Customer Video Review     Length:: 4:18 Mins
Published 6 months ago by JJCEO

2.0 out of 5 stars Its Big And Heavy
Published 2 months ago by Steven Davidson

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice portable travel and home charger for four devices at one time!, June 10, 2014
This review is from: Inateck® 4-Port 30W Compact USB Wall Charger (5V 2.4A x 2 & 5V 1A x 2) USB Portable Charger All-In-One Travel Charger for iPhone, Kindle, iPad, iPod, Smartphones, 5V Tablets, Bluetooth Speakers and Other USB-Powered Devices (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Length:: 4:18 Mins

This is a nice travel charger that will charge four devices simultaneously. It has 4 USB ports and two of them are super powerful ports that will output 5 VDC at 2.4 Amps. That is the power that an Apple iPad Air likes to charge at when it is very low. The other two ports on the wall charger output 5 VDC at 1 Amp and that is ideal for charging your smart phones.

The unit has flip out AC wall charger plugs and that is a nice feature if you toss this into a backpack, computer bag, carry-on luggage or just pack it away in a bag or briefcase. In my video I show it charging four items at one time and it worked perfectly while outputting over 5 amps. The unit has a max output of 6 amps. I was charging:
* Two iPhone 5S units at 1 Amp each
* An iPad Air at 2.04 Amps
* A Samsung Tab 4 at .95 Amps

The unit will operate on 100 to 240 VAC and 50/60 HZ. It is surge protected to protect it and your devices that are charging. The unit has an LED that is blue and it is on when the unit is plugged into the wall. It is very dim and that is good for me as I don't like bright LEDs in the hotel bedroom or in my bedroom at night.

My only minor complaint is that the unit when plugged in covers enough of the other AC wall outlet that you cannot use the other AC wall power outlet. That means you are using one and losing one and in a hotel room that sometimes can be a problem. I still liked the unit a lot and I rated it at 5 stars. I particularly liked the ability to output 2.4 amps for my iPad Air and the ability to charge 4 items.

I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation. A review was not promised to the supplier in exchange for the sample but I stated that if I provided a review that it would be fair and honest.

5.0 out of 5 stars ❤❤❤: charges my menagerie of iPhones & iPad as well as their factory chargers., August 2, 2014
❤❤❤ this charger. I've tried numerous multi port chargers for as long as I've had iPhones & iPads (my 'collection' started with models # 1). All of the multi-port chargers I've owned have stunk. Specifically, no matter how many ports I tried, (& I've had up to 4), the charger would only adequately charge 1 item at a time; also, some chargers would charge iPhones but not iPads, and so on... This time I wanted to make sure that I got a charger that actually charged as advertized.

I did hours of research before narrowing my choice. I wanted factory performance for each port, no matter what I charged in said port. Also, just to push the 'ask' a little higher, I wanted a sustainable solution for future gadgets which I plan to own at a future date...

My family currently owns a menagerie of:
- 3 iPads; iPad 3 Retna, iPad 1, & iPad Mini (1st edition)
- 3 iPhones; 2 iPhone 5's & 1 iPhone 4S
- 1 Kindle
- et. al.
Also, I anticipate adding the following as soon as their released:
- 3 iPhone 6's
- 1 iPad Air 2

Wanting to match the performance of the factory charger for each device owned, I visited the apple site and noted the watts and amps of each charger that came with all the iThing we own + the ones we plan to buy. The results were all over the place, i.e., the iPad 1 charger has 10 watts and 2.0 amps while the iPad Retina charger has 12 watts & 2.4 amps, it was clear that I needed a charger that was capable of charging gadgets with various watts and amps. Moreover during my research I learned that charger needed to have some type of protection so as not to 'kill' the iThings by overcharging them. Dr. Google warned that this was a real issue with disastrous results. In sum, I wanted a fast charge but I didn't want to 'kill' my iPad 1 by using the 2.4 amp port when it's designed for a 2.0 amp port.

