Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

Format: Paperback|Change

on August 31, 2007
A trip through Peru nearly a century ago that is as compelling now as when Bingham wrote the book. We are always looking for something we know is 'out there'. Hiram Bingham not only found what he was searching for, but the added surprise experience of seeing the breath taking beauty of Macchu Picchu. The reader is not lost in the words on a page, but lost in the Sacred Valley, the spectacular mountains, the indigenous peoples and the wonder of explorers such as Bingham.
on March 4, 2015
Bingham's book is dated and contains lots of things that have been disproven by later scholars, but it's an authentic piece of history about an important subject.
on June 15, 2016
Educational
on May 28, 2014
I have always wanted to add this volume to my library.The book was delivered quickly,and as I can't wait to have the book in my hands,it came as a nice surprise.Many thanks for making someone happy!.Philip.
on July 8, 2007
This looks like a reprint of the original work by Bingham about his "discovery" of Machu Picchu. I read the original 40 years ago, and it sparked a lasting desire to go see this place for myself. I finally made it, and it is all I imagined it to be. If this is, indeed, a reprinting of Bingham's original expeditions, they are facinating period pieces full of the hardships of exploring before tourism, basic amenities, travel health care, much less maps. Machu Picchu was, of course, not lost to the Inca descendants, only to the White educated explorers from afar, so Bingham didn't really "discover" it, but he certainly publicized it and Yale helped!
on February 10, 2007
The book is missprinted all around and can not be read

Sent back and a new one was swnt to me