Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more

on November 28, 2012
I've been using this as my main bag for work for the last 5 months or so.

1. There is no padding at the bottom (or top) of the laptop compartment. None. Just thin nylon fabric between your laptop and the ground. This seems stupid, since don't you usually drop your laptop bag on the floor upright? The padding material at the sides isn't attached to the back of the bag, so the padding can drift slightly inside the nylon fabric sleeve and not protect the corners that well either.
2. The laptop compartment isn't snug and fitted to a 15" MacBook Pro the way it appears in the pictures. It's quite huge, this may be a positive if you have a much larger laptop. I estimate that you could fit almost a 2-inch thick laptop in there, to give you an idea of how oversized it is. There's plenty of padding between the laptop and your back, but only a flimsy bit of nylon padding (not the "furry" stuff like in the back) between the laptop and whatever's in front of it. Anyway, when I drop my backpack from a foot or two up I don't feel like my computer is well protected--I can hear it hit whatever surface due to the lack of bottom padding. A big step down from my old Timbuk2 laptop backpack that I used for the last 6 years.
3. Also the "iPad" sleeve inside provides zero padding and doesn't even stop it from bouncing around, it's just a very big, thin fabric pocket. And make sure to face your tablet's screen toward your laptop because...
4. The pen pockets are also sized for people who carry around dry erase markers and those giant sharpies people use for graffiti. Regular pens would just fly out of these.
5. So if your bag is not held upright at all times, your iPad and laptop can slide "up" (due to it not being snug or fitted at all) and can then be scratched and marred by your pens and any other items in the main compartment.
6. The straps of this bag are very wide and flat and stiff and look really cheap.
7. The zipper catches all the time on the flap that covers the zipper. It hasn't seemed like it's about to become jammed up, just inconvenient when I don't have two hands available to zip carefully.
8. Very, very lightweight. This may be a positive for you but it doesn't seem like it is very sturdy.

Recommendation: I would purchase a different bag. There is one called Belkin Core Laptop Backpack that is a lot sturdier and nicer, and is seven bucks cheaper at the moment. Do not ever consider buying one of these Incase Campus packs at anywhere close to their sixty buck retail price, it is really a thirty dollar bag that is really pushing it even at forty.
on November 10, 2015
Overall a great backpack. It maintains its slim profile with your laptop in there and offers lots of pockets to store all of your necessities. I just wish the pocket that held the computer was a little better insulated so the computer would not move around.
on October 2, 2011
I went with the campus incase because of the reduced price compared to the original one. Delivered in less time than I thought. Generally great large interior for my laptop (13in blackbook) but the pockets tend to let all the items shuffle to the bottom... significant items like my ti graphing calculator, comp. power adapter, headphone case all bunched at the bottom making it difficult to get my books in and access the lower front pocket on the outside. Good bag but perhaps the larger size and deeper body need more delegation of space.
on February 22, 2015
This bag may appears to be flimsy or very thin, but dont let that fool you. It is sturdy and strong bag, that can withstand over packing and a beating. It is a fantastic bag with great pocket placements especially inside the bag. Helps you easily organize all your electronics. I especially like the two medium sized pockets found inside the front of the bag. Great for your kindle or smart phone or to tuck any important docs (ie passport and plane tickets) into.
on August 27, 2012
Pros:
-good nylon build
-compact in size
-Mac (or PC) laptop compartment is feather-coated (like the Incase MacBook Pro sleeve)
-high-quality cushioned support built in straps and back
-iPad sleeve can be used for a paper notebook or folders, etc.

Cons:
-laptop compartment is a snug fit for a 13.3" MacBook Pro with an Incase sleeve
-main compartment inner pockets are on the smaller side
-strap length adjustment can slip out of place if not careful (meaning that one side may sit higher than the other)
-contents inside can become warm quicker than expected

All in all, this is a very good bag. Being a business student, I primarily use my Mac for everything, eliminating the need for a heavy-duty bag with pockets galore. The cushioned supports in the straps and the back are both the highest of quality that I have ever seen or used. The feather-like support that Incase provides is the same as in the Incase MacBook Pro sleeves, meaning that your Mac (or PC) will be well-protected. I mentioned that it is a snug fit with the sleeve, which it is but can also be a pro because it ensures that the laptop will not move while walking.

I have yet to have any contents that I keep in the small inner pockets fall out onto the floor of the main compartment as others have said, but it is possible. The straps for length adjustment (how high or low it sits on your back) are not rough like on other backpacks; these are really smooth. As a result, I have noticed that they slip to different lengths if I am not careful. I used to use a heavy-duty bag from my days with a much larger laptop and that bag did not heat up like this one does -- so I just may be new to this in that regard.
on November 22, 2013
A great bag from Incase! The padded area for my laptop is top notch and there's plenty of room for books and notebooks. Unlike other backpacks, this one is fairly simplistic and doesn't incorporate a bunch of small pockets that you'll never use. If you're looking for a sweet backpack, look no further!
on December 25, 2013
this is a nice looking case and nicely designed but it is not very well made. i have had it for some time now, but the zipper started to fray almost from the beginning. that is a pity because if that had not happened i would have given it 5 stars. the targus one i bought at target many years before for not so much money is better made. pity.
on September 27, 2013
I'm in highschool that has no lockers so most of my textbooks are put into my bag. With a large textbook and my 1 and a half inch binder, there leaves no room for much else. However the bag remains to keep a slim look to it even with a small textbook, some composition/ringed notebooks, and my 1 and a half inch binder. I like the look and feel of the bag and extremely like the extra pockets sewn on the inside of the main compartment, which allows easy access to pens, pencils, calculators. After a month of use, part of the sewn has come off leaving a gap. Not a major problem and easily fixed.
on June 23, 2014
After about nine months, this backpack's main compartment zipper seam is unraveling at the top. Replacing this roughly sixty dollar laptop is not so upsetting, though. It had shortcomings. It lacked any real padding at the floor of the laptop section. Though it could be argued that this was a design tradeoff to reduce weight, I disagree with the decision. The bag is quite light, though.

This bag replaced an Incase sling bag, which had sufficient padding and lasted several years.

I carry a 15" Macbook Pro and a slightly bulkier Dell laptop in this bag five days a week, and I often use the bag on weekends with a lighter load as well. For a student carrying 10 pounds of books and a tablet in the tablet compartment (which is raised above the floor of the bag), this bag is fine. For a student carrying 30 pounds of books or a laptop with a spinning-disk type hard drive, this bag's weaknesses will be noticed.

There are better bags for the money. Keep looking or spend just a bit more for something much better.
on January 3, 2013
For under $40, this looks like it's going to be a good, low-profile backpack. The laptop and iPad pockets will prove useful. There is a very small amount of padding on the bottom of the pack where the laptop sits, so I'm a bit concerned about that. I'm also concerned about the quality of the zippers on the pack--they stick, they seem a bit cheap, and I'm worried about how long they will last. Good overall, though I wouldn't recommend paying more than $40 for it.