Based on my findings, I narrowed down the choices to 2 different 4 port Chargers. Unable to decide, I bought them both, they are:
This charger: the Inateck which has 30 Watts, 2 ports @ 2.4 amps, 2 ports @ 1.0 amps
The other charger: the GadgetSys Dual USB ports External Battery Pack 10400mAh High Capacity Portable Backup Power Bank Concurrent Fastest USB Portable Charger for iPad Air iPad Mini 2 iPhone 5S Galaxy Note 3 Galaxy S4 Nexus 7 Nokia Smartphones and Tablets which has 39 Watts,2 ports @ 2.4 amps, 2 ports @ 1.5 amps

I've now had a chance to use both chargers and compare their performance. In sum, both Chargers ROCK; they are VERY similar in both size & output. In fact, I can't really tell a difference in performance between the two. Both chargers have a 'smart stop' or some technology to ensure your devise doesn't overcharge or overheat. Further, both chargers claim to match the output to the exact amount needed by your device. Also, even though the GadgetSys has 9 more watts, I found that both chargers perform just about the same.

Please note, these chargers are not physically identical, there's enough of a difference to see that each was made by a different mold. I'd half assumed when ordering that both chargers may have been made at the same factory and simply given a slight upgrade and different name, however, that's not the case...

In summary, I believe you'll be happy if you purchase either charger. Both chargers charge all of my devices as well as the factory chargers and both claim that they will not 'kill' my iThings. Personally, I ❤❤❤ having only 1 charger vs. 4. As for the 2 multiport chargers I bought, I use 1 at home and keep one in my suitcase for travel.

5.0 out of 5 stars sick of chargers all over house?, June 16, 2014
Length:: 0:42 Mins

i have 4 devices so this unit was perfect for my needs or anybody sick of having usb cables all over the house. shipping was on time and unit was secure and safe and inside the box is a INATECK 4 Port Wall Charger and user manual and the manual was simple to read and unit easy to use regardless but nice to have incase its needed. the unit is sturdy, with a good weight to it which i liked as i just plugged unit in wall and now im ready to charge all my devices at once. unit also has a blue LED thats bright but i like that fact because i charge mostly at night and its easy to see without turning on the light. i tested the unit with a Iphone 5/GS4/GS5 and a ipad and no issues there using your devices usb. 2x 5V/2.4A (Super Charger) Interfaces: Supports 5V USB charged devices on sale (Most types of mobile phones,tablet PCs or digital devices);2x 5V/1A (Universal) Interfaces: Supports smart phones from iPhone, Samsung & other 1A USB devices are the spcs for the unit and those pretty much cover anybody looking to make charging your devices easy.
and for under $15 its a must for families or person with multiple devices. i have used other usb wall chargers but a key selling point to this unit is the built in surge protector which is also CE&FCC certified and in my opinion with the costs of our devices that is a great feature and also unit is premium high power enabled to allow full speed charging. really liked the product overall and the price is lowest i have seen plus all its features make it a must.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very nice hub with a very huge brick., August 13, 2014
James A. Thomason III "jimt3" (Grayslake, IL United States) - See all my reviews
Works well, charges things quickly, and very handy to have along on travel.

One important thing to be aware of - it has a monstrously huge power brick, which is actually slightly larger than the hub itself. So don't think that you'll be carrying around a hub about the size of a deck of cards, you're carrying more like 3 cards, at about 5x the weight. If I really wanted to travel really light, the brick would've been a deal breaker for me, despite it being a good hub otherwise.

I've simultaneously charged my nexus 7, phone, and a spare battery I bring with me simultaneously w/o any issues at all.

The brick is a nuisance for traveling light, but it's still worth carrying the hub with me. Still recommended, especially at the cheap price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five, count 'em, five USB charging ports!, June 21, 2014
Length:: 2:15 Mins

Script from the video:

What on earth is going on here!

Just about every portable electronic device with a rechargeable battery that's smaller than a laptop uses a USB port and cable to charge these days.

That means you've probably hovered up quite a few devices that you're charging around the house with different USB charging plugs. Well this tiny, lightweight device is the Inateck 5 way USB Desktop charger and its mission is to combine all your home charging needs into a single box.

Now when I say this thing is small and light I really do mean it. It weighs just 80g and is no larger than an iPhone.

On the back side of the device is the on/off switch and when you press that a blue light will illuminate to tell you the charger is running.

As said there are five charging ports, two of them labelled as super charging ports which basically means you should plug your tablets and more power hungry devices into them.

So as a stress test I plugged in the following all at once: a Cheero Power Plus 10000 mah battery, a Cheero Mini Power Plus 6000mah battery, a Bluetooth speaker, my Nexus 7 2013 and my Samsung Galaxy S4.

