4.0 out of 5 stars The not-geeky, not-hipster way to carry your stuff!
I purchased this backpack because:
1. I can't see myself carrying a messenger/hipster/metrosexual bag for my DSLR, iPad, and related electronics.
2. I can't see myself carrying a big dorky backpack for my DSLR, iPad, and related electronics.

Published on May 4, 2012 by N. Giardina

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst customer service for a premium retailer
Published 20 months ago by 125beachouse

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars The not-geeky, not-hipster way to carry your stuff!, May 4, 2012
N. Giardina "Nick G" (Middlesex, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
I purchased this backpack because:

It is almost absolutely perfect for me. It is conservatively styled, well-proportioned, and seems very durable. It meets every criteria I have for a murse.

In the main compartment, which has repositionable dividers, I carry a Pentax k-5 with attached Tamron 28-75, a Sigma 530DG ST Flash, filters, an iPad charging brick, spare SD cards, and all types of cables.
The iPad compartment is very well padded, has its own zipper, and could definitely fit an 11" MBA.
The exterior compartment leaves a little to be desired, and should have some more subdivision. All that I keep in there are business cards, extra batteries, and some Fiber One bars.
That being said, when I absolutely HAVE to, I can also just barely fit my Sigma 70-200 in addition to all the other aforementioned stuff.

The strap is well padded, and easy to adjust. I love the quick-release buckle. The external tripod straps work best with my monopod, and they feel a little strained with my tripod in there.

My only (minor)gripe is the exterior zipper. When I swing the pack in front of me to get/put something into/from inside, it is impossible to rezip the zipper with one hand. it gets caught as soon as it trys to turn the corner of the pack. An annoyance, and probably could have been solved by softening the angle of the corners just a bit.

Otherwise, I definitely recommend this to anyone who needs to carry a DSLR/iPad/Chotchka and doesn't want to also wear a pink scarf or whatever.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst customer service for a premium retailer, April 5, 2013
This review is from: Incase CL58058 DSLR Sling Pack (Black) (Camera)
Incase has arguably the worst customer service I have seen from a premium retailer. I recently emailed them to replace two lanyards that had fallen off of the zipper on this bag -- essentially rending these zippers useless. Not only am I not eligible for a replacement (it appears Amazon is not an authorized dealer -- or at least Incase will not honor warranties on bags bought through Amazon. Per Incase's reply to me: "Amazon and E-Bay sellers are not authorized to sell our product and you will need to contact the seller of that product directly for any sort of warranty service that they may offer."), but Incase also emailed me to let me know that "Your request (#73340) has been deemed solved".

In case this is not clear, this request is NOT solved. I do NOT having working zippers. I do NOT have a working product. And I am NOT satisfied with the customer service from Incase.

Buyer beware.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, October 7, 2012
This review is from: Incase CL58058 DSLR Sling Pack (Black) (Camera)
I spent hours looking at many different camera bags online until I found this one which seemed to suit my needs. It does not disappoint. It's small enough to be comfortable and portable but roomy enough to fit my equipment. It's well padded. It's well made. It has enough pockets with zippers. It's good looking. As a bonus its even relatively quite affordable. I can fit in this:

* 2 medium barrel length zoom lenses
* 4 prime lenses
* 1 short zoom lens
* 3 camera bodies (two m43 and one aps-c slr (olympus om-d, olympus ep-3, sony a200)
* 1 10" tablet
* 4 lens filters (3x CPL, 1 ND)
* 1 lens mount adaptor
* 1 tiny external flash
* spare batteries
* spare memory cards and readers
* various cables

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought another as a back up!, August 28, 2013
This review is from: Incase CL58058 DSLR Sling Pack (Black) (Camera)
I’ve realized that when you love something, get two! I bought this purely as a backup if/when my first one breaks down. The one I’m using is the Nylon version (Incase CL58032) and I use it every day. I’m not a photographer but I wanted a sling style bag that stays on my back and I didn’t want those triangular shaped ones. And it’s great! You can take out all the dividers. I leave one in just “Incase!” I also love how you can just swing it in front of you, open the zipper and do whatever you need to do with both hands and the bag sits securely on your stomach area.

There are some major differences between this version and the nylon model CL58032
- Price. The nylon one is usually about $10-$20 cheaper when available on Amazon
- Color. Though this is described as “black”, the picture is accurate. It’s gray. A slightly darker gray.
- Outer material. This one is like a wool or tweed but coated so it won’t pil easily.
- Inside lining. This one is a soft white fabric. You wouldn’t want to spill anything in it. The CL58032 is a nylon type lining (typical backpack style). I’ve spilled soup in it and easily wiped it out.
- Extra pocket. This one has an extra zipper pocket inside the main compartment that they say will fit an 11” macbook air. The nylon one does not have this feature.
- The strap. This is a minor gripe but the nylon one has a strap where the adjustable end is not sewn to the main strap. So you can tighten it and the excess will hang off the end. But this one is sewn on so if you tighten it more than a set length, you will have this annoying loop on the bottom half of your strap.

