exception).

Having run the gauntlet of women's and girls magazines and read all of them that my daughter subscribed to growing up for content and to discuss ideas with her, I recommend this for women and teens.

Be sure to order from Amazon, as I had major problems trying to give a gift subscription from InStyle's website as their site placed the order when I did NOT complete the order process and billed my friend instead of me and instead of being a surprise it was a month of wasted time back and forth with e-mails cancelling subscriptions and all the while they stated that I should notify so-and-so if I was displeased, but so-and-so NEVER got back to me, what a total mess!
33 comments|51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 23, 2011
Be careful with auto-renewal option. Just received auto-renewal for 1 year at the rate of $29.95 ! NOT a good deal on 2nd year.
55 comments|44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon August 14, 2009
I bought my first issue of InStyle two years ago and its gone downhill imho. The article titles on the front typically have absolutely nothing to the article itself, like what to wear now does not explain what to wear now nor does it point you in any general direction. The only plus side to the magazine is that it features bargain prices on clothing every once in a while. The pairings of clothing they put together used to be great, very wearable for the daytime and for most people not in a fashion business. Now it seems as if they've tried to mimic the weirdness that you see in Lucky magazine.

Another plus is the makeup and hair section, they do a good job showing what the newest trends in makeup are with a wide range of prices and products. FYI skintones are also factored in.
on January 14, 2008
Not only is this magazine a fun read, but also informative. It gives great ideas on what to wear, what make-up or skin products are the best, the latest hot spots and fun places to go, and great ideas for gifts and parties. The interviews and articles are informative and fun, but my favorite section is when they let you in on a celebrity/prominent person's party or get together. They give you all the details as well as some recipes of items they serve so you could recreate it if you wanted to. I like it so much I actually bought the InStyle Party book! This is a great magazine!
on August 8, 2011
I used to adore this magazine and I still do to some extent. However, I would rather not see so many celebrities. Who said they have all the fashion sense? When I pick up a magazine, I want to see lots of fashion to get ideas!!! I don't want to read about some actress or singer or rich person's aquisitions of designer clothes and shoes. It would be nice to see more what the trends are and how to put outfits together.
on January 27, 2016
I wanted a "fun" magazine that would have interesting articles/ads to flip through. This writing in this magazine is abysmal, the formatting makes it difficult to read, and it is full of stupid (I would argue made-up) quotes from "celebrities" talking about fashion. Will not be renewing.
on April 28, 2016
I love this magazine and was excited it was available for only 5.00/a year. I generally read most of the major magazines--Cosmo, Marie Claire, Glamour, but I always come back to this one. I think it does a nice job of providing on-trend recommendations without being over the top. Although the argument could be made that this magazine appeals to a different audience than Cosmo, I find myself more and more frustrated with the content of other magazines. In Style keeps me up to date without being cheesy, degrading, or just boring.

More importantly, I LOVE being able to manage my subscription through Amazon. I have moved 4 times in the last two years and this makes my life (payment, renewal, address change) so much easier!
on February 25, 2015
usually buy a super fashion chronicle every year alternating subscriptions based on lowest price. I am no fashionista-just like to keep up with trends and enjoy the creative layouts these magazines embody.
VINE VOICEon November 22, 2008
I have tried many a fashion magazine, but InStyle is the best. Every issue is chock-full of ideas, style stories, and beautiful fashion.

They cover the latest trends, but help you integrate the trends into a normal person's every day wardrobe. Some fashion magazines only have pictures of runway type fashion, with no practicality whatsoever. Not InStyle- they make the latest fashion wearable for normal people. They also offer a range of prices in fashion. Although I can't afford a lot of the fashion in magazines, InStyle often offers less expensive alternatives for each of their stories.

Whenever I'm shopping (which is not as often as I'd like, but what else is new in a mother's life?) I have a good idea of what will look good for me in that season. I attribute that to InStyle which keeps me up on the latest fashion while also giving lots of practical tips.
on November 6, 2014
I've always been a big fan of InStyle. I appreciate that over the years they've evolved to offer fashion tips for everyone including even budget and plus-sized options. I especially enjoy the product and makeup tips!