And the result is, well, complete desktop carnage, but the Inateck usb hub didn't complain at all and charged the devices efficiently and quickly.

So why does this great little gadget come in such a big box? Well that's the caveat. The Inatech desktop charging hub comes with a huge ball and chain. Yes the USB hub is very small and compact, but attached to it is a power brick the size of which you expect to find with a laptop and the extension lead to plug it into the wall.

That compromise aside, at £16 this is the perfect solution to bringing all you charging ports into one small hub station.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great desktop charger, October 19, 2014
R. Gupta (Baltimore, MD) - See all my reviews
Length:: 5:34 Mins

Here are some of the mAh charging requirements for common devices:
* iPhone 4 battery 1,420 mAh battery capacity

WHAT'S IN THE BOX:
1x Inateck 5-Port USB charger
1x 12V, 3A Power Adapter
1x Manual

I was able to charge below in different combinations and didn't notice any issues:
* Kindle Fire
* iPad Air
* iPad 3
* iPad Mini
* Nexus 7 (2nd generation)
* iPhone 5
* Nokia 521
* Samsung galaxy rush
* T-Mobile 4G Hotspot
I have noticed below advantages with this charger:
-5V/7A of total output power to the USB's
-5 USB ports (5 USB ports share the 7 amps of output power)
- 2 fast recharging ports are 2.1A output and 3 other ports are at 1A output
-The USB supports automatic recognition of current and adjust voltage to be used for charging.
-Small and portable (size of a deck of card)
-Uses a power cord that allows the user to put the wall charger to a desired location
-Great for international use by using AC 100-240v input voltage
-Has overvoltage, overcurrent, overheating and short circuits protection
-Can charge IPAD and other tablets at 2.1 amps each(mx 2 tablets or IPAD).
-Works with all USB chargeable phones, tablets and other USB chargeable devices
-No annoying LED status light
-Ideal for a family/person who has many tablets and smartphones (I have an iPad 3, iPhone 5, Nokia 521 and Samsung galaxy that works great with this wall charger)
-Well designed
-Very high quality construction
-The smart IC chip is compatible with Apple, Samsung, LG, HTC and other brands products to keep device safe.

Overall this desktop charging unit looks beautiful & stable. This unit also features an on/off switch, a blue indicator light displays when unit is switched on.
I have received sample for review

5.0 out of 5 stars Wanted to like it...going back, June 16, 2014
Updated June 25th:

I am updating the review on account of awesome customer service I have received since I posted the issue. Inateck not only contacted me right away but also took plenty of details regarding the test. By this point I had already returned the charger back to amazon (that was on Inateck's advice). After thorough testing they determined that the 4th port still works for charging electronics that draw lower current (upto 1Amp). I have confirmed that as well. The company not only thanked me for the thorough testing I had done but also send me a replacement free of charge. A+ for customer service.

The concept is fantastic and the packaging and product looks great. When it comes to function, I encountered a weird issue. As mentioned in the material and on Amazon product description page, the first two ports (top two that are labelled Super Charger/S) are for charging heavy duty and most recent smartphones that are able to charge at 2 Amps. No problems here. Both our iPads and my Galaxy S5 charges perfectly. The issue came when I plugged the iPad into the last port (the one that's labelled Universal/U). This port is capable of charging at 1 Amp max, that's very clear. The issue cropped up when the 2 Amp ports were both occupied and I ended up plugging our iPad into the last port fully expecting it to charge but at a lower charge rate (similar to charging the iPad with an iPhone charger if you will). The iPad briefly switched to the charging display but quickly went into the "Not Charging" notification mode. I thought that was very weird as I am able to charge the iPad with even a 500 mAmps port on our surge protector.
My initial suspicion was may be the charger was over loaded. So I disconnected all electronics and plugged just the iPad into the 4th port all the way at the bottom. No go, same message pops up "Not Charging". Now I unplugged the said iPad and plugged in another iPad to rule out device issue, same problem persisted. Having ruled out defect with the iPads, I plugged in the iPad into the 3rd port which again is a 1 Amp port. No issues here. iPad was happily getting charged.
As a final test, I plugged in a USB current/Voltage monitor in series and repeated my experiment. For some reason the 4th port would only output at most 350-400 mAmps when the iPad was connected. I contacted the manufacturer about this weird behavior. Unfortunately the only reply I got back from them was to return the product back to Amazon. They said the the port will not charge an iPad.
So after extensive product troubleshooting, this baby is going back. Wish this had worked for me.
Looking at the other reviews I suspect I might have gotten a lemon but at the same time not sure if other reviewers actually tried what I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Safe, Reliable, Inexpensive & Convenient 4 USB Port Desktop Powerstation That Charges My Portable Electronic Devices Fine!, July 26, 2014
A marketing agent provided me with this product in exchange for my honest review with no strings attached.