I like them both and I think I'll be using these for years to come.

4.0 out of 5 stars Proper Packing / Precarious Painful Piggybacking, July 19, 2013
This review is from: Incase CL58058 DSLR Sling Pack (Black) (Camera)
A photographer with a lot of gear needs a way to lug it around. The Incase DSLR Sling Pack is a beautiful and simple shoulder sling/backpack which accommodates gear nicely.

Pros

Allows up to 4 lenses plus Camera body/accessories.
Lenses and body insured nicely in thick padding.
A good number of zippered internal/external pockets.
Single strap allows the bag to rotate around your chest for quick access.
Quick release strap is durable and convenient.
Constructed with quality materials/stitching.
Convenient tripod straps.

Cons

It hurts on a long hike.
Some lenses will have a tight fit.
Large/medium tripods carry awkwardly on this bag.
External zipper uses tie with plastic ends (not super durable over the long haul).
BYO waterproof cover.

Review

I was looking for less than a backpack and more than a sling to carry my gear on outings. The Incase DSLR Sling pack hit the sweet spot of size and capacity, and it looks nice while not attracting a lot of attention.

Access to gear is quick and easy when the bag is rotated around to the chest. The pack has a decent amount of pockets, and zippered pockets for a little more security when fumbling around between swap outs. One of the lens cradles can be adjusted to accommodate a larger (diameter) lens. You'll need a bigger bag if you need to lug a larger tele lens.

Tripod straps position the tripod conveniently, however, a medium duty or large tripod won't travel well when carrying.

Unfortunately, this wonderful bag has a detrimental design flaw. This pack hurts to carry when the pack is fully loaded with gear and a light tripod. Incase provides two additional handles to lug the bag around, and a convenient snap quick release so you can access your gear easily (or to relieve your shoulder and back).

If you need a bag for long hikes or walkabouts, I would suggest a traditional two-strap backpack (or carry less gear). I suppose that if you're in the market for a sling pack, you're already aware of the limitation of the design. Taking this into consideration, Incase has designed the shoulder strap to be as comfortable as possible. The Incase DSLR pack is a great bag with limited range. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars COOL & practical, June 23, 2013
This review is from: Incase CL58058 DSLR Sling Pack (Black) (Camera)
This case is great for my Canon dslr with a wide angle lens. It will also hold 2 other lenses, my Ipad, Iphone, battery, chargers, cords, wallet & travle documents - It is a great carry on bag. The sling makes carrying everything effortless. This is one of those bags where everything you need has a specific slot, the velcro dividers make it easy to customize the slots for lenses & camera. It's easy to forget you have this bag on - and you don't look like a back-pack dork.

4.0 out of 5 stars great looking bag, December 30, 2012
This review is from: Incase CL58058 DSLR Sling Pack (Black) (Camera)
this bag was able to carry my nikon d7000 with len attached and still have space for 1 more len. able to put in my ipad as advertised and still got space for my nikon charger and ipad charger as well. when i slinged the bag, it was not a burden with all those stuffs i mentioned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended., October 26, 2012
This review is from: Incase CL58058 DSLR Sling Pack (Black) (Camera)
There are a couple of better choices, but this is the only sling that offers enough space for an 11" macbook air or a tablet, which is the reason I ended up buying it. I went to a state park a couple of times with it, always having the tripod attached. I used to never take my tripod, now I don't see why I shouldn't.

This thing makes taking your camera equipment with you a piece of cake. I absolutely love it. There is enough space to store my Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 lens, canon 50mm 1.8, and one more canon 80mm lens, a sigma 500gd flash, couple of hoods, cleaning tools, and Canon 650D DSLR with no problem at all.

It's super easy to access everything literally on the go, which is what makes a good sling pack a great photographer's asset, I HIGHLY recommend you get the Incase one, also if you need more storage for more lenses, look at the Incase Pro version of this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bag!!, August 1, 2012
This review is from: Incase CL58058 DSLR Sling Pack (Black) (Camera)
I really like this camera bag. I use it for my Sony NEX-5 and it can hold my 18-55mm, 16mm pancake, 50mm, and 35mm lenses with Plenty of room left for more lenses and accesories. It feels nice and comfortable on your body. One thing that bothers me about the price of the bag is the zippers don't feel like they are the best quality and affraid they migth not last long, but we'll see. Overall its a great bag!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good bag, May 28, 2012
This review is from: Incase CL58058 DSLR Sling Pack (Black) (Camera)
I use this bag to house NEX 7 + Zeiss 24/1.8 + Voigtlander 12mm 5.6 + Sony 18-200 + MBA 11 inch + card reader spare batteries... What's more is I hang the gitzo 1541T with the bag.

This has becomes my everyday travel bag.... Highly recommend. In fact I already brought 2 one for myself and 1 for my mom who loves talking photo as well.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Incase CL58058 DSLR Sling Pack (Black)
Out of stock