Customer Discussions > The Diana Chronicles forum

Inaccuracies, etc.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 25, 2007 6:25:08 AM PDT
Probably wherever Diana is now, she is deeply regretting having anything to do with Tina Brown. And it is amazing that the Diana bashers have the same tune that Charles was "driven" to Camilla by Diana. Charles was not a baby he chose to be with Camilla and who drove him to her before Diana came along. Also, I recommend the recent biography of Frances Shand Kydd. It was authorized based on interviews with Diana's late mother and it TOTALLY refutes Brown's version of Diana's engagement period. I would believe someone who was THERE rather than from someone with an obvious axe to grind.

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2007 9:59:17 AM PDT
Well, only by weighing what ALL of the witnesses to an event say can one arrive (hopefully) at a rough consensus of what actually happened.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2007 10:56:07 AM PDT
Some of the witnesses have obvious axes to grind. For instance, I wouldn't take Penny Junor's word as gospel when it comes to Diana--she sees things Charles' way. Nobody who has the spin line about Charles being "driven" to Camilla ever tries to explain why he was "driven" to her before Diana came around. Who is their scapegoat then?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2007 10:28:50 AM PDT
Bookworm says:
For anyone who thinks that Diana "drove" Charles to Camilla, please keep this in mind: When Charles and Camilla first met, Diana was 12 years old. Sorry, but C&C were involved way before Diana ever remotely came into the picture. Also, the fact that Charles proposed to Diana at Camilla's house and insisted on hanging out with Camilla before the wedding proves that he had no intention of letting Camilla go after marrying Diana. His mind was already made up. Diana didn't drive him to anyone or anything.

Another inaccuracy is Brown's claim that Diana was on that train before their wedding. That has already been proven wrong, as it was established that Diana was elsewhere that night.

Brown also acts coy when mentioning that Harry was two years old when Diana met James Hewitt. She seems to want to leave that debate open, which is ridiculous since it has already been proven that Diana and Hewitt didn't meet until 1986, two years AFTER Harry was born. Brown goes out of her way to try to dredge up old debates that have been discussed to death and disproven.

There is nothing at all original about this book and is yet another example of an "insider" (what a joke) making money off a dead woman who can't defend herself.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2007 9:03:57 AM PDT
Landon2000 says:
I agree with you 100% Charles never loved the mother of his children.It was proven camilla was on the train not Diana.This so called prince and the Low life royals all they wanted from Diana was a heir and a spare.When harry was born diana said charles wanted a girl she knew the baby was a boy.Why did she not tell him this.Diana made a remark about what charles said about harry when he was born.He looks like your family red hair and all.Diana knew then the marriage was not on solid ground.Who would not be depressed living with this man.Diana was a young naive girl who had dreams that could or would nver come true.Diana did not drive this man to camilla she never was out of his life. Love and fidelity was not on Charles mind.Only his own selfish reasons for marring a young woman who loved him.Charles drove diana into depression bulima with the way he treated her.You could see that in their trips as he talked down to her in so many ways and places they went.She had more love in her little finger than he could ever hope to have.He got his mistress the cow. How could camilla ever compare to Diana they say love is blind.I think Charles can not see.Diana was a beautiful woman inside and out.I am sure she was hard to handle at times poor charlie someone finally spoke up to him.He deserved what ever she threw his way.Which I understand were flying objects.He was always running away after diana started to become confident and tell him off in so many ways.Poor charlie could not deal with a woman who talked back to him.I think its wonderful Diana told charlie what she thought.A few swear words here and now for the liitle king to be.Charles could never understand how such a commoner his wife that is could talk to him that way.Diana was more than charles will ever be. Hard to think less than a year after the divorce Diana was killed.Why was it not charles"""

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2007 11:07:54 AM PDT
Edward, Edward, Edward...I will promise not to buy the book if you promise to calm down, meet a girl of your own, and learn when to use the shift key.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2007 8:44:19 PM PDT
Edward, Diana was no commoner. She was the daugher of an Earl, thus an aristocrat, with royal Stuart ancestry.
Wikipedia.org is your friend. And ditto what Lamont wrote.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2009 8:32:54 PM PST
and Harry is the spitting image of his Spencer Cousins. See Jane and Sarah's boys with Harry and you would dismiss the Hewitt reference. How horrible to keep that rumour alive

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2013 5:28:05 PM PDT
CNJ says:
Wow, I'd LOVE to read Frances' book! I know she was very close to her daughter and sometimes held her when Diana visited and when she cried over Charles.

I am sure Diana is mostly ironically laughing at this book. What her spirit is more distressed about are the "murder conspiracy" myths that some nutjobs are posting around.

That worries her more and she worries about the family she left behind, even Charles and Camilla.

How true...Charles made his own decision to cheat on Diana...if it were not Camilla, it would have been another woman. And Charles DID cheat with other women besides Camilla when married to Diana.

I understand that even now that Charles and Camilla are married, they've been unfaithful to each other and are no more happier than their first marriages. What a mess that is.

I am sure Diana's spirit is worried about this and is relieved that she herself is no longer entangled in that mess and is relieved that her two sons are now grown and out away from that Royal mess of a second marriage.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2013 5:29:07 PM PDT
CNJ says:
How true! Diana didn't even MEET Hewitt until Harry was at least TWO years old.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2013 5:32:47 PM PDT
CNJ says:
How true, mostly. Charles treated sweet Diana so poorly. I think what Charles could not cope with is Diana's tears and sensitivity. He could not cope with her rawness, her caring about humanity, her unusual, deep thinking and even her shyness.

Diana was actually very quiet, but profound and that threw the Windsors, especially Charles for a huge loop and they didn't know how to cope with it.

Charles also cheated with other women besides Camilla. Even if Camilla had not been in the picture (she also was married, so she was cheating in her husband as well), Charles would have found another woman to cheat with.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2013 5:36:25 PM PDT
CNJ says:
True, but the Spencers did have a bit of commoner in them. Diana struck me as part commoner; she seemed at ease with "commoners."

And going way back, the Spencers do have Irish Catholic roots. Diana looks at least part Irish with her freckles, round face, the slight almond tilt to her large eyes, and even her straight, thick dark-gold hair.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Apr 25, 2007
Latest post:  Sep 19, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Diana Chronicles
Diana Chronicles by Tina Brown (Paperback - June 5, 2008)
3.9 out of 5 stars   (174)