This inexpensive Inateck UC4002 USB 4 Port Desktop Charging Station with built in surge protection weighs 7.5 ounces with dimensions 4” by 4 1/8” by 1 ¼” and comes with a 47 inch power cord, a on/off switch and a small blue LED light to indicate that the power is on.

It safely charges 4 devices at a 5V 6Amps (30Watt) maximum, automatically detecting and adjusting to the charging devices to avoid compatibility issues.

I have tested this product for several weeks now and have had no problems charging my kindle, Samsung Galaxy and iphone cell phones, notebooks and tablets.

Like nearly everything else sold in America, this charger was made in China.

While I find it a bit bulky for travel use, it is just the right size for desktop use; however, it does slide around on the desktop when plugging and unplugging devices to it. I plan on attaching 4 self adhesive rubber pads to the bottom to fix that inconvenience. In the mean time I use a mouse pad.

I recommend this product for desk top charging without reservation. You will get a lot of bang for the buck!

Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the Job Well, July 13, 2014
Pretty good charger, several companies seem to make this same type. It is most likely just one manufacture. So far, it has worked as expected, being about to charge my iPad, my phone, and my external battery at the same time without issue. It thing is much bigger than you would expect. It is 50% bigger than a pack of cigarettes. I do not smoke, size just for reference. It does have a problem with holding itself up when pulled into a looser wall socket. Recommend using it with a horizontal surge protector.

2.0 out of 5 stars Its Big And Heavy, October 4, 2014
I bought this product primarily because of the many 5 star reviews. After I got it, I decided to go back and re-read the reviews of it. I slowly came to the realization that far too many of the reviews are of a totally different product and far too many of them were reviews by people who claimed to be reviewing a product that the manufacturer sent them gratis solely for them to review. Its not logical to trust reviews from people who take free products from a seller and I AM UNCONVINCED THAT THAT MANY DIFFERENT PEOPLE WROTE REVIEWS FOR TOTALLY DIFFERENT PRODUCTS THAN THE ONE THEY WERE SUPPOSEDLY REVIEWING.

One posted on June 21, 2014 has a video of a similar but not identical product.

Another on July 23, 2014 referring to a Dual Port product that allow you to charge TWO devices.

Another on August 31 2014 notes that he likes "how convenient it is that is sits on your desk or counter". This product does neither.

A review on May 28, 2014 again calls it a DUAL PORT charger and refers to the "compact size (2.7" x2.2"x1.1"). This unit is twice that size.

A review on August 4 has a video showing a totally different product.

July 15 review noting that it was bought to "charge the things on the nightstand by my bed". This plugs into the outlet. It will not "sit on your nightstand"

August 26 review, written in nonsensical English, calls it "quite small, but this applies only to the table part". And goes on to discuss the external power supply. This unit has no power supply and has no "table part". It plugs directly into the wall.

July 22 review with a video showing a product with a cord. This has no cord.

September 20 review referring to the "long cord that allows me to use it at my desk". It has no cord.

June 16. A review of a 2 port charger.

July 15 review of a "USB charging hub is cleverly shaped like a book and can be used in a vertical or horizontal position. Dimensions are approximately 4 1/8 in. x 4 in. x 1 1/4 in. It has a nominal 45 in. power cable with heavy strain relievers and a polarized plug. Power is controlled by a rocker switch of good quality located in the rear...". There is no power cable, no polarized plug and no rocker switch at all.

Most of the remaining 5 star reviews are like the ones I noted above. There is something amiss here. I have started to question Amazon reviews and this product confirms my suspicions. The reviews on this thing are clearly manufactured and managed. And are UNTRUSTWORTHY.

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT BASED ON THE 5 STAR REVIEWS OF